Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why I like RPG Codex.

Spazmo

Erudite
Bullshit, Sabotai. BioWare have proven themselves to be unable to design a good RPG. I already threw away a lot of money on NWN, and I am most certainly not going to piss away some more cash just to see if they've gotten any better.

Sabotai

Liturgist
Spazmo said:
Bullshit, Sabotai. BioWare have proven themselves to be unable to design a good RPG.
True, especially the evil part.
I already threw away a lot of money on NWN, and I am most certainly not going to piss away some more cash just to see if they've gotten any better.
But in order to criticise SoU into the ground it would be nice to have played the game and experienced the wacky design and other screwed up parts.

One positive aspect of NWN was the endless fun it gave me discussing the horrible OC.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I like RPGCodex as I like discussing role-playing games; and it doesn't bother me if others have differening opinions than me.

I get that here; so I'm all for it.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
rpgbanner.gif

Everyone loves RPG Codex.

Araanor

Liturgist
Oh my... you sure you don't want to use that in your signature, Saint? :D

I wuv this place.

Anonymous

I like RPGCodex because of the cowboy nights and the fact it tastes wonderful with gravy and crackers.

But really, I enjoy this site mainly because THE PEOPLE ARNT FUCKING IDIOTS WHEN IT COMES TO RPGs, a rare commodity. I once tried talking the RPG talk with Morrowind fans, goddamn. All this 'Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy are the best RPGs' and 'Morrowind is the most stunning and revolutionary RPG ever' and blaaah. I wanna talk about REAL RPGs, the stuff that kicks some ass (One of those Morrowind bastards made fun of my avatar, too, an anime fruitcake, my avatar was The Master from Fallout 1, damn them!). Also, yes, the criticising of games, that's a favorite of mine considering I like to have opinions on what is shit and what isnt, with lots of intelligence and truth, not just "This sucks" but, "This sucks because the single player seems to be constructed by people having a magnet poetry party." and then proof why and so on. In other words, this site rocks. Also, the way I was drawn here, is a friend of mind told me about it (he frequents chats, usually, but not lately) and told me about the #Fallout room and SP's site, I go to the #Fallout room time to time, but flee when nobody is talking.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I could never understand why. I know a forum where the rules are exactly opposite - instead of creating a new thread, you should continue an old one (if possible), even if it is dead for months. I think the latter option is more reasonable.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Than explain TOEE's standing on this site? :twisted:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Sure, because it's not crap. It may represent only one aspect of role-playing but it does it well, almost perfectly. :P

GreenNight

Liturgist
I love RPGCodex because watching so many people trashing other people bad stated thoughts has teached me how to do so.

I was thinking exactly this when thrashing somebody in another forum today. Sunday, the day the lurkers are home and get out of lurkerness.

Sheriff05

Liturgist
Volourn said:
Than explain TOEE's standing on this site? :twisted:

I’ll gladly do it for you, but you should now this by now as it's been clearly spelled out to you 500 fucking times...

People like ToEE for the type of game it is and premise it represents,
And if you don't know what that is by now, most simply it is a return to a single player game with turn based combat. It's also the first game that makes an real effort to follow the actual rules of D&D instead of basing it's mechanic on a *cough* more streamlined version that's "newbie" friendly! Regardless of ToEE's disappointing result its overall goal was what was most important. RPG's have taken a nose dive ever since popular developers decided that every new RPG had to follow the trend of whatever the previous, most commonly held conception, of the GOTY was. ( idiotically, they never took the 'genre' into consideration, so when RTS's hit the market big-time all of a sudden CRPG'S had to be "real-time' when coincidently all of the old RPG's of note, were not.)
Some like to say it's was a result of better technology, many say it's purely bullshit marketing.

Popular criticism of your personal fucking heroes Bioware stems more so from the way they conduct their business practices, than their actual products themselves. Whether you like Bioware games or not really boils done to someone’s PERSONAL taste.
That has nothing to do with opinions formed by many here that are based on DISAGREEMENTS OVER THE DECISIONS THE COMPANY HAS MADE. All of those opinions are based on FACTS not PERSONAL OPINIONS.

Once again this boils down to your total incapability to differentiate between YOUR FUCKING SHITTY OPINION and a FACT.

ToEE has a slew of problems, and yes some like to argue it's not even really a "Role-Playing Game" when compared to “X” (insert your favorite game here)
(Again so many games are called RPGS, that the title "RPG" is totally subjective to some very basic principles) The fact that ToEE even saw the light of day in today’s environment, gives us hope that some people out there are interested in making games that have that certain “quality” which is widely admired by those who like this site.

Now are you capable of actually making an argument based on some facts?
I don’t know about anyone else but I am highly irritated by your shitty little barbs based on your shitty little opinions or your opinion on what an RPG is or isn’t. Most people here post about issues outside of the shallow focus you use to weigh what’s good and what’s bad. Arguing whether one’s opinion is correct only means ANYTHING if you got some factual premise to back it up- YOU NEVER FUCKING DO

So please tell us what was your reason for posting
(other than to be the sterotypical "nah-nah-nah" little asshole)

Volourn said:
Than explain TOEE's standing on this site? :twisted

Volourn said:
Combat = role-playing? Weird

Do you have a point to make?, if so please start a new thread and make a fucking point
And I am not talking about all your well known opinions about " how you think Troika can make a better game, and how you think our Blind defense is hypocritical when we don't like Bioware" I have heard all that shit 50 times from you.
come up with something new.

(Sorry to highjack the thread but someone needs to take this fucker to task, I won't respond unless it's on a new thread)

Visionary

Novice
Me too. For me this place is the epitome of web community - people twisting the words of others, denying they said stuff, pretending they meant something else, using arbitrary websites as facts, choosing to believe whatever strengthens their own argument ... and all the while utterly convinced that it's important that the random strangers in their thread get the fucking point

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Visionary said:
Me too. For me this place is the epitome of web community - people twisting the words of others, denying they said stuff, pretending they meant something else, using arbitrary websites as facts, choosing to believe whatever strengthens their own argument ... and all the while utterly convinced that it's important that the random strangers in their thread get the fucking point

Joke Post of the Month.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Visionary said:

Which people when and where ?

Post links please .

Or is your opinion unsuported ?

Here we like to support our opinions with facts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom