Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Who here likes video games vs who uses it as an ego lever?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I kind of feel bad for the ego lever people. They are most concerned with bullshit. I recall Mario vs Sonic forum boards from when the Internet was young and innocent. The rest of us are having fun playing video games. I am not so mean, though. Mostly they are teenager/college people, so of course they're dumb. They need to feel important, but they choose retarded subjects to try this about. Those who aren't idiots will get smarter as they grow older.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I used to like computer games (back before they were called video game), but now I am not so sure any more. I play them more because I remember them being fun, rather than having fun while playing now. Mostly, when I finish a game, I just feel relief that I can strike it off the list. Maybe I have become too jaded.

But then again, I loved Primordia when I played it last year and had lots of fun with it (and also on a recent second playthrough), so maybe I have just been playing wrong games recently (short, mostly casual shit, due to lack of time) and should stop slogging through my colelction and play some actually good games instead.

TripJack

Hedonist
'lol i like all video games every1 else is dum'

:1/5: needs more warhamma

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Those who aren't idiots will get smarter as they grow older.
So, you mean you haven't grown older and want psychological counseling here?

I'm amazed anyone understood even one word of the OP. It's a bit embarrassing when a 4 line paragraph needs a TL.DR in order to be legible. And this dude claims he's been forum'ing since "before you were born" - and he still hasn't learnt how to communicate properly! I dunno what's worse, a dickhead trolling a random forum for lolz or a dedicated forum user who fails to communicate and shows no ability or desire to improve their communication skillz. Both character types appear equally bad to mine eyez...

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
In case you didn't know, the first case of ''codex has declined'' campaign started after KC became a regular poster and started to spam his inane shit everywhere. And that was still considered okay, when comparing to Anhaira's crapfest. :perspective:

Obligatory 40k.

40komrade1.jpg

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Neither, video games are toys for children and if you like them you need to grow the fuck up.
Why bother to post or join at all, retard? What's your motivation for this bit of redditor nonsense? What group are you trying to feel superior to, because this doesn't accomplish it over much of anyone
I used to like computer games (back before they were called video game), but now I am not so sure any more. I play them more because I remember them being fun, rather than having fun while playing now. Mostly, when I finish a game, I just feel relief that I can strike it off the list. Maybe I have become too jaded.

But then again, I loved Primordia when I played it last year and had lots of fun with it (and also on a recent second playthrough), so maybe I have just been playing wrong games recently (short, mostly casual shit, due to lack of time) and should stop slogging through my colelction and play some actually good games instead.
Gosh, an honest opinion. I have had similar thoughts recently, most just due to not having the time to sink into games that I used to. I still find when I actually do get into one of the really good games I feel a lot of joy that people created such a thing. I'm not looking to be blasted away, I want to see what the creator's wanted to show and if their ideas were great it doesn't matter so much about execution. Codexers will shit themselves silly defending that games are art, but they're mostly little kids who don't know what the point of that is, they just see it as a prestige point. I guess I have a biased perspective since I work in software and I've become very aware of just how fucking many people working together to a common goal something like a AAA video game, to the point where I can even look at the Call of Duty games and have a bit of respect, even if I don't like the game mechanics myself.
'lol i like all video games every1 else is dum'

:1/5: needs more warhamma
Every time I see you post you seem like a moron. Your goal seems to be le epick troll, but you're not even good at that, everything you post is just nothing. Why even bother if you're going to do such a lazy job? Even if you're going to be an idiot it would matter more if...well. I'm sure there's some way it would matter

TripJack

Hedonist
Every time I see you post you seem like a moron. Your goal seems to be le epick troll, but you're not even good at that, everything you post is just nothing. Why even bother if you're going to do such a lazy job? Even if you're going to be an idiot it would matter more if...well. I'm sure there's some way it would matter
pm1xWZI.jpg

out of the 2 of us which one has made a thread ranting about imaginary dumb idiot retarded ego lever people? find the answer and you shall fine the true moran

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Out of the two of us who is a shit eating retard who matters to nothing and is just trying to be an edgy retard? Derp, I win. Hey post a 40k picture, that will convince the stupidest people that you're not worthless. Kingcomrade posted 40k a couple times derp derp oh derp derp I get it HERP DETP I GET IT
I notice you didn't address my earlier criticism, you just tried to be a special snowflake super special outside of all criticism, I wonder why. The thing about people like you is how bland you are. There's never anything new or special. It's the same stupid flavor of bullshit over and over and over.
You're a moron, but you know you are definitely special and smart. Unlike everyone else in this universe. Fucking lel.
There's never anything smart. Little people like you depress me, because it just proves how nothing ever changes, it's just a cycle of stupidity, and every single derptard thinks they're not morons, they're actually super smart and edgy. well I can't fix it. I certainly can't fix someone as stupid as you are, you haven't even got a clue, I'm not a god. You don't even know what smart or stupid is, how can I address someone like that edit- the better question is what is the value in even trying

Last edited:

TripJack

Hedonist
Out of the two of us who is a shit eating retard who matters to nothing and is just trying to be an edgy retard?
both

I notice you didn't address my earlier criticism, you just tried to be a special snowflake super special outside of all criticism, I wonder why.
my posts are lazy, can't deny that

my posts are nothing, if i did deny this could i convince you otherwise?

what should i have addressed again?

You're a moron, but you know you are definitely special and smart. Unlike everyone else in this universe. Fucking lel. There's never anything smart. Little people like you depress me, because it just proves how nothing ever changes, it's just a cycle of stupidity, and every single thinks they're not morons, they're actually super smart and edgy.
i don't know think or believe any of those things

if i thought i was special or superior i would be the one ranting about the dumb idiot retard ego lever little people, no?

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
shut up KC every single thread you make derails in this whining.

Just stop posting again, don't even know why you dedicate time into making these threads.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom