Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Where my Bubbles Gone?

Prime Junta

apologized to Bubbles and admit to the Codex he did wrong

...even if, as you pointed out, inXile were the real bad guys there.

Right.

Edit: BTW I warmly second the motion of everybody being humble, kind, respectful, and civil towards each another on the Codex. When do we start?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
apologized to Bubbles and admit to the Codex he did wrong

...even if, as you pointed out, inXile were the real bad guys there.

Right.

Edit: BTW I warmly second the motion of everybody being humble, kind, respectful, and civil towards each another on the Codex. When do we start?
I'm honestly open to giving politeness a fair shake. Right after Grimoire is released.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
This may come as a bit of a shock guise but there isn't a review submission process. Anyone can submit a review, or an idea of a review, and if it's vaguely on-topic and recognisable as a review, they'll publish it. That'll also paint a bullseye on your back, meaning they might ask you to write more. This is what I did. Thing is, there isn't exactly a queue around the block here with people offering to write reviews.
Except there's a secret content forum where a process, such as what caused this whole drama, happen. You just weren't there to defend yours.

Somebody with a measure of dignity should just make it all public.

Prime Junta

Except there's a secret content forum where those things, such as what caused this whole drama, happen.

Yeah, there is.

Hey everyone who's on the secret content forum: in the history of the Codex, how many items of submitted content have actually ended up spiked?

Prime Junta

As many as considered critical by a certain party. You have that short of a memory?

...yes?

Obviously I'm not 100% hip to the inner circle shenanigans, but I'm not aware of any content having ever been spiked here. I.e. if it has been, I haven't heard of it.

I do know Infinitron wanted to delay publication of Darth Roxor's PoE review until a more, ahem, balanced one was available, but (1) he didn't succeed and (2) AFAIK he didn't even want it spiked, only delayed. (Might be mistaken about this part though, all my info is second-hand ofc.) Is there something else I don't know of?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
He sure wanted it spiked, but since that's not possible he went for the second best option. If you remember, he only didn't succeed because DU intervened (and because grunker/vd write even slower than roxor).

Prime Junta

He sure wanted it spiked, but since that's not possible he went for the second best option. If you remember, he only didn't succeed because DU intervened (and because grunker/vd write even slower than roxor).

Sorry, I'm afraid I don't remember. I don't generally follow Codex drama much unless it directly affects me, and don't even recall if I was aware of it when I offered to write mine.

Be as it may, he didn't succeed, so my question stands: has the Codex ever spiked anything submitted for publication? If so, what, when, and why?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
What is your point? This kind of shit only started to happen once someone became content boss in the codex (without ever contributing anything, or doing any sort of editing to justify being on content forum without writing content) and Obsidian started releasing CRPGs.

Prime Junta

What is your point? This kind of shit only started to happen once someone became content boss in the codex (without ever contributing anything, or doing any sort of editing) and Obsidian started releasing CRPGs.

I stated that if you care about the Codex and think the front page is in decline because of Infinitron and me, then submit something to it. Therefore, I want to know what kinds of barriers to publication the Codex actually has, if any.

If the Codex has in fact never spiked a legit* submission, then from where I'm at all this bitching about the global Jewish conspiracy ruining the front page is... well, just stupid really, because it means you have a very simple recourse if you don't like the front page content -- write front page content that's more to your liking.

*legit, as in, not someone paid by a PR agency, publisher, or similar... you know, an actual paid shill?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
No, I didn't mean he should apologize to the devs, I meant he should have apologized to Bubbles and admit to the Codex he did wrong (inXile interview was the one most people were interested in). He fucked up there but he pretended that nothing happened. And who knows, being a shill that he is he might have done it purposefully.
Apologise for what? A two-bit publisher mistakenly thinking Infinitron leaked TOP SEKRIT INFORMATIONS when he actually did no such thing?

Something like, "I'm sorry I did nothing wrong." or how about, "I'm sorry inXile are working with moronic publishers of the kind we thought they'd never have to work with again because of this whole kickstarter stuff"?

Bubbles was clearly upset over the interview being nixed and he was obviously really looking forward to it, but there've been a few times when it was clear that Bubbles was taking things a whole lot more seriously than they should be. That had been noted by myself, along the lines that Bubbles was just about ready to pop - so while this is a disappointment, it hasn't come as a surprise to me. And it's been long enough coming that if it wasn't this, it would've been something else.

As I keep re-iterating to people, this is a community site. Not a professional gaming rag that's looking to get a part of every exclusive. Of more importance to me is that people are free to express their genuine opinions about a game - be that good or otherwise. Even if that means we have to pay full retail and wait 6 months before somebody actually bothers to review it. I really couldn't give a yotz if some hack mobile app developer wants to cut us off, just so long as we're free to praise and / or take a steaming shit all over their latest piece of work as required. If getting cut-off is the price we have to pay for having that freedom, then that is a price I'm more than willing to pay.

Because if we start falling all over ourselves for losing access to developers over us literally having done nothing wrong... Well, see how afraid you are of Infinitron sucking dev cock and take that one to its logical conclusion. And that really would be the end of the Codex.

So I hope Bubbles continues to write good content. But like-wise, we're going to have content he may not like. And just as he's free to post his opinion, others are free to post theirs. Even pond scum like Prime Junta who require us to scrub the forum with A-Grade disinfectant and call in a de-contamination team after their every visit.

And if anyone here doesn't like that, well keep whining about in post after post - because that's what this place is pretty much for. Whining. Constantly. About everything.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Stop writing walls of text and eject Prime Cunta + do something about the content forum before you disappear again.

Nobody gives a fuck about Codex relations with Ineptile, if anything it's a boon to not have them on the codex.

Weasel
Perhaps it's an unfair perception, but the impression I get as a humble reader of the site, with no insight into illuminati forums, is that if an initial review is very negative like Roxor's review, then positive reviews are actively sought out to balance them. If they are broadly positive, like VD's Wasteland 2 review, then subsequent ones are discouraged, like when Blaine was told to wait for the "balance patch" so a second review could be justified and told:

Man, who even cares about political reasons at this point? Vault Dweller's review will always remain our official review, linked in the Steam curator. Yours will be more of a controversial second opinion. Think Roguey's Reviews. :troll:

At the time I was thinking of submitting a second review for a game but that exchange put me off with the talk of an "editorial excuse to put up a new review".

Prime Junta

positive reviews are actively sought out to balance them

FWIW I wasn't asked for a positive PoE review (or indeed any PoE review at all). I approached the Codex to offer to write one. There was a bit of back and forth about it as I was asked to explain what I would do differently from Roxor or Decado, and then they told me to go ahead.

I didn't like what was on the front page and decided to do something about it, see.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
You keep saying that as if it's some sort of point. People aren't unhappy with what's on the front page, they're unhappy with what's happening in the backstage.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmmm, that post was from back when we thought the big Wasteland 2 balance patch was going to come out in a matter of weeks. It ended up being the Director's Cut version that took over a year to release.

Prime Junta

You keep saying that as if it's some sort of point. People aren't unhappy with what's on the front page, they're unhappy with what's happening in the backstage.

How does what's happening in the backstage matter if it's not actually stopping submissions from appearing on the front page?

That's why I asked if the Codex has in fact ever spiked anything. 'Cuz if it has, and if the reasons are political or commercial rather than editorial, then yeah there's a problem.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We've spiked poorly written reviews (cough Konjad cough).

Roxor's PoE review was never going to be spiked. We wanted to delay it, initially with Roxor's own approval (at one point, the plan was to post his and VD/Grunker's reviews simultaneously).

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

How does what's happening in the backstage matter if it's not actually stopping submissions from appearing on the front page?

That's why I asked if the Codex has in fact ever spiked anything. 'Cuz if it has, and if the reasons are political or commercial rather than editorial, then yeah there's a problem.
It already happened more or less. Sure as hell ain't getting bubbles content in the front page ever again.

The content forum should have been made public the day his manipulations against roxor were leaked in site feedback.

DU comes here with this larping bullshit about muhcommunity while a special circle under him rules over content.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom