Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Where Video Games Are Popular Among Adults

Phos

Where Video Games Are Popular Among Adults

Video games are not only popular among kids. Around the world, millions of adults play video games too, using gaming consoles, computers and – to an increasing extent – their mobile phones. Last but not least, gaming has been a popular past-time when the coronavirus pandemic increased time spent at home.

According to the Statista Global Consumer Survey, the United Arab Emirates was the country with the highest number of adult gamers in 2022. 91 percent of Emirati adults said they gamed at least occasionally, with many fans of mobile gaming among them. Smartphone gaming - a huge growth market - has won over people not previously invested in the activity by giving them easy access at low or no initial cost. This phenomenon has also been more pronounced in the developing world.

Countries in the developing world - aided by their younger demographics - produced more gamers. Nigeria and Indonesia as well as China and Egypt reported the highest numbers of adults saying they played video games in the survey of around 40 countries.

Saudi Arabia had an equally high number of gamers while also producing the highest number of frequent gamers (26 percent of adults). Japan, a country traditionally associated with video games, had one of the lowest engagement rates for gaming among adults.

In the U.S., the highest number of adults reported gaming on consoles instead of on computers and mobile phones. Consoles were also popular in Mexico and Latin America, while in European countries, computer gaming was more popular than consoles in many places.

https://www.statista.com/chart/18914/adults-video-game-playing-behavior-selected-countries/

18914.jpeg

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hey, my rich uncle is from Nigeria. He writes to me often.

I have some double bad news bro. Firstly he died recently, secondly he's not really your uncle.

His lawyer and close personal friend, Mr. Edward. N. Onjabuda told me so. Said that because he has no living relatives, he is leaving me with TWENTY MILLION US DOLLARS ($20 000 000).

If you don't believe me feel free to contact the lawyer directly at his official business email: x2234ddzzycl@yahoo.com for confirmation.

Sorry you had to find out this way.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Where the fuck is Glorious Brazilian Empire, tho?
Can you confirm what I've read today?

Can you believe the Sega Master System is still being manufactured in Brazil? Which probably makes it the longest running retro console.

In 2015, it was reported that Master System plug and play systems sell around 150,000 units per year in Brazil, a level that holds its own against modern systems such as the PlayStation 4.[67] By 2016, Tectoy had sold 8 million units of Master System branded systems in Brazil.

9455c32864312592efa59e6e59391d41.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom