Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Where my Bubbles Gone?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I privately asked Bee for my ejection on Monday and expect it to go through at some point in the near future. The decision has been well-considered, as far I can judge that myself. I do not plan to return to these forums in any capacity, and I think I'll be able to stick to that. I won't post about RPGs anywhere else, and I won't publish content anywhere else. I apologize to everybody I have hurt or offended.

My remaining Gamescom+GDC content will be delivered to Bee unless she objects. It will consist of pure transcripts, without any commentary. The commentary should be left to those who are still part of the site.
I hope you will reconsider, but if not, I wish you all the best in some other corner of the internet you decide to settle into. I have always enjoyed your content and were/am looking forward to every piece of it, since your sarcastic writing style suits The Codex perfectly. However, I will also respect your decision if you decide to leave, since that is well within your right.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I remember not being sure whether Bubbles was a Zenimax shill or not.

I eventually stopped caring, and then discovered he was contributing to the front page with fairly entertaining reviews.

I quickly stopped caring about that, then I discovered he was gone:(

Israfael

Arcane
Sometimes it seems world is going straight down the drainer... Bubbles seems to be a rational person, is it really worth doing this because of a mediocre "DLC incoming" game?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I really thought the codex was better that this. Someone is really quitting the forum because of petty internet drama that doesn't even affect their real life? I thought Bubbles was doxxed or something important, not this....

Check out the word count on his gamescom reports, add an additional one plus a 150 minute interview with JES yet to be transcribed. Writing that much in addition to all your other responsibilities is going to take a toll. Apparently he's unable to prioritize and make cuts where needed (i.e. spend less time writing about shovelware nobody's going to talk about a year from now) so the baby goes out with the bathwater. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Bubbles just pulled a D.E.N.N.I.S. on us.

Demonstrate Value - start generating content that people like.
Engage Physically - interview developers in real life.
Nurture Dependence - keep putting out good quality content.
Neglect Emotionally - keep codexers wanting more.
Inspire Hope - never let codex down.
Separate Entirely - ragequit for some silly reason.

Last edited:

Xorphitus

Scholar
Nurture Dependence - keep putting out good quality content

Love that Always Sunny reference.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
I really hope Bubbles comes back and takes things easy for a while, puts his feet up, gets a stress ball with PJ's picture on it and squeezes the hell out of it, and then goes back to writing the funniest and most interesting reviews and articles on the Codex. Next year isn't going to be the same without the Frank & Bubbles show, aka the greatest Germanic invasion since the sacking of Rome. :(

The Blackguards 2 review is a work of art.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane

Forgot the I :MFixed now.

Xorphitus

Scholar

Forgot the I :MFixed now.

Excellent.

DramaticPopcorn

Gas the 'tron! Race war now!
Realtalk, though, why is Infinitron still on staff? Everyone should realize by now that he is pushing an agenda, and is not impartial in his decisions and posts. He should be politely asked to step down and taken to the countryside before being shot in the back of his head.
I see no other solution to this (((problem)))

Last edited by a moderator:

sullynathan

Arcane
Gas the 'tron! Race war now!
Realtalk, though, why is Infinitron still on staff? Everyone should realize by now that he is pushing an agenda, and is not impartial in his decisions and posts. He should be politely asked to step down and taken to the countryside before being shot in the back of his head.
I see no solution to this (((problem)))
He does his job

Mustawd

Crooked Bee, please eject Irenaeus Crispy instead.

Prime Junta claims that he was asked to review Tyranny, and so he did. I'd like to know who it was that asked him to do so. Was it Bubbles? (How ironic would that be?)

Was it Infinitron? Crooked Bee? We need to know because that person should take some responsibility for this situation, considering PJ is primarly a 'Watcher and is thus unfit to stay while someone genuinely cool like Bubbles bails.

Once again it falls upon my shoulders to get to the bottom of and solve a Codex crisis.

You are so fucking old.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustawd

You are ridiculously butthurt that your year long memeing had no impact.

We should have a Eurocuck board that isolates all Euros from the American side of the codex. We can call it Euro-cuckdex and it will be full of liberal Eurotrash like you and DramaticPopcorn. I bet you wanted HRC to win in real life didn't you? I find it hard to believe you can look at yourself in the mirror every day and not commit sudoku. If anyone should be banned forever it's you Jasede.

J/k. I <3 you Jasede.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I very much enjoy the content/posts of all involved in this clash, such a shame to see you fighting. Why can't you all see each other's values and get along? You have a lot in common after all!

Sad times, reminds me of MCA leaving Obsidian.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I privately asked Bee for my ejection on Monday and expect it to go through at some point in the near future. The decision has been well-considered, as far I can judge that myself. I do not plan to return to these forums in any capacity, and I think I'll be able to stick to that. I won't post about RPGs anywhere else, and I won't publish content anywhere else. I apologize to everybody I have hurt or offended.

My remaining Gamescom+GDC content will be delivered to Bee unless she objects. It will consist of pure transcripts, without any commentary. The commentary should be left to those who are still part of the site.

I'm going to echo what Jaesun and VD have said- you're a good writer and made codex reports enjoyable, funny and (sometimes) insightful. I hope you take some time off and can find your way back here in a way that makes you happy. :salute:

Murk

Arcane
Bubbles is one of our highest tier writers and contributors, and I wish him only the best. I want him to stay, but if it is affecting his life in a negative manner, then I do not blame him for leaving.

Just remember m8, you can always make an alt, and most of us don't mind pretending we can't tell it's drog you.

Also, ban Infinitron and Prime Junta and also PrimeJunta for good measure.

Gord

Arcane
I've got no real idea about the happenings other than what has been said here, but imo, if you decide to quit the internet forever over some insignificant internet-stuff like that, then yes, you should quit the internet forever, because you've probably deeper issues.

That being said, I enjoyed his reviews, so it's still a loss to this site.

Unless of course, as Infinitron has insinuated, there's something going on in the content forums that's so disturbing that Bubbles tries to flee from it. Which is not that hard to imagine actually...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom