Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why did Generic-Giant-Spider get nuked from orbit?

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
What I am saying is that just because speech is used to do something, that doesn't mean that something is speech.

That is the same as what you are saying when you refer to harassment though. Harassing someone, though it uses speech, is not speech in the same sense as "free speech"; and a speech act is something being done through speech where speech is just a medium for the action.

I don't really get your differentiation here beyond perhaps negative connotations with the specific philosophical framings, honestly.

ElectricOtter

Dunno who the fuck this is. Not a fan of banning people over something they say, but if you keep saying the same specific thing over and over and a staff member warns you to stop saying that specific thing over and over then maybe say it a bit less. If you can't come up with something new to insult some bitch faggot every once in a while then maybe you're too low IQ for this site.
GGS is the particular kind of bored loser that, after being told to knock something off, goes out of his way to post it as much as possible. Last time he got banned was after he engaged in "editing wars" with staff, continually reposting someone else' photo all over the place, and putting it back in every time infinitron or whoever else removed it.

Basically baited a ban in both instances.

except if u look at sanchezs last post/activity and crispys pm in terms of timezones u would see sanchez didnt do anything else after :3

warned then nuked anyways cuz ur huehue coke dealer is a clinically depressed neet that cant handle a nigga frum da h00d xd

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
That said I fail to see why he's banning him and not the likes of Meb and Theo. No doubt they spam the report button.
It has been made publicly known that Theodora does ask for our attention fairly frequently. It is what it is, but I've also made it clear to Theodora that favorites are not going to be played despite the fact that many of you will fervently insist they are being played. Yes, Theodora was technically made a moderator of Shoutbox but I'm p. sure you know as well as I do the primary reasoning behind that.

Mebrilia doesn't report content any more frequently than anyone else here does, as far as I know.

lmao "just ignore the coincidences stupid goyim, stop noticing things!"

classic

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
except if u look at sanchezs last post/activity and crispys pm in terms of timezones u would see sanchez didnt do anything else after :3

warned then nuked anyways cuz ur huehue coke dealer is a clinically depressed neet that cant handle a nigga frum da h00d xd

don't know about any PMs, just know DU removed him from shoutbox and he immediatey took the same shit to the forum

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What I am saying is that just because speech is used to do something, that doesn't mean that something is speech.

That is the same as what you are saying when you refer to harassment though. Harassing someone, though it uses speech, is not speech in the same sense as "free speech"; and a speech act is something being done through speech where speech is just a medium for the action.

I don't really get your differentiation here beyond perhaps negative connotations with the specific philosophical framings, honestly.

I didn't really look at it that thoroughly, but it seemed to me that it was trying to tie the act to the speech. As if the speech was imbued with the act. I am arguing the opposite, that the speech and the act are separate.

Almost all speech has some purpose behind it unless it is just babbling or something like that, but I don't think that makes the speech itself the same as whatever that purpose is. The same exact wording or a substantively similar wording could be used for an entirely different purpose.

If you tie the speech to the act, as seems to be the purpose here, that opens the door to trying to regulate certain phrases of speech or ideas based on the idea that speaking them should be understood as performing those acts.

Last edited:

ElectricOtter

don't know about any PMs, just know DU removed him from shoutbox and he immediatey took the same shit to the forum

everytime u get proven to look retarded u suddenly go "dunno anything bout dat" xd

u dont even know whats being communicated to u right now cuz ur that stoopid

crispy posted a pm a couple pages back showing how he warned sanchez to stop half hour after sanchezs last forum post and sanchez did nothing until he was banned yet again

so ur above post i quoted on how "ggs was unreasonable and kept on doing it despite warning" is false cuz he didnt do anything after :3

even from beyond the codex u somehow still take losses to sanchez lmao xd

CHEMS

Scholar
It’s an off-color remark. It was highly inappropriate. You want, I’ll demand he’s taxed. But ban him?

mqdefault.jpg

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
crispy posted a pm a couple pages back showing how he warned sanchez to stop half hour after sanchezs last forum post and sanchez did nothing until he was banned yet again

so ur above post i quoted on how "ggs was unreasonable and kept on doing it despite warning" is false cuz he didnt do anything after :3

even from beyond the codex u somehow still take losses to sanchez lmao xd
no, you fool, my point is it wasn't crispy who banned him, DU did so it's irrelevant what crispy said.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Almost all speech has some purpose behind it unless it is just babbling or something like that, but I don't that makes the speech itself the same as whatever that purpose is. The same exact wording or a substantively similar wording could be used for an entirely different purpose.
Come now, surely on codex of all places we can acknowledge that much of it is ultimately just pointless babbling. :P

But no,
If you tie the speech to the act, as seems to be the purpose here, that opens the door to trying to regulate certain phrases of speech or ideas based on the idea that speaking them should be understood as doing those acts.

It's not about tying phrases to certain actions so much as certain intentions and behaviours through speech to their purpose -- which can benign, like asking a sincere question, or malicious, intending to cause someone harm (which certainly can never be summarised or linked to a single world, phrase, or idea).

ElectricOtter

no, you fool, my point is it wasn't crispy who banned him, DU did so it's irrelevant what crispy said.

i know u spent the better part of ur 20s pushing things into ur left nostril for fun but keep up with me here ok?

u said "sanchez was warned to knock it off but he kept doing it"

i showed u that he didnt do anything after said warning making ur whole statement there dumb

4chan rly not sending the best here :/

Atlet

Arcane
Vatnik
EO is lying about everything here (as always creating fan fics, which everyone knows he does), but it should be mentioned that GGS, after being banned from the shoutbox by DU himself, continued posting the same thing in a couple of threads, and because of it was sanctioned by DU again. Not that he deserves any explanation though, but just to makes things clear.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
u said "sanchez was warned to knock it off but he kept doing it"

i showed u that he didnt do anything after said warning making ur whole statement there dumb
you're the one struggling with reading here

the staff aren't a hive mind, DU and crispy did not act in coherence. DU "warned" him by banning him permanently from shoutbox, and yet he kept doing it. crispy's own independent warning is irrelevant because DU made his own decision based on him totally disregarding a very blatant and direct way of saying "knock it off".

edit: beat me to it.

ElectricOtter

the staff aren't a hive mind, DU and crispy did not act in coherence. DU "warned" him by banning him permanently from shoutbox, and yet he kept doing it. crispy's own independent warning is irrelevant because DU made his own decision based on him totally disregarding a very blatant and direct way of saying "knock it off".

banning isnt a warning u dumbass junkie banning is the consequence :/

du never spoke a word to sanchez in shoutbox or through pm about faglets dead brother being sacred :3

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Since bans here aren't always permanent (actually, they're rather rare), I'd say they're quite the stern warning.

Someone like Kalin, for example, got warned by being banned, but then the dumbass went and got his alt banned anyway.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member

banning isnt a warning u dumbass junkie banning is the consequence :/

du never spoke a word to sanchez in shoutbox or through pm about faglets dead brother being sacred :3
You sure do know a lot about what was and wasn't said to GGS.

Sadly, that means there's only one conclusion - which means appropriate action must be taken.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom