Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Where my Bubbles Gone?

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I saw Bubbles at a café in Manhattan last Friday. I tried to get his attention from across the street by shouting “TRANNY ISN'T LIKE AOD” at him over and over again. He tried to ignore me at first but after like five minutes of on-and-off shouting he turned around and shouted at me to shut up or he would kill me. I asked him if it’d be as easy as the time he tried to kill Prime Junta over some shitty RPG review and he burst into tears. Overall it was a pretty good morning.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm just speculating here, but if the lengthy nature of one's pro bono articles is affecting one's quality of life, and the person's mentality makes conciseness an impossibility, perhaps it's for the best they stay away from such endeavors. :M

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I guess one of the primary traits of being insane is not knowing you're insane.

I disagree. For example, on Monday I was in the process of coming down from and feeling the withdrawal symptoms of a manic high. A chance to get noticeably irritated over something dumb was the perfect opportunity to induce some hair of the dog hypomania to make the transition to the baseline smoother and less unpleasant. That's self-awareness.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I thought his OMG MYSTERIOSSS SARCASM MASTER reputation was a little overblown, but Bubbles always seemed sincere to me--unlike a certain other reviewer who has a track record as being a SLIMY FUCK and a communist.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
730.gif

it's not bubbles, but balloons but close enough

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Gotta say, this is some real kindergarten shit. I enjoy and appreciate the content provided by those involved in this a lot, but really men: get your shit together and stop arguing about non-issues like some teenage girls.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I do have one thing to say (and forgive me, I have had a bit to drink). But I will say this:

Bubbles is perhaps one of the BEST contributors to articles on this website. But I can understand if you take the things people say here, and it finally gets to you, personally. And sometimes, you may just need a break from all this. And you most assuredly DO. And your convictions to integrity is also noted.

Take a break, and if you feel you want to contribute more here, come back. We would greatly appreciate it.

I wish you only the best on however you want to spend you free time.

Take care, and thank you.

Jason

:salute:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
My guess is "being asked to write a review" was Infinitron asking Prime Junta in the hopes of a positive review before some evil bad guy comes up with an actual review?

Infinitron and Prime Junta ruining everything again. They never have enough Doritos, it seems.

Edit:

Also lol at:

I just hope he realizes in time that we're all better served if he returns to what made him great - producing excellent content and reviews. Everything else is a distraction.

If there are things on this forum that disturb you, then we can find a way to keep those things away from you and still let you do the stuff you're great at.

So much self-importance and weaselry. Go fuck yourself.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
PJ does it again.

Not content with shill reviews and trying to turn this site into an SJW cesspool, he takes out Bubbles.

0/10

sullynathan

Arcane
I really thought the codex was better that this. Someone is really quitting the forum because of petty internet drama that doesn't even affect their real life? I thought Bubbles was doxxed or something important, not this....

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I'm on a mobile phone, so this is the quick and nasty version:

1. The Codex is not in anyway a professional site and shouldn't be treated as one by anyone on staff. By all means write what you feel is good content, but don't expect us to respond professionally (ie within a reasonable time-frame, and having read it).

2. We're all volunteers here. And as I age towards Grand Wizard, and take on more responsibility in my career that pays real money for making a real difference in the real world, I want more and more for this place to be a nice place I can chillax and shit post in, not a place with an added expected work burden.

3. Bubbles is a great content writer and it will be sad to see him go.

4. We're a community site. And we've always prided ourselves on robust conversation. If there's something you don't like, by all means shit all over it in the contents and tear them a new one, but respect the author's right to have their opinion - ie don't abuse system powers because you're butthurt (ie taking it too seriously). Abusing system powers for shits 'n giggles is totally fine though.

I might say more later when I'm back on a PC in a few days.

Parsifarka

Arcane
2. We're all volunteers here. And as I age towards Grand Wizard, and take on more responsibility in my career that pays real money for making a real difference in the real world
Are you implying that Trump didn't win thanks to our shitposting thread? Codex is the real thing.

Bubbles is great and his reports were the only walls of text I read in the front page (sorry guys, but one must be selective). So I understand you all know how good was having him writing and that you'll try anything to keep him in this shithole, although that may not be possible... But why? It sounds like some tense protodrama was going on for a while, and we all have popcorn here, so if someone cares to explain the ((source)) of the conflict...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom