Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Which will fail the hardest?

Which will turn out the worst?

• Baldur's Gate III

Votes: 25 8.2%
  • Kingmaker 2

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Avowed

Votes: 60 19.7%
  • Bloodlines 2

Votes: 179 58.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 31 10.2%

• Total voters

overly excitable young man

Maybe you just don't like proper rpgs anymore. Nothing to be ashamed about.

Baldurs Gate 3 will have some fancy features which will make balancing encounters a nightmare. The story will be cookie cutter fantasy drivel, writing will be mediocre with infantile humour.

Pathfinder 2 will be praised on codex for its gameplay which will be a simpler version of #1. Noone will care about the story or characters, just like in #1.

Avowed will have the same fate as Alpha Protocol. It will be released with an incredible amount of bugs and will fail to change Obsidian's direction to AAA action games development. Josh Sawyer will make sure that the setting is kept as boring as possible. Incidentallly, I like Sawyer's videos on Youtube, he makes some good points regarding RPG settings, so it is unfortunate and surprising that the Pillars setting is so bland and forgettable. My theory is that atheists cannot write a good story about gods, they just don't get how religion works.

Bloodlines 2 will be careful paint-by-numbers experience that will fail to capture any of the things that made the original so remarkable. There will be some SJW scandal related to this game, most probably some people will hate hamfisted LGBT/BLM agenda enough to cause shitstorm on twitter. You know the drill.

All of these games will be 80+ on Metacritic, and BG3 will be 95+.

I will finish BG3 for the name, will try and fail to complete Pathfinder, will like the first 2 hours of Avowed, and will skip Bloodlines because Paradox is dead to me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom