Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why don't most RPGs understand that people lie?

Endemic

Arcane
You can do that if you make a shorter game like AOD, yes. New Vegas has its own problems that have been discussed ad infinitum here, like the NCR path being far more developed than the others.

deadmeme

Learned
Never liked stories in RPG-s seem very shallow compared to books, only reason I play them is the dungeons. So I don't play Fallout, Arckanum, BG because they have terrible simple sloppy dungeons and combat. I like dungeon crawlers without any pretense of story.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Never liked stories in RPG-s seem very shallow compared to books, only reason I play them is the dungeons. So I don't play Fallout, Arckanum, BG because they have terrible simple sloppy dungeons and combat. I like dungeon crawlers without any pretense of story.

The ideal RPG "story" is different from a movie or novel, and offers things you cannot get from those. Creating your character's personality, shaping the world through decisions, interacting with a well designed world rather than just watching it play out.

deadmeme

Learned

The ideal RPG "story" is different from a movie or novel, and offers things you cannot get from those. Creating your character's personality, shaping the world through decisions, interacting with a well designed world rather than just watching it play out.

Just give me a sword, and point me to the dungeon!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom