Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why so much whining on RPGCodex?

Levski 1912

Scholar
bryce777 said:
Lumpy said:
Do I count as a whiner too, because of this thread: http://rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0 ? :P
Anyway, instead of saying "Oblivon is t3h roxxorz j00 guyz suck" you should rather give some reasons.

I just don't see why these fanbois refuse to give oblivion a chance...to suck.
But if they do, all the time they spent fellating the devs at the official forums would be for naught.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Just a thought, has anyone here said they wouldn't buy it? I know it'll be in my "list of stuff to buy in 2 years when I have a PC that runs it" and probably pick up the Game of the Year Edition with the expansion packs included. But I don't recall anyone saying they wouldn't buy it, mainly because it's not like there's anything else remotely RPG-ish to spend our money on I think."

That's exactly the point. The Codex concensus is that Obsidian is gonna suck, and only retards are attracted to it. Yet, the Codexers by and large, are gonna be amongst the first to buy the game.

That is *ver* telling.

And, no, the lame 'there isn't much else' is just plain a cop out. :roll:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Volourn said:
"Just a thought, has anyone here said they wouldn't buy it? I know it'll be in my "list of stuff to buy in 2 years when I have a PC that runs it" and probably pick up the Game of the Year Edition with the expansion packs included. But I don't recall anyone saying they wouldn't buy it, mainly because it's not like there's anything else remotely RPG-ish to spend our money on I think."

That's exactly the point. The Codex concensus is that Obsidian is gonna suck
No, we all ready know that Obsidian suck. There's no "gonna" about it.

Volourn said:
, and only retards are attracted to it.
That's not what Vault Dweller said though and I doubt what the consensus actually is (if it is, I must've missed the memo from the Hive Queen). Oblivion is "a magnet for retards" not "solely purchased by retards". Kind of like how gold is a magnet for greedy people but not solely for greedy people. There's a subtle but significant difference there.

Volourn said:
Yet, the Codexers by and large, are gonna be amongst the first to buy the game.
Why? How many people here at the Codex have it pre-ordered apart from you?

Volourn said:
And, no, the lame 'there isn't much else' is just plain a cop out.
Not really. Of all the "RPGs" (or at least, things that get that label applied to them) that will be released this year (all 5 of them), Oblivion is "the big one" that's least likely to be a complete Diablo clone.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"No, we all ready know that Obsidian suck. There's no "gonna" about it."

Heh. Meant Oblivion; but only a fool thinks Obsidian sucks.

"That's not what Vault Dweller said though and I doubt what the consensus actually is (if it is, I must've missed the memo from the Hive Queen). Oblivion is "a magnet for retards" not "solely purchased by retards". Kind of like how gold is a magnet for greedy people but not solely for greedy people. There's a subtle but significant difference there."

Oh please. Nice cop out. It's obvious what VD meant. It's pretty clear what 'retards are drawn to Oblivion'. But, then again, the Codex has provedn to be reatrded so itc omes no surprise to me they are drawn to Oblivion. The ehavy coverage in the news section proves this.

"Why? How many people here at the Codex have it pre-ordered apart from you?"

This the best you got?

"Not really. Of all the "RPGs" (or at least, things that get that label applied to them) that will be released this year (all 5 of them), Oblivion is "the big one" that's least likely to be a complete Diablo clone."

A. Only a moron would think Oblivion is likely to be good after the trash known as all the other games in the ES series.

B. At best, you should only willing to be $25 KANADIAN for it.

C. NWN2 is the going to be the best RPG this year. Dumbass.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
I'm pessimistic about the game since the only thing we've heard about Oblivion points to it being a mediocre game(besides purty graphics and some nifty combat stuff from MSFD). Other than that, i fail to see how anyone could actually be optimistic about Oblivion being a great game.

Still, if the demo and reviews turn out to be great when it finally comes, i'll put it on my wish list.

Volourn, are you saying you wouldn't buy it if it somehow miraculously turned out to be good?

sumguy

Novice
Volourn said:

nope, according to RPG codex NWN is one of the suckiest games ever.

sumguy

Novice
Volourn said:

nope, according to RPG codex NWN is one of the suckiest games ever.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Volourn said:
"That's not what Vault Dweller said though and I doubt what the consensus actually is (if it is, I must've missed the memo from the Hive Queen). Oblivion is "a magnet for retards" not "solely purchased by retards". Kind of like how gold is a magnet for greedy people but not solely for greedy people. There's a subtle but significant difference there."

Oh please. Nice cop out. It's obvious what VD meant. It's pretty clear what 'retards are drawn to Oblivion'. But, then again, the Codex has provedn to be reatrded so itc omes no surprise to me they are drawn to Oblivion. The ehavy coverage in the news section proves this.
Dark Underlord is, obviously, correct. Didn't think I need to clarify that, but ... hmm, are you sure you are not interested in Oblivion, Volly? You kinda fit the profile...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Volourn, are you saying you wouldn't buy it if it somehow miraculously turned out to be good?"

Nope. Not for more than $25. And, that's only if I get people whose opinions I trust say it's good. ie. Not the Codex as they lied about MW.

"nope, according to RPG codex NWN is one of the suckiest games ever."

Yeah; but the Codex DS so their opinion doesn't count.

" hmm, are you sure you are not interested in Oblivion, Volly? You kinda fit the profile..."

Nope. In fact, the only reason I know anything about Obvlivion is because it's kindas hard to ignore all the Oblivion spam news that the Codex stuffs down our throats in an effort to make sure Oblivion sells 10 million copies.

I blame Codex for my hated of all things ES.

I didn't buy; but did try the odler ES games like Df on others' computers. I hated them with a passion, and therefore ignoed MW on release.

Being a moron relatively new to the Internet I had to the gall to believe fools when they said it was good. This includes the Codex,a nd so I bought the game when it reached under $50. It was trash like all the other ES games. I didn't bother at all with the expansions when the same cries of 'they're better' came.

Hence, why I will not buy Oblivion no matter how much praise it gest from anyone until it falls under $25, and that's if I'm bored at the time.

"Scary part is, Vol is to way too smart (in his own animal cunning kind of way) to fit the profile of the average Tes fan. Brrr!"

If I were the emotional type, I'd be crying tears of joy over this kind post.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Volourn said:
"Why? How many people here at the Codex have it pre-ordered apart from you?"

This the best you got?
You still haven't answered my question, roofles.

Volourn said:
"Not really. Of all the "RPGs" (or at least, things that get that label applied to them) that will be released this year (all 5 of them), Oblivion is "the big one" that's least likely to be a complete Diablo clone."

A. Only a moron would think Oblivion is likely to be good after the trash known as all the other games in the ES series.

B. At best, you should only willing to be $25 KANADIAN for it.

But who said A, B and C? It's certainly not the "Codex consensus". All you seem to be doing is taking something one person says negative about Oblivion and using that as the "Hive Mind" answer as well as misinterpreting what people are actually saying.

Volourn said:
Hence, why I will not buy Oblivion no matter how much praise it gest from anyone until it falls under $25, and that's if I'm bored at the time.
So why all the angst then?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"You still haven't answered my question, roofles."

And, you haven't answered mine.

Anyways, the question is a faux pas because it is illogical since a) I haven't preordered it, and b) I enver said that *anyone* had.

"But who said A, B and C? It's certainly not the "Codex consensus". All you seem to be doing is taking something one person says negative about Oblivion and using that as the "Hive Mind" answer as well as misinterpreting what people are actually saying."

Oh please. Do you even read the site? The site nowadays is dedicated to a war between the Codex and Bethesda fanboys of how much Oblivion is gonna suck or not. It's kind ahard tod eny that the Codex consensus is that Oblivion is gonna suck, and only retards would be interested in it. Hence my comment as a poke at the Codex way of saying how much x game or company sucks then they rush out and buy more of the shitty stuff.

"WAAAA! that drug guys sucks; but I'll go buy their drugs anyways! WAAAA!!"

"So why all the angst then?"

No angst; but the Oblivion spam (both pro and anti) are kinda hard to ignore.

R00fles!

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Volourn said:
Anyways, the question is a faux pas because it is illogical since a) I haven't preordered it, and b) I enver said that *anyone* had.
You did say we'll be among the first to buy it. Those who are among the first to buy it are those who pre-order it. Therefore, anyone who hasn't pre-ordered it is hardly going to be among the first to buy it. Unless you're thinking a couple hundred thousand people is what counts as "first", which I'd argue leaves for a pretty big definition. Considering most game sales happen in the first month of a games release (before typically - though probably not in Oblivoin's case - the game disappears off the shelves), you seem to think everyone who buys it is "among the first".

Volourn said:
The site nowadays is dedicated to a war between the Codex and Bethesda fanboys of how much Oblivion is gonna suck or not.
Really? Why, what threads are there about how much Oblivion as a whole will suck? I see certain aspects of the game being critiscised such as the overly large visible from space font, the lack of combat options like horseback combat, the lack of weapons in order to save on making animations, childish writing, a lack of real dialogue options and weapons being poorly categorised. There's also a bunch of retarded TES fanboys who come here to post nothing but "OMG u suk" and then 5 pages of inane chatter in response. In fact, specifically looking for comments which even just imply "Oblivion as a whole is going to suck" brings up little beyond some people responding stupidly to what are stupid posts in the first place.

So a correction: A war about how much certain aspects of the game are going to suck in terms of its "RPG-ness".

Volourn said:
It's kind ahard tod eny that the Codex consensus is that Oblivion is gonna suck, and only retards would be interested in it.
Again, retards are attracted to it not "only retards are interested in it". No-one ever said that on the Codex. Anywhere. Ever.

Volourn said:
Hence my comment as a poke at the Codex way of saying how much x game or company sucks then they rush out and buy more of the shitty stuff.
Really? What are your statistics on that? I haven't bought NWN, any of the Kotor's nor in fact, most other RPGs released in the past few years apart from Bloodlines and Sacred. I"m not really sure how many people here have. Again, you take one instance of one person saying one thing (such as one single person buying the game) and take that to mean "the whole of the RPG Codex". Then again, buying a game doesn't preclude it from having sore points about which one can complain, as you should surely know yourself. Further more, I can't seem to find too many people who've said they wouldn't buy it "for what it is".

Something you and just about every TES fanboy that comes here seems to fail to understand is that this is the RPG Codex. That doesn't mean we don't play non-RPG games and enjoy them. It does however, mean we're fairly angsty when it comes to games that proclaim themselves to be RPGs, yet which fail to have any strong RPG elements. Those are the things we complain about.

voodoo1man

Liturgist
Xaziv said:
"omg thar is no horse genitalz in dis game it is CRAP!"

Don't worry, Xaz, I'm sure it will be less than a week before some modders put in a model of a huge, wet, throbbing, bump-and-specular-mapped horse cock so we can all stop our criticism and finally have that key RPG feature we have all been longing for. In the meantime, you can watch some horse cock video to tide you over.

Xaziv said:
You all will be eating your words once the game is released.

No, I'm going to be listening to oMG PATRIK STEWART!!!'s words sometime after the game is released and I pirate it off TEH INTARNETS!!! like the filthy peg-legged, rum-drinking, woman-raping pirate of the digital seas that I am.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Dark Underlord is wrong. And, so it was stated.

P.S. If the RPG Codex wa struly all about hardcore role-playing it wouldn't be covering games like DS, Sacred, and Hellgate:London in its news section.

Until that policy is changed, it's just lip service much like VD and Spaz's mothers give me to each night.

R00fles!

Frau Bishop

Erudite
Ohh, I see. I was confused because there are hits for the word on google.. mainly on russian sites. But my Russian sucks too much to find out what they are talking about. :wink:

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Volourn said:
If the RPG Codex wa struly all about hardcore role-playing it wouldn't be covering games like DS, Sacred, and Hellgate:London in its news section.
Why wouldn't we? All those games proclaim to be role-playing games. It therefore makes sense that an RPG site would cover a game which calls itself an RPG. Regardless of whether or not we think it is or not. We'll just cover it and point that fact out. Which is exactly what, historically, this site has done.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom