Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Why is there no Play-by-Post subforum?

L'ennui

Magister
RPG codex purports to be an RPG-centric forum. I know it is many other things as well, but at its core that is the original point of the forum.

Why then is there not a section on this forum where Codexers can get together and organise and carry out Play-by-Post games?

Is this something people would be interested in?

If there is such a place on this forum, kindly point it out for me please.

Andhaira

Arcane
RPG codex purports to be an RPG-centric forum. I know it is many other things as well, but at its core that is the original point of the forum.

Why then is there not a section on this forum where Codexers can get together and organise and carry out Play-by-Post games?

http://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/codexian-play-by-post-swords-wizardry-game.96626/

L'ennui

Magister

http://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/codexian-play-by-post-swords-wizardry-game.96626/

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Do you think we would see more PbP games if they had more visibility and structure in a dedicated subforum?

Andhaira

Arcane

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Do you think we would see more PbP games if they had more visibility and structure in a dedicated subforum?

Yes, most likely. Also a dice roller (a proper dice roller) and other functions such as the ability to post as a character (aka change your name for that forum/subforum/game only) as well as change portraitto match character, would help a lot.

The easier method though, is just use www.rpol.net It's fantastic and everything you need for pbp and many things you never thought you needed are there.

Lambach

Arcane
It has always been my dream to run a proper play-by-post VtM game. Alas, despite numerous attempts, the best I could achieve was a game that lasted a grand total of 2 months of fairly irregular posting. I still can't figure out whether "no, you're a pretty good ST, I'm just really busy with IRL stuff" was genuine or was just intended to make me feel better.

nikolokolus

Arcane
As the GM in the aforementioned PbP game there's room for a couple more players.

Carry on.

nikolokolus

Arcane
As the GM in the aforementioned PbP game there's room for a couple more players.

Carry on.

I'll see what Sword and Wizardry looks like, brush up on the rules and the other material in your first post on that thread. It looks pretty OSR, is that a correct first impression?
S&W is pretty much original D&D with all the supplements. So it plays like a looser version of AD&D 1st ed.

L'ennui

Magister

Carry on.

I'll see what Sword and Wizardry looks like, brush up on the rules and the other material in your first post on that thread. It looks pretty OSR, is that a correct first impression?
S&W is pretty much original D&D with all the supplements. So it plays like a looser version of AD&D 1st ed.

Looks like this could be my chance to get a taste of what old school D&D was like, then.

I've still got reading to do, but I'd be interested in joining your game afterwards.

With regards to my original post here, do you think a dedicated PbP subforum would be a good thing to have around here?

nikolokolus

Arcane

Carry on.

Looks like this could be my chance to get a taste of what old school D&D was like, then.

I've still got reading to do, but I'd be interested in joining your game afterwards.

With regards to my original post here, do you think a dedicated PbP subforum would be a good thing to have around here?
I don't know. Perhaps? The Codex Playground has been perfectly adequate for running my game.

Dedicated forums with integrated tools wouldn't be a bad thing, but I just wonder if there'd actually be enough interest?

Anyway, hit me up with a PM if/when you feel like joining. Things are in a place currently where integrating a new character would be pretty easy.

L'ennui

Magister

I don't know. Perhaps? The Codex Playground has been perfectly adequate for running my game.

Dedicated forums with integrated tools wouldn't be a bad thing, but I just wonder if there'd actually be enough interest?

Anyway, hit me up with a PM if/when you feel like joining. Things are in a place currently where integrating a new character would be pretty easy.

Yes, I made this thread to gauge interest in the idea, but given the response I'm not so sure it would be worth the trouble of setting up a new forum.

I'll PM you as soon as I make it through the rulebook.

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
It has always been my dream to run a proper play-by-post VtM game. Alas, despite numerous attempts, the best I could achieve was a game that lasted a grand total of 2 months of fairly irregular posting. I still can't figure out whether "no, you're a pretty good ST, I'm just really busy with IRL stuff" was genuine or was just intended to make me feel better.

I would like to participate in that. Alas PbF is hard to maintain succesfully. I'm running a Roll20 game and keeping all the players in is already a chore. RPG's work best when you can see your players from across a table...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom