Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Why do YOU hate Baldur's Gate 3?

Why do YOU hate Baldur's Gate 3

• It looks like a D:OS 2 mod

Votes: 234 63.2%
  • It bears no resemblance to the original series

Votes: 201 54.3%
  • TB combat (fags vote here)

Votes: 50 13.5%
  • Dumb dialogue

Votes: 176 47.6%
  • Ugly waifus

Votes: 106 28.6%
  • Corridor maps

Votes: 92 24.9%
  • Ugly aesthetic

Votes: 135 36.5%
  • I hate belgians

Votes: 91 24.6%
  • other (please specify)

Votes: 50 13.5%

• Total voters

catfood

AGAIN
We all hate Baldur's Gate 3, however some of us have valid reasons to do so.

Example of a valid reason: the dumb past tense dialogue

Example of a retarded reason: because it's not RTWP

Personally I think it's going to be better than the Original Sin games if only due to it no longer using Larian's broken system, however the fact that it looks like a D:OS 2 mod and the dumb past tense dialogue kinda kill it for me. While we're lucky that we don't have another Fallout 3 on our hands I'm not thrilled about D:OS 2.5 either.

Falksi

Arcane
  1. *
    It looks like a D:OS 2 mod
  2. *
    It bears no resemblance to the original series
  3. *
    other (please specify) - The live presentation was flat out boring with the game's pacing looking awful. A big chunk of it was spent playing 1 battle, and sorting 1 trap.

Last edited:

Cross

Arcane
I don't hate it (yet), but thematically, tonally and aesthetically it doesn't feel like D&D. Which is a bigger issue than it not resembling Baldur's Gate, since it was quite obvious it was going to be a brand-new D&D game that merely used the Baldur's Gate name for brand recognition.

Though I will say that after months of interviews about how they were planning to modify (read: butcher) the D&D ruleset I was expecting a lot worse gameplay-wise.

flushfire

Augur
I don't care if it's TB or RTWP. I don't even care that it looks like D:OS3. But my god the dialogue is HIV and cancer combined! :what:

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't. It looks nothing like Baldur's Gate though, if they didn't call it BG3 you wouldn't be able to tell it's supposed to be BG3 from what they've shown so far, probably not a good sign for anyone who wanted another BG game.

Harthwain

Magister
We all hate Baldur's Gate 3, however some of us have valid reasons to do so.
I don't hate it at the moment.

My biggest objection is that it looks - and feels - like another DO:S game, when it's supposed to be DnD-inspired title and BG3 and I am not the fan of how player's dialogue is being handled.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Other: I don't hate it. I'm a responsible and intelligent adult who doesn't hate a videogame just because it doesn't look the way I like. I know that the game can still turn out great.

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have no idea how Larian managed to get more retarded writing in every single, subsequent game they release. Divine Divinity was silly, it wasn't really meant to be taken seriously and there were some moments where the game actually achieved atmosphere. The quarantined, coronavirus town that you could go into, for example. I can't play Original Sin because I just cringe at the dialogue too much, I have another try scheduled asking a mate of mine which of the newer games resembles Divine Divinity mostly, with his answer being OS2. Another thing is the absolutely garbage art direction that is especially apparent in OS 1 and 2. I mean, Divine Divinity was gorgeous, there were some things that were cliche but nothing was downright retarded.
Again, how do you go from this:

psDJcGn.jpg

e2JsHnY.jpg

to THIS

RX4vA3P.png

I might be a boomer who thinks that the old isometric games look better anyway, but the artstyle is absolutely inferior in the later games and I have no idea who looked at these orcs and said: "yeah, that looks good"; especially considering that they had perfectly viable designs from Divine Divinity that could have been updated to suit the newer games. I predict that the cringefest of artstyle and dialogue retardation will be a prime feature of Baldur's Gate 3 as well. With the horrendous writing being the main reason I can't get into these games personally.

Frozen

Arcane
Mostly for ugly aesthetic. It looks like Dragon Age Inquisition lvl of cheap.

Also juvenile cartoonish kids friendly feel should remain in the past. If i wanted that generic newfag retro crap i would play Pathfinder.

Also all modern RPGs should turn to REAL TIME not with pause or turned based, that should went to dumpster of history.

But i get Sven, he is phoning it in at this point. Taking money from Incel retards that want to replay same game 20y later in same basement. Sad!

Shadenuat

Arcane
they confirmed maximum of 4. there's some followers or temporary npcs or something but your base party is 4 max.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom