Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Where my Bubbles Gone?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
We think alike, which is why I don't believe the second statement.

I've never ragequit the Codex though. If Bubbles were just 'avin' a giggle, he wouldn't be self-ejecting.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I usually skip the reviews because they're too long and too shilly. High quality games deserve attention, not obvious trash like Tyranny. You people could learn a thing or two from Irxy's classy approach to Darkest Dungeon, bro went with his gut, summed it up perfectly. Slam dunk review, and he didn't even play the game. should've put that on the front page.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I privately asked Bee for my ejection on Monday and expect it to go through at some point in the near future. The decision has been well-considered, as far I can judge that myself. I do not plan to return to these forums in any capacity, and I think I'll be able to stick to that. I won't post about RPGs anywhere else, and I won't publish content anywhere else. I apologize to everybody I have hurt or offended.

My remaining Gamescom+GDC content will be delivered to Bee unless she objects. It will consist of pure transcripts, without any commentary. The commentary should be left to those who are still part of the site.
I am not going to pretend I know what happened here, but I hope you will reconsider, as you were a good poster. I think you add something to the website, and at the very least, I hope you did not give up writing about RPGS (even if it is not on the codex).

As for the underlying drama, I have nothing constructive to add (and my shitposting-fu is weak).

Saduj

Arcane
Add me to the list of people who have enjoyed Bubbles' content and his sarcastic sense of humor. Best of luck to him.

That said, I think a better choice would have been for him to step back the time commitment and just post for fun when he feels like it. Its easier to agree to disagree when you have nothing invested. Judging by the other posts in this thread, doesn't seem like he'd get too much grief if he called off the account nuking and went that way instead.

Mustawd

In order to appease Bubbles we should just go ahead and change PJ's username to Prime Cunta.

Or forget Bubbles; Prime Cunta just sounds funny.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I usually skip the reviews because they're too long and too shilly. High quality games deserve attention, not obvious trash like Tyranny. You people could learn a thing or two from Irxy's classy approach to Darkest Dungeon, bro went with his gut, summed it up perfectly. Slam dunk review, and he didn't even play the game. should've put that on the front page.
Celerity has offered to review it.

A horse of course

Over half a century ago, a young man fell upon the beaches of Normandy. His spirit was frayed from years of war, and his body lay broken and torn. Yet as he breathed his last, a smile played upon his bloodied lips, for he knew that he had given his life so that one day in the future people could spaz out at each other over some stupid fucking review of a shitty video game by a bunch of talentless cuckold devs who'd failed to produce anything of worth since 2010.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
How many times has he pulled the leaving forever thing now? I thought only Prosper was special enough to get away with that, PJ on the other hand is common Goon that should be at the very least spayed.

Cleve and Black Cat have also been denied their leaving-forever requests. :M

While I normally try to stay abreast of forum drama, this sucks. Bubbles went from high-quality shitposter to the Codex's best content contributor in the space of only a year or so.

It seems clear to me that this has nothing to do with PJ and everything to do with some tension that had long been simmering on the back burner between Bubbles and a certain other staff member. Sucks that both parties weren't willing to be grown-ups and work their shit out.

First MCA and JES, now Bubbles and Infini. Truly history repeats itself.

Anyways: Thank You Bubbles for all of your excellent content over the past few years. You were one of the reasons the Codex became my go-to source of gaming news. Here's hoping I'm lucky enough to encounter you in another incarnation, whether virtual or existential.

:salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom