Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why not a LP of Neverwinter Night 1

laclongquan

Arcane
I found 4 LPs of NWN2. Yet not one of NWN1. Is it so boring it inspires no one to try?

Not that I volunteer to do one, mind. Just curious.

ElectricOtter

laclongquan said:
I found 4 LPs of NWN2. Yet not one of NWN1. Is it so boring it inspires no one to try?

Not that I volunteer to do one, mind. Just curious.
The only thing more boring that playing NWN is watching someone else play NWN.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Watching paint dry is more fucking enjoyable than playing NWN 1 or even seeing a LP of it.

Though, a whole angle of how fucking bad it is, the terrible quests, and obvious Paladin is going to fall is obvious might be mildly entertaining, if done right.

RK47 could pull this off among others.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
How about you LP Lionheart and I'll do NWN? :smug:

Duckard

Augur
I suspect it's because NWN is a boring game to play. It's also harder to make fun of than something like Dragon Age or Oblivion (because it is so boring).

Someone could probably do it, though.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
What the fuck for? The original campaigns were boring as fuck. Maybe some decent user-made mods, but even then it's not that conductive to LPs.

Multi-headed Cow

LP of A Dance With Rogues, complete with mandatory tasteful rape and romancing your rapist?

ElectricOtter

Multi-headed Cow said:
LP of A Dance With Rogues, complete with mandatory tasteful rape and romancing your rapist?
RK47 needs to do this. Playing as a multiclass gnome barbarian/monk.

catfood

AGAIN
Was thinking one time of doing an LP of the OC using an chatoic retarted gnome necromancer named Volourn but then I sobered up.

Eh, wasn't as ITZ-bad as is popular around here to believe. Just horribly drawn out with filler and its poor narration spread too thin. I still rage far more when I see an NWN2 engine screenshot.
But yeah, NWN1OC would get terribly boring to LP, even with meta-larping, hilarities and all that fare.

Although, I know I'd enjoy seeing what RK47 can make of it. With a magic user, of course (evil cleric or wizard). :love:

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
The expansions could be interesting, but the OC is really dry. Although it does have a few highlights, e.g. the ghost village quest.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
ElecTriCotter said:
Multi-headed Cow said:
RK47 needs to do this. Playing as a multiclass gnome barbarian/monk.
I think you can only play as a human female rogue.

Anyway, I support the notion of LPing ADWR, in the Codex tradition of showing off hilariously shitty games.

Relay

Educated
NWN OC is the worst "game" from bioware ever. The ability to quickly create small campaigns with the toolset for use with friends online is the redeeming feature, without the toolset and the ability to play online NWN would have tanked hard.

There is only filler combat, filler combat and filler combat presented in the most boring way you could imagine. D&D with a single character (henchmen aren't necessary to beat the game and most of them just get in the way and die anyway) is a borefest and the combat has to be dumbed down a lot to allow any classes to make it to the end. Try to solo BG1 as a low level wizard, see how far you can go. NWN allows that kind of retardation.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The only redeeming feature of NWN1 was its toolkit. Campaign sucked massively.

Breaking Axe

Educated
NWN wasn't designed with singleplayer in mind, I always thought of the campaigns as a showcase of what you can do with the toolset. It's main strength lies in being able to create minature MMORPGs with specific playstyles in mind, and easily enforced.

Someone doing a LP of a multiplayer persistent world could be interesting, if only for the uncertain outcome of each playthrough.

Eyeball

Arcane
Playing NWN after BG2, I remember being enthralled with the simple and accessible interface and combat that was a lot less fucking awful than what you see in the Infinity engine games.

Don't play NWN expecting PST. It's a mildly more complex Diablo with DnD rules, and a very good one at that, its main failing being the inability to have more control over your party members. I love NWN1 and hate NWN2, which had far more irritating characters, an even shitter story and fucked up NWN1s excellent interface for no good reason.

MOTB is supposed to redeem NWN2, but I truly cannot be bothered to wrestle with those faggottastic camera controls again, even it the writing is said to be on level with PST.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Eyeball said:
Playing NWN after BG2, I remember being enthralled with the simple and accessible interface and combat that was a lot less fucking awful than what you see in the Infinity engine games.

Don't play NWN expecting PST. It's a mildly more complex Diablo with DnD rules, and a very good one at that, its main failing being the inability to have more control over your party members. I love NWN1 and hate NWN2, which had far more irritating characters, an even shitter story and fucked up NWN1s excellent interface for no good reason.

MOTB is supposed to redeem NWN2, but I truly cannot be bothered to wrestle with those faggottastic camera controls again, even it the writing is said to be on level with PST.

This is a very convincing argument. I will LP this game to experience the rise and fall of Bioware's finest writing at its apex before a massive incline known as Origins. After I'm done with Arcanum, of course.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
153l1lj.jpg

jfupw3.png

How does it feel, Obsidian-lovers?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom