Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which CRPG has the most stupid name?

• Total voters

DramaticPopcorn

Dead State takes the cake for me.

mondblut

Arcane
You'd have to ask the developers of the original Neverwinter Nights: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverwinter_Nights_(MMORPG)

I like to think it has something to do with them assuming that their neckbearded players would be playing the game all night.

And play they did. :negative:

Anyway, no game title ever was as pretentiously retarded as Challenge of the Five Realms: Spellbound in the World of Nhagardia. Just spell it aloud.

- Hey cute boy, I like vidyagames too! XDXD What's ur favorite?
- Challenge of the Five Realms: Spellbound in the World of Nhagardia
- ...you'll never get laid, bye.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
My vote goes to Bravely Default: Flying Fairy but only if it's a non-jRPG (which I'm sure it isn't). Dragons of the Rip sounds kind of cool and conjures up images of dragons puffing out great balls of fire...but from the other end. C'mon, that's cool not stupid!

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
why isn't Witcher in the list
it's a good name you retard

No, it isn't. It makes me think of a dude who makes or fucks witches. In fact, from what I've heard the PC fucks ordinary peasant sluts and slay dragons monsters. Terrible name.

Also, it's not a true cRPG, but an action game with RPG elements, something like Zelda, thus the fun nickname Twitcher.

hivemind

why isn't Witcher in the list
it's a good name you retard

No, it isn't. It makes me think of a dude who makes or fucks witches. In fact, from what I've heard the PC fucks ordinary peasant sluts and slay dragons monsters. Terrible name.
It's a name that intrigues you(unless you are a retard) by making you ask yourself what is even a witcher.
It's short, snappy, descriptive and to the point because The Witcher is exactly what you are in the game.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Doesn't intrigue me at all. I already explained what a witcher is: someone who makes or fucks witches. But when I look at the game, he's some kind of smash monster guy. I want to play it some day for the boobies.

Names that intrigue me: Pillars of Eternity, Torment: Tides of Numanera, Fate: Gates of Destiny, Temple of Elemental Evil

Only a retard would care to ask themselves "What is even a witcher", on it's own it'd just make you think of covens or witches or spellcraft. it's not intriguing in any way and it doesn't paint a picture of what the game is like.
In that regards it's an average RPG name. Better than something like Divinity: Original Sin, but not really good to anyone but the biggest idiots.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Better than something like Divinity: Original Sin, but not really good to anyone but the biggest idiots.

Agree. I voted for Divinity: Original Sin, which is the worst name in the list. Divine Divinity is also almost as bad, but could at least make sense in the game. D:OS has nothing to do with Genesis 3, which is why it's so retarded. I should know:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_sin

The concept of original sin was first alluded to in the 2nd century by Irenaeus, Bishop of Lyons in his controversy with certain dualist Gnostics.

Irenaeus contrasted their doctrine with the view that the Fall was a step in the wrong direction by Adam, with whom, Irenaeus believed, his descendants had some solidarity or identity.[16] Irenaeus believed that Adam's sin had grave consequences for humanity, that it is the source of human sinfulness, mortality and enslavement to sin, and that all human beings participate in his sin and share his guilt.[17]

*Not counting the Elex, which just appeared and is obviously retarded, and jRPG games which are non-existent in my observable universe.

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Divine Divinity. But that's exactly the kind of humour you encounter in the game, fits perfectly and I wouldn't change it. Ever.
It's a silly title nonetheless

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Man, I think we've all forgotten about this gem:
Skilltree Saga

I can't wait for DPS Destinies.

9c3Lf.jpg

Neanderthal

Arcane
Fucking hell that's disturbing.

I'd vote for Witcher, might work in Polish but wouldn't the English translation be Warlock? That seems a far more apt title than a nonexistent word, well to me at least, and Warlock was a pretty good bad movie. The old cowboy even better than the horror.

pippin

There is a loom in Loom, though.
I would post the Space Quest 4 easter egg but the screenshots are tiny...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom