Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why Did Corporate Jew Master Leave

Wyrmlord

Arcane
And in that you saw the cucks mixed with common betafags, they will combine with one another in the seed of men; but they will not adhere to one another, even as iron does not combine with pottery. In the days of those kings, the God of Testosterone will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and that kingdom will not be left for another people; it will crush and put an end to all these cucks and betafags, but it will itself endure forever.

One such as a human being, coming with the clouds of heaven, shall descend. To him shall be given dominion and glory and kingship, that all peoples, nations, and languages shall serve him, as he pronounces his eternal message, "Inject T."

Archibald

Arcane
Few months ago I remember having thoughts that he is going to off himself at some point after reading some of his posts in politics forum (haven't really read anything of his outside of that forum), but then brushed it asides thinking that he is just larping like most of the people there. Well clearly, he wasn't.

Anyway it feels weird, on one hand I understand that realistically speaking I couldn't really have done anything to change his plans. On the other hand dude killed himself and I just thought that he was larping.

Kahr

Why do the turks always win?
When i grow up i want to become a God of Testosterone.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Anyway it feels weird, on one hand I understand that realistically speaking I couldn't really have done anything to change his plans. On the other hand dude killed himself and I just thought that he was larping.

Tbh, I always considered it an ultimate private matter of an individual wether they decide to self eject from this life. It's not something that you do light heartedly, unless you are very young and naive. There seem to be 2 different kinds of people, those who want to get a reaction by a suicide attempt or threat, and those who are just going to commit suicide. That means that if someone is very young, he most likely belongs into group 1, and you can (or rather, must) talk him out of it. But from a certain age on, and especially with men who seem to know exactly what they are doing (almost 0% failure rate as they usually jump before trains, hang or shoot themself) there is very little someone else can do.

And regarding Scrooge tbh this is an area where it becomes a little bit unfunny. It is not her responsibility if someone here makes such a decision for himself. And even if what she said was pretty pointless, it would not have make matters worse.

Lets hope this is all a misunderstanding, and CJM comes back alive. Though we already know a student Michail died, so some completely stranger on the internet lost his life one way or the other. So I dont know what I should hope for except that you all take care of yourself.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Update: Suicide Confirmed

14341.png

Mustawd

Dude....wtf. Makes me feel worse now just knowing it's 100% confirmed suicide.

CJM goddamn it. You were just a fucking kid...

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I honestly fear he might do something to himself after talking to him. Dunno. :/

Me: heya, is you leaving the codex and going back to greece alone an aprils fools or is it true?!
Magic Tekbir: no its true
Me: woah
Me: I hope ur ok and all. if you really do it I wish you all the best, be safe and all
Magic Tekbir: yea goodbye
Me: :(
Magic Tekbir: wait how do you know
Me: there's a thread on the 'dex
Magic Tekbir: oh yea orma linked me
Me: yah
Magic Tekbir: why do they care anyway
Me: bc you were one of the more recognizable and better posters
Me: so uh... don't do anything stupid and don't let "I'm going back to greece alone" be a metaphor for "I'll jump off a cliff" or smth please ;)
Magic Tekbir: woman we just traded videogames
Me: yeah but you seem like a decent person and also I don't want anyone to off themselves bc it's sad
Me: no worries I won't go into LIFE IS WORTH LIVING BLAH BLAH mode I just hope ur fine and all and wish you the best :)
Why are you assuming he's going to commit suicide? It's kind of insulting to message a guy and do the pity routine like that. Just leave him be. Let him live his life.
This aged well.

Grimlorn

Arcane
It was a legitimate question at the time. I had no idea why people were assuming he would commit suicide. And having a woman who barely knows you message you like that wouldn't have helped at all.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
May he find happiness he could not find here in the afterlife.

What makes me sad is the fact that he chooses to close his account before doing it. Perhaps it was a sign of resolution, that removing himself from Codex would improve his condition. Or perhaps it is his way of tying up loose end to the community he been part of. And we would never know.

And hey, if you guys feel alone and when life fucking hits you hard, when you don't see anybody IRL helping you, drop a message here in the Codex, be it to me or to the other members you have inclination to like. How one chooses to end one's life is entirely within one's choice, but I would like to think that people here will try to help you out.

Burning Bridges

And hey, if you guys feel alone and when life fucking hits you hard, when you don't see anybody IRL helping you, drop a message here in the Codex, be it to me or to the other members you have inclination to like. How one chooses to end one's life is entirely within one's choice, but I would like to think that people here will try to help you out.

I think you could help Irenaeus. From the fact that he is apparently now paying 3rd world people to leave ratings for him, he seems to be very close to the edge too.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
It was a legitimate question at the time. I had no idea why people were assuming he would commit suicide. And having a woman who barely knows you message you like that wouldn't have helped at all.
No, no, I totally see from where you are coming.

Honestly, Codexers talk so much bullshit (me included) that it becomes a situation of "boy who cried wolf".

The problem is that now, all the Codexers who make death threats and threats of violence over petty things no longer seem boneless or harmless.

Burning Bridges

And seriously.

One of my best friends committed suicide. And I can tell you that in most cases it's something that has to do with illness, real physical illness, and there is nothing other people can do about it. First he could no longer move his leg, but did not go to the doctor, until he was walking on crutches and it took 45 minutes to walk down the stairs to a store in the same street. Then he started seeing badly and at some point sometimes lost control of his sphincter. I don't know to this day what he got, he became so morose and owed me a lot of money, that we broke off contact about 1 year before his departure. But one of the last things he told me on the phone was that he was in a wheelchair and I could also deduce that the was almost blind. I later learned that he jumped from a window a few days before his 30th birthday.

I don't think anything me, his mother or some other friend could have done. I only remember that a few years later I saw his grandparents house was bulldozed. That to me was harder than anything. I assume they died, without a grandchild and that was the end. His grandfather had still paid some of his bills and at some point said that my friend would inherit the house.

thesoup

Arcane
May he find happiness he could not find here in the afterlife.

What makes me sad is the fact that he chooses to close his account before doing it. Perhaps it was a sign of resolution, that removing himself from Codex would improve his condition. Or perhaps it is his way of tying up loose end to the community he been part of. And we would never know.

He nuked his entire online presence the best he could. All social media, removed all friends from steam, etc. His posts are thankfully still here, but he deleted all his puush pics so we don't even have pics of him anymore, unless someone saved. I honestly though this was just him getting away from everything and not flat out suicide. I mean he told me he was gonna figure stuff out and distance himself from the internet for a while and i believed it.

Would be nice if the administration could unlock his profile for visitors so we can habe a virtual tombstone kind of like with suicide bunny

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom