Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Where to buy

deadmeme

Learned
Hi guys!

Where can I buy Wizardry 1-5 and Dominions 1-2?

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
You can buy The Ultimate Wizardry Archives used on the usual marketplace websites. It contains Wizardry 1-7. Or you can download the CD image from archive.org and pretend you bought it.

Dominions 1 & 2 are available for sale on the illwinter website https://www.illwinter.com/

Arthandas

Prophet
You can buy The Ultimate Wizardry Archives used on the usual marketplace websites.
Yup, the only way to get an original copy. I got mine very recently from local marketplace for just 30$, worst case scenario - get it from Ebay but be prepared to pay 3-4 times that.
For some stupid reason they never got a digital release even though Sirotek still owns the rights to Wiz 1-5.

curds

Magister
For some stupid reason they never got a digital release even though Sirotek still owns the rights to Wiz 1-5.
It's for the best. So many old, good RPGs used to be available for free on abandonware sites, then GOG snatched them up, made the abandonware sites take the links down and started charging ten bucks a pop for 25 year old games.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
When you look at the remaster of Final Fantasy 1-6 on Steam i about vomit. I'm not saying they're bad but jesus christ they sure like milking that cow hard.

just saw an archive for $999.95 on ebay. FUCK NO!

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Hmmm so many platforms for wiz1 alone

Platforms
Apple II, Commodore 128, Commodore 64, FM-7, Game Boy Color, Macintosh, MSX, NES, PC-88, PC-98, PC Booter, Sharp X1, WonderSwan Color

now if you include the trilogy Wizardry: Llylgamyn Saga
Platforms
PlayStation, SEGA Saturn, Windows

a
nd the SNES
Wizardry I•II•III: Story of Llylgamin
SNES (1999)

Wizardry 2
Platforms
Apple II, Commodore 128, Commodore 64, FM-7, Game Boy Color, Macintosh, MSX, NES, PC-88, PC-98, PC Booter, Sharp X1M

Wizardry 3
Platforms
Apple II, Commodore 128, Commodore 64, FM-7, Game Boy Color, MSX, NES, PC-88, PC-98, PC Booter, Sharp X1

TurboGrafx CD
Wizardry I・II

Hmmm...
849409-wizardry-proving-grounds-of-the-mad-overlord-macintosh-screenshot.png

Ok..
PkYwLiz.jpg

N9a9yuJ.jpg

4MVmEOa.jpg

eh???? What??

Codex Year of the Donut
If you've already played them, I've heard the SNES version of Wizardry I,II,III are worth playing. There's a fan translation patch for them.

Narushima

Cipher
Buy Dominions 5+
Yeah, Dominions is not one of those games where you gain anything playing the older ones, I don't think.
It's basically always the same game, no story, but each one improves on the previous one, so just play the latest.

I had a physical copy of Dominions 3, with its big spiral-bound manual, and I threw it away years ago. Shame.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom