Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Where my Bubbles Gone?

Weasel
It is funny how the edgelords all rallied around Bubbles when the guy himself is an anti-Trump, refugee-welcoming Deutschcuck.

Trump.png

Wait, weren't you hated here as an SJW once, or do I have false memories? Can someone update me on my Roguey-lore?

Roguey goes through phases...
rating_agenda.png
rating_agenda.png

Roguey said:
I think the number of people ignoring me around this time last year was in the single digits. Becoming Lesifoere and Josh Sawyer is a winning combination if you want to frustrate a lot of people in a short amount of time. I don't know if it's enough to beat hiver though; eight more seems so far away. This is a pointless thread, but I'm just so thrilled to have finally made it. :D

Murk

Arcane
It is funny how the edgelords all rallied around Bubbles when the guy himself is an anti-Trump, refugee-welcoming Deutschcuck.

Trump.png

Wait, weren't you hated here as an SJW once, or do I have false memories? Can someone update me on my Roguey-lore?

Roguey was/is a sleeper agent*, and it is only a matter of time before his great and terrible masters reorient him to the next goal for their horrid cause. His words are always detached from his personal feelings, because he has none, only a mission to achieve.

Also, Bubbles being an SA goon is very unfortunate but he provided good content. Still, his willingness to do shitty things is p reprehensible. I'd still take him over PJ.

tormund

Arcane
Don't know about private staff talks, but I never once noticed him being asinine or preachy towards non liberals around here.
His jokes were a bit repetitive (random AAA game that provokes negative reaction among codexers - "guess we'll have to cover/review this") but that's about it. Only thing about him that came close to annoying me was him behaving like he was genuinely happy with low sales and nonexistent media reception of SitS, but that's about the worst thing I can think of.

Are there really any indications that politics played major role in his departure, or are usual suspects trying to make it look so as it suits their "this forum is toxic, something needs to change" agenda... something that him leaving primarily due to altercation with a member who himself subscribe to far left views doesn't.

Lhynn

Arcane
It is funny how the edgelords all rallied around Bubbles when the guy himself is an anti-Trump, refugee-welcoming Deutschcuck. Though he keeps that part of himself on Something Awful and not here. +M
He was right, the jew was at fault, a few cucks bought tyranny because of the glowing review. Im not saying this site should have super high journalistic standards or some crap. Im saying it should stop lying and shilling to people that dont know any better to gain the favor of developers, and that was exactly was bubbelz was saying as well.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
He was right, the jew was at fault, a few cucks bought tyranny because of the glowing review. Im not saying this site should have super high journalistic standards or some crap. Im saying it should stop lying and shilling to people that dont know any better to gain the favor of developers, and that was exactly was bubbelz was saying as well.

How is "This has some of the worst core gameplay I've ever experienced in a RPG, but the reactivity is well-done" a glowing review?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You clearly havent played Tyranny.

The review gives examples of what kind of reactivity you can experience. It's up to the reader to decide if that qualifies as well-done to them.

Lhynn

Arcane
The review gives examples of what kind of reactivity you can experience. It's up to the reader to decide if that qualifies as well-done to them.
Theres no real reactivity in the game, the world doesnt react to your actions, you just experience consequences for the path you chose.
You cant suddenly attack a random asshole and get a whole faction to hate you, you have to go out of your way to find the dialogue option that allows you to do so.
Tho at this point i guess im arguing semantics.
He also compared it to AoD, when the depth of choices and consequences in AoD, when the truth is, it isnt even close. He also claimed in has the makins of a classic, and while it is a matter of opinion, i cant believe anyone would think this game will be remembered by this time next year.

Zeriel

Arcane
I privately asked Bee for my ejection on Monday and expect it to go through at some point in the near future. The decision has been well-considered, as far I can judge that myself. I do not plan to return to these forums in any capacity, and I think I'll be able to stick to that. I won't post about RPGs anywhere else, and I won't publish content anywhere else. I apologize to everybody I have hurt or offended.

My remaining Gamescom+GDC content will be delivered to Bee unless she objects. It will consist of pure transcripts, without any commentary. The commentary should be left to those who are still part of the site.

Come on man, that's needlessly extreme. If there are things on this forum that disturb you, then we can find a way to keep those things away from you and still let you do the stuff you're great at. Even if it means leaving the forum almost entirely - look at TNO, he came out of nowhere after years of absence and gave us a DX: MD review. That's good too. I mean, if you'd never had access to the Content forums and never saw what was behind the curtain, would any of this had happened? Find out what works for you and do it.

What the fuck are you guys doing in the Content Section? Hazing? Mass orgies? Forced memes?

Anyway, Bubbles was the funniest guy who has ever wrote content for this website, so I'm just going to blindly assume you faggots were up to some real degeneracy.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The problem is more what we weren't up to. See DarkUnderlord's posts ITT.

Protip: If you ever find yourself volunteering to Do Stuff on the Internet, periodically check to make sure you're doing it for yourself and yourself alone. If you become emotionally reliant on other people's support, things won't end well for you.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Bubbles (6:28:38 PM): What's up, this is Bubbles from the forums.
XXXXXXXXXX (6:30:02 PM): oh heyy Bubbles!
Bubbles (6:30:11 PM): Need any help with Codex content?
Bubbles (6:30:19 PM): Or anything else?
XXXXXXXXXX (6:30:54 PM): nah i get it now
XXXXXXXXXX (6:30:59 PM): thx to you
XXXXXXXXXX (6:31:02 PM): =)
Bubbles (6:31:20 PM): I do what I can.
XXXXXXXXXX (6:32:15 PM): haha
Bubbles (6:32:26 PM): So, what's up?
Bubbles (6:33:09 PM): How was your day?
Bubbles (6:35:47 PM): Please respond.
XXXXXXXXXX (6:35:56 PM): it was good
Bubbles (6:36:56 PM): Is your internet lagging?
XXXXXXXXXX (6:37:00 PM): for a monday atl east
Bubbles (6:37:02 PM): I can help you fix that.
XXXXXXXXXX (6:37:39 PM): no im just a lil busy atm
Bubbles (6:37:50 PM): Oh, sorry.
XXXXXXXXXX (6:38:12 PM): lol nah its ok
XXXXXXXXXX (6:38:18 PM): nothing major
Bubbles (6:38:26 PM): Oh.
Bubbles (6:45:03 PM): Hey, well btw I passed by Gamescom today and I'm going to interview Josh Sawyer this weekend.
XXXXXXXXXX (6:45:13 PM): heyy i gtg
Bubbles (6:45:14 PM): In case you ever need more content.
XXXXXXXXXX (6:45:21 PM): nice talking to you
Bubbles (6:45:23 PM): Oh.
XXXXXXXXXX (6:45:26 PM): bye
Bubbles (6:45:34 PM): Well I'll see you tomorrow!
XXXXXXXXXX signed off at 6:45:36 PM

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
Bubbles (6:28:38 PM): What's up, this is Bubbles from the forums.
XXXXXXXXXX (6:30:02 PM): oh heyy Bubbles!
Bubbles (6:30:11 PM): Need any help with Codex content?
Bubbles (6:30:19 PM): Or anything else?
XXXXXXXXXX (6:30:54 PM): nah i get it now
XXXXXXXXXX (6:30:59 PM): thx to you
XXXXXXXXXX (6:31:02 PM): =)
Bubbles (6:31:20 PM): I do what I can.
XXXXXXXXXX (6:32:15 PM): haha
Bubbles (6:32:26 PM): So, what's up?
Bubbles (6:33:09 PM): How was your day?
Bubbles (6:35:47 PM): Please respond.
XXXXXXXXXX (6:35:56 PM): it was good
Bubbles (6:36:56 PM): Is your internet lagging?
XXXXXXXXXX (6:37:00 PM): for a monday atl east
Bubbles (6:37:02 PM): I can help you fix that.
XXXXXXXXXX (6:37:39 PM): no im just a lil busy atm
Bubbles (6:37:50 PM): Oh, sorry.
XXXXXXXXXX (6:38:12 PM): lol nah its ok
XXXXXXXXXX (6:38:18 PM): nothing major
Bubbles (6:38:26 PM): Oh.
Bubbles (6:45:03 PM): Hey, well btw I passed by Gamescom today and I'm going to interview Josh Sawyer this weekend.
XXXXXXXXXX (6:45:13 PM): heyy i gtg
Bubbles (6:45:14 PM): In case you ever need more content.
XXXXXXXXXX (6:45:21 PM): nice talking to you
Bubbles (6:45:23 PM): Oh.
XXXXXXXXXX (6:45:26 PM): bye
Bubbles (6:45:34 PM): Well I'll see you tomorrow!
XXXXXXXXXX signed off at 6:45:36 PM
:notsureifserious:

Klarion

Arcane
Do I really have to play... say, Dragon Age 2 to know that it's a steaming, stinking pile of shit!? Of course not! I mean, that's a known fact.
So Bubbles is really kinda wrong about this issue... I think if someone saw the gameplay videos or read a bunch of reviews or whatever, it can be enough to know something about a game and form opinion about it. You don't necessarily even have to play it, let alone finish the game... Look, I'm not saying you can review the game without playing it, hell no. But to say something about it, fuck yeah!

That said, I think Bubbles was great contributor to the site, sure gonna miss him, one of the most HQ members here... But fuck it, show must go on and Codex is greater then any one of us and it will go on, with or without Bubbles...

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom