Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why so much whining on RPGCodex?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Well, that's the only logical explanation at this point. Doesn't reflect good on Oblivion though, the game is a fucking magnet for retards."

Which explains why you and your fellow Codexers will be amongst the first to run out to buy, and play it. Not to mention all the coverage you give it in the HARDCORE RPG NEWS SECTION!

R00fles!

D&DRULEZ

Novice
Volourn said:
"Well, that's the only logical explanation at this point. Doesn't reflect good on Oblivion though, the game is a fucking magnet for retards."

Which explains why you and your fellow Codexers will be amongst the first to run out to buy, and play it. Not to mention all the coverage you give it in the HARDCORE RPG NEWS SECTION!

R00fles!

They thought I was you!

obediah

Erudite
kingcomrade said:
No horse genitals? What the fuck kind of RPG is Bethsoft making? Next you're going to tell me there aren't going to be any elf titties. This is why Final Fantasy games aren't RPGs, you know, no elf titties. Not even any elves! I'd hate to see TES go down that path.

Worse than that you can't attack black people in the game, even when they steal your horse.

Necropennis

Scholar
Nice try fella, but tubgirling requires more sagacity

Worse than that you can't attack black people in the game, even when they steal your horse.

Damn, I had heard you could enslave black people who had committed thievery(RAI is awesome) or other transgression against you(like not bowing to you) and make them work on your fields :(

Section8

Cipher
Wow, these fan boy invasions are more predictable than those Russian spambots that quote random bits of posts and "reply" to them.

I doubt anyone's listening, but if you've just come here from the Elder Scrolls forums, consider that we've heard every permutation of "How come you guys hate...?" and you're not likely to get a rational reply if you come along and ask it yet again. Especially if you decide to ask it at the same time as all the other "forum invaders" spurred on by yet another "OMFG teh codex sux!!!11! lets get em!!!11" thread over on the Elder Scrolls forums.

If you want justifications or discussions of opinions on Oblivion, there are plenty of active threads with ongoing arguments for both sides. Go find one, and post in there. If you have an intelligible point to make, you will be <s>warmly</s> received.

Tarnarious said:
We'll see what's being said after the game comes out, until then I don't bitch about things I haven't given a chance.

Good for you! If everyone on the ES forums would follow your example, I think the message volume there would fall 50%. It seems to me that there is far more whining about Oblivion going on there than over here.

Levski 1912

Scholar
We don't whine about Oblivion here. We tear it a new one every day like clockwork. Subtle difference, I know.

chaedwards

Liturgist
D&DRULEZ said:
En Vino Veritas. In Whine, Truth
IN Vino Veritas. If you're going to be annoying and smug, please do it correctly. Otherwise you just end up looking like a fool.

(Although your way, disturbingly, gets 10,600 hits on Google. At least you're stupidity is shared.)

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Because whining is somehow related to the pc rpg genre. Oh, and don't mind the growling at Bethesda. It could be any bigtime publisher that creates succesfull games and therefore "sold out".

7th Circle

Scholar
GhanBuriGhan said:
7th Circle said:
DarkUnderlord said:
Why does everyone at the TES Forums have so much hope for Bethesda and the new ES4:oblivion?

I think it's just that the true believers/missionary types are the ones that come here. Erik Ericson might allude to his 5th stage of psychosocial development...but that's another story...

Hmmm, Ypsl, Override, me.... No :)

Fair point. :)

I was thinking of Codex "visitors" instead of Codex "regulars"...but I shoud have made that clear and should have spoken in general rather than absolute terms.

Actually, now that I think of it, your point is especially valid because I post at the ES forums. ;)

Data4

Arcane
Whipporowill said:
If even a quarter of those posters are native americans, I worry for your country's educational system... :?

Which is why my signature over there laments that very sentiment. Multigenerational American here, and I'm fucking embarrassed.

-D4 (jonrd463 over at TES)

protobob

Liturgist
Foolish Codex! Not even you can resist my DEADLY, ALL-CAPS, OBLIVION FORUM SPAM DEATHRAY!!!

HAHAHAHAH.

whitemithrandir

Erudite
Tarnarious said:
micmu said:
Stop whining and get over it.

Who's doing the whining? We'll see what's being said after the game comes out, until then I don't bitch about things I haven't given a chance.

Don't bitch about other people bitching about things you haven't given a chance to try yet then, DUMBFUCK.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Volourn said:

Which explains why you and your fellow Codexers will be amongst the first to run out to buy, and play it.
Just a thought, has anyone here said they wouldn't buy it? I know it'll be in my "list of stuff to buy in 2 years when I have a PC that runs it" and probably pick up the Game of the Year Edition with the expansion packs included. But I don't recall anyone saying they wouldn't buy it, mainly because it's not like there's anything else remotely RPG-ish to spend our money on I think.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Xaziv said:
Why does everyone have so much resentment towards Bethesda and the new ES4:oblivion?

Why are you Bethesda fan faggots too fucking stupid to know this kind of shit is site feedback?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom