Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which Pathfinder AP should OwlCat adapt next? In your opinion?

In your opinion, which one should be the next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The list, of all PF1E APs, not inlcuding WoTR and Kingmaker cuz OwlCat already adaptated both.
My opinion? Rise of the Runelords, explore the ruins of a ancient magocracy. Second Darkness, focus on "underdark". Serpent's Skull is "seeking Eldorado" . Jade Regent, high fantasy ancient China. Skull & Shackles, high fantasy pirates with firearms and you can own a island. Reign of Winter is about curse of the winter expanding. Mummy's Mask is high fantasy ancient Egypt. Iron Gods is high tech, high magic ancient tech artifact exploration. Giantslayer is about a warmonger cloud giant with a artifact. So many cool unique ideas. Legacy of Fire with Cris Avellone writing has potential to be a modern planescape torment. Is is mostly mid level planar travel adventure, where you can visit even the City of Embers.

Among this APs, thematically I would prefer the Reign of Winter. But the book 5 "Rasputin Must Die!" would probably cause a massive butthurt. But would be interesting to see magical creatures, magic weapons and spells vs WW1 era firearms. Imagine using a Mosin Nagant in a Pathfinder game... Rise of the runelords is the very first AP and is very interesting for me. Skull & Shakles can be interesting if OwlCat makes naval combat and island building interesting IE - Not dissociated from the gameplay like PoE2 did with ship combat. If you could control the ship using PF rules, cast spells to target enemy ship, raise a ice wall to protect your ship from cannon fire and so on.

Anonona

Learned
Without knowing anything of the AP themselves, I'll say Rise of the Runelords sounds interesting. Exploring ancient ruins is always a good time. Hard to choose though, others seemed quite fun too.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Starfinder you faggot.

Starfinder lacks full casters. Only half spontaneous casters. And people say that even at high levels, a technomancer uses more his weapons than his spells...I'm fine with a lv 1 caster casting a spell and resorting to a crossbow, but not a lv 20.

Whichever one they absolutely cannot squeeze in a management minigame.

Since they love management minigame, my guess is that skull & shakles will be the next, with a island building and a naval combat minigame.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Iron Gods could potentially be Fallout in Pathfinder setting, so it has my vote, also would love to see how Owlcat implement the gunslinger class and other sci-fi elements of Iron Gods

kinzadza

Scholar
Strange aeons is lovecraftian horror with some insanity mechanics. Would fit well into a crpg system. And it has Ctulhu.

Hell's rebels is in Cheliax which is the devil country, I also believe it's more like an "evil" camapign.

Ruchy

Scholar
Starfinder you faggot.

Starfinder lacks full casters. Only half spontaneous casters. And people say that even at high levels, a technomancer uses more his weapons than his spells...I'm fine with a lv 1 caster casting a spell and resorting to a crossbow, but not a lv 20.

Sounds like the campaigns that one faggot here runs, Can't remember his name.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Don't worry, "based slav devs" will make certain to shove in trannies and faggots that weren't even in the original.

As longs I can mess hard with then, I'm fine. In PF:WoTR, I turned the queen

into a undead bitch slave

And honestly, I liked WoTR but would prefer any other AP...

Iron Gods could potentially be Fallout in Pathfinder setting, so it has my vote, also would love to see how Owlcat implement the gunslinger class and other sci-fi elements of Iron Gods

And technomancer prestige class

Lurker47

Savant
The list, of all PF1E APs, not inlcuding WoTR and Kingmaker cuz OwlCat already adaptated both.
My opinion? Rise of the Runelords, explore the ruins of a ancient magocracy. Second Darkness, focus on "underdark". Serpent's Skull is "seeking Eldorado" . Jade Regent, high fantasy ancient China. Skull & Shackles, high fantasy pirates with firearms and you can own a island. Reign of Winter is about curse of the winter expanding. Mummy's Mask is high fantasy ancient Egypt. Iron Gods is high tech, high magic ancient tech artifact exploration. Giantslayer is about a warmonger cloud giant with a artifact. So many cool unique ideas. Legacy of Fire with Cris Avellone writing has potential to be a modern planescape torment. Is is mostly mid level planar travel adventure, where you can visit even the City of Embers.

Among this APs, thematically I would prefer the Reign of Winter. But the book 5 "Rasputin Must Die!" would probably cause a massive butthurt. But would be interesting to see magical creatures, magic weapons and spells vs WW1 era firearms. Imagine using a Mosin Nagant in a Pathfinder game... Rise of the runelords is the very first AP and is very interesting for me. Skull & Shakles can be interesting if OwlCat makes naval combat and island building interesting IE - Not dissociated from the gameplay like PoE2 did with ship combat. If you could control the ship using PF rules, cast spells to target enemy ship, raise a ice wall to protect your ship from cannon fire and so on.
Give me funny mummies or give me death.

Wunderbar

Arcane
https://www.reddit.com/r/OwlcatGames/comments/pf9ff0/ask_me_anything_session_with_owlcat_games/

Q5iCkNI.png

Barbarians + postapoc wastelands + spaceships and blasters.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Whatever that doesn't come with:
  • Mythic / Epic levels
  • A shitty minigame like crusades or kingdom management
  • A sci-fi setting filled with spaceships and robots
I'm boring and easy when it comes to my RPG preferences.

Faarbaute

Arbiter
I liked Kingmaker the best when you were dealing with the Staglord, Tartuccio and the Troll Troubles.

Whichever AP that most resemble those chapters has my vote.

Mortmal

Arcane
Reign of winter for the massive butthurt, clearly .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom