Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Where my Bubbles Gone?

Prime Junta

You fled with tears in your eyes but you won't really specify why.

I just did. Okay it was bit facetiously phrased -- I don't really have PTSD -- but other than that it's God's own truth. The Pillars drama was really fucking unpleasant, and when, completely out of the blue, there was another leak, I flipped. That really is all there is to it.

Now you're still here with your innocent lamb act while everyone else is wondering why Bubbles left.

It might go a long way towards ending this conflict if you'd -- oh, I don't know -- maybe admit you had a little something to do with the stupidity all around?

I did write that sentence, and I overreacted to the leak. Is there anything else you'd like me to cop to?

Fairfax

Arcane
You fled with tears in your eyes but you won't really specify why. Now you're still here with your innocent lamb act while everyone else is wondering why Bubbles left.

It might go a long way towards ending this conflict if you'd -- oh, I don't know -- maybe admit you had a little something to do with the stupidity all around?
There's only one solution to the conflict: drain the swamp. Cunta deported to the Watch (as he requested), Bubbles back in the staff and Infinitron no longer involved with any content about Obshitian or its games.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
People take internet posting too seriously
tumblr_lmsth5HWPn1qfpfqc.gif

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Part of the mystery has been solved. Infinitron approved the posting of the following:

n2h5kj.jpg

So it was his idea the whole time. Now, while I still have a deep-seated, strong dislike towards someone who's openly stated he doesn't like us yet clings here like a dried piece of turd and has even taken to submitting reviews here instead of where he apparently prefers to reside (even though it wasn't his idea), at least Prime Junta has offered up some modicum of contrition. By Infinitron not having a problem with me posting the above, I consider him to have done so as well.

The only one we don't currently have at the table is Bubbles. Will he come back?

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
You fled with tears in your eyes but you won't really specify why. Now you're still here with your innocent lamb act while everyone else is wondering why Bubbles left.
There's only one solution to the conflict: drain the swamp. Cunta deported to the Watch (as he requested), Bubbles back in the staff and Infinitron no longer involved with any content about Obshitian or its games.
Add inXile to it, after his leak and Gamescom fiasco he shouldn't even get close to Fargo and co.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Part of the mystery has been solved. Infinitron approved the posting of the following:

n2h5kj.jpg

So it was his idea the whole time. Now, while I still have a deep-seated, strong dislike towards someone who's openly stated he doesn't like us yet clings here like a dried piece of turd and has even taken to submitting reviews here instead of where he apparently prefers to reside (even though it wasn't his idea), at least Prime Junta has offered up some modicum of contrition. By Infinitron not having a problem with me posting the above, I consider him to have done so as well.

The only one we don't currently have at the table is Bubbles. Will he come back?
needs more compression artifacts

Prime Junta

FYI:

Latest post on RPGWatch.com by Prime Junta: April 2nd, 2013, 19:08
Latest post on RPGWatch.com by Crispy: November 12th, 2016, 00:36

Edit: Huh, it also looks like I joined the Codex before I joined the Watch. April 8 vs October 10, 2006.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drax

Arcane

n2h5kj.jpg

You're also being gay about it, crispy. I still don't see why everyone is reacting like someone raped their daughters or something.

index.php

Arcane
When the Watch sends their users, they're not sending their best:

DU should appoint a special prosecutor and look into Infinitron's case (and the rest of the staff), because what happened was a disgrace. We lost Bubbles, one of our best users and content creators, because of an illegal immigrant.

DarkUnderlord

hell bovine

Arcane
While I freely admit I actually like the trolling aspects of the codex, I'm not sure that blame/flame wars are likely to convince Bubbles to change his mind. You might be achieving the opposite effect, guys.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
more like:
duty_calls.png

which, funny as it is, is not exactly helpful

:retarded:

how dare you suggest this isn't being helpful? pointing out the errors of others on the internet is the highest form of helpfulness. consider the internet full of wrong people never being corrected. they would just go on being wrong on and on, conceiving more wrong on the way. no, these people ar martyrs, sacrificing their time for our all wellbeing. indeed we should revere these kind people as gods. you're wrong.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
FYI:

Latest post on RPGWatch.com by Prime Junta: April 2nd, 2013, 19:08
Latest post on RPGWatch.com by Crispy: November 12th, 2016, 00:36

Edit: Huh, it also looks like I joined the Codex before I joined the Watch. April 8 vs October 10, 2006.

So in other words you voluntarily turned from the Codex that nourished you and gave your insignificant posts a life to search for something better at the Watch.

A 'Prime' candidate for an ejection if ever I saw one!

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
You join a forum such as the Codex to do one of three things:

(a) Be professional: writing reviews, doing LPs, providing ultra-detailed analyses in threads.
(b) A mixture of shitposting, interest in other forums (politics, etc.) and some analyses about cRPGs in threads.
(c) Pure shitposting diarrhea.

I think just a minority is professional and most posters belong to the second group. Bubbles always made people laugh with his ironies, but he is also an autistic force of nature. No wonder he took things seriously, because he is professional. Of course, being professional on a collective hobby is a sacrificing endeavor, because he is not being paid to do these things. The people who will benefit the most on his work are developers, not us. The fact that most people, including other reviewers, will not meet your standards can be frustrating. All this at the expanse of your private and professional life. It's not worth it. That is why I never tried to do a review. I know myself and I know that I would be even more involved that I'm now. Saying that he shouldn’t be so serious about the Codex standards and at the same time, complimenting him about his good stuff is an incoherence. You can’t have the cake and eat it. The truth is that we all spend a ridiculous amount of time in this addictive place that is impossible to defend. We all take this place too seriously because we all waste too much time here. You people are saying that he was on the edge after the Inxile debacle, but he was just trying to do the logical thing according to his investment, which is, to defend this place. Maybe Bubbles is just seeing things more clear now and we are wrong in asking to be tied to this place.

Weasel
Bubbles may have moved on to staff forums anew, but his drily humorous wallotext reviews will surely live on for eons yet. But who was that on the grassy knoll?

Aenra

I always appreciated Bubbles 's style and tone; more so since he can pull that off without affecting the thoroughness/quality of his reports. And that's not easy an easy thing to do. Will be a loss to this site if he fucks off forever (read: about a week) but ultimately, it's his decision.
What i find.. immature is the way he chose to go about it. If it's really a mention of AoD from a non-AoD player that instigated all this? Jeesus.. (and if that's enough to cause such a strain, he really is better off). If it's something else, he should have been upfront about it. Might not have lessened the drama regarding his person, but it would have spared us yet another 'x' versus 'y' mod war. These don't help.
(so if you read this Bubbles, just complain like we do when we feel butthurt man..with 'facts' and reasons. And if you still wish to leave afterwards, God bless you)

Now as to Prime Junta , i think he deserves some slack. Shitting on his review is O.K. (i did). Expecting him to assume culpability for.. what? Another adult's drama-quitting for (ultimately) nothing of import? That's pushing it. A lot.
And while some of you allow your personal issues with either to cloud your judgement, i think that end of the day people like Junta are just as useful. Whatever your disagreements with him, you have to admit he's one of the few non-Hiveminded posters that is capable of explaining himself rather than meme-ing his way out. A different opinion never hurts. Nor does having another person to start a flame war with, lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom