Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why I like RPG Codex.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Visionary said:
Me too. For me this place is the epitome of web community - people twisting the words of others, denying they said stuff, pretending they meant something else, using arbitrary websites as facts, choosing to believe whatever strengthens their own argument ... and all the while utterly convinced that it's important that the random strangers in their thread get the fucking point
If what you say is true although I disagree, what the fuck are you doing here then?

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Actually, Visionary, you totally missed the head of that nail by a longshot. My reason for loving the Codex is the fact that these people post maturely (for the most part :P) and also the fact that a simple thread with a simple beginning can suddenly turn into WWIII. :lol: Case in point, this thread.

I may not be the most knowledgeable gamer out there, but I know what I like in my games and I know how to argue my case with proof and validation. Errrr... wait.... that was redundant really. Oh well, fuck it. :P

My point is, the people here aren't whiney snively nosed thirteen year olds living in their mom's basement (well, most of them anyways :lol:) and they know how to back their shit up with fact. And they aren't afraid to do it, either. I never touched forums unless it was for playtesting purposes. Never really liked them. Until I found this place. I like it here. This is home.

Petey_the_Skid

Liturgist
I like rpg codex because it takes a look at the second most important thing in my life: Single Player Computer Roleplaying Games, backing it up with interviews, independent games, reviews(only slightly biased, and generally in the way I favor) and other fun articles.

As for the forums, I occasionally lurk around and even post once in a while(shocking I know), or just for amusement value, as everything Visionary says is for the most part true, though he didn't mention that most of you are at least twice as intellingent as the monkeys who post on say, Interplay's forums, or Gamefaq's, or even Duckandcover's (say what you want, that site has gone down the shitter ever since FOBOS was announced), which makes the denials, vindictive thrashings, and completely trivial facts dredged from the mysteries of my favorite games a hella lot more interesting. Also, I like seeing all the wasteland graphic's used as avatar's, maybe it's time to reinstall that game game and give it another whack.

Amerestatistic

Liturgist
The passion about classic RPG ideals...an older crowd than the average gaming forum...there's a couple of reasons to like this place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom