Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why the fuck is Witcher 3 #15 on the Codex top 101?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Witcher 3 is pure decline.

Honestly it fails on so many levels, and it is the embodiment of bad gaming trends choking great gaming standards which spent decades being crafted to perfection.

It shouldn't even be on the top 101, nowhere near it, never mind #15.
And yet The Witcher III was still over an improvement over its immediate predecessor. :M

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Nah this was never a consensus on the Codex. It's like saying there's a consensus on FO2 sucking. Generally though the Codex has always held PS:T in far higher regard than I do, including among the rest of the IE games
Bull.

PST was considered good despite IE gameplay being shit.

As for Fallout 2, there was strong debates on if it was worse than the original. Basically, it was about tight gameplay, better self-contained story and more coherent setting for Fallout 1 VS New Reno, more Avellone C&C, and more content for Fallout 2. The original always had the edge until faggots who played 2 first started joining the Codex more.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Nowadays too many newfags who have nothing to offer RPG-wise joined up and you can tell many are just a bunch of kids who've never played a single classic but played and disliked Oblivion/Skyrim/FO3 so they found this place and are in for those edgy points.

You're welcome.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Bull.

PST was considered good despite IE gameplay being shit.

As for Fallout 2, there was strong debates on if it was worse than the original. Basically, it was about tight gameplay, better self-contained story and more coherent setting for Fallout 1 VS New Reno, more Avellone C&C, and more content for Fallout 2. The original always had the edge until faggots who played 2 first started joining the Codex more.

We can agree on PST, I played it close to release and it was mostly fantastic because of the fresh quest design, complex companion interactions having an effect on gameplay on the long run (+ attributes + spells), amazing setting, interesting NPC and a masterfully crafted Sigil.
IE gameplay was always subpar.

As for Fallout 1 & 2, I played Fallout 1 on release and Fallout 2 as well (aka after Fallout 1) and I like them both but mostly, Fallout 1 was too short and Fallout 2 companions are just great.
Sure, not all the locations have been crafted with the same attention to details nor filled with excellent content but overall, it's slightly better or at least, it's more Fallout 1 with some fresh content.

I don't get why some retards would oppose Fallout 1 with Fallout 2, the only reason I can find is faggots whom don't like Fallout 1 that much but don't want to admit it, because if you loved Fallout 1, you want more of it and that's just Fallout 2.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Lets pretend I'm retarded for a New York minute here. Explain to me why the fuck is Witcher 3 number fucking 15 on the list? How the fuck did that happen? What the fuck guys... it's fucking above Underrail... WITCHER 3... ABOVE UNDERRAIL!
HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT HAPPEN?! Is this reddit? Am I on reddit right now? Why the fuck's it called RPG Codex when it's reddit?
Gothic? Yeah, nah fam, worse than Witcher 3.
Baldur's Gate? More like Baldur's shit compared to the Witcher 3.
Wizardry 8? Nigga what century you living in? Blobbers are so last millennium.
Grimoire? Cleveland Mark Blakemore Well there you have it Cleve, reddit... I'm sorry, the Codex has rated Witcher 3 more highly than Grimoire.
Might and Magic VI? Pfffft, go to bed gramps.
Dark Sun: Shattered Lands? One of the greatest RPGs ever created right? Nah, just playin', Witcher 3 is clearly superior.
Elex? A return to form for Piranha Bytes? Sorry, the Codex prefers the soullessness of the Witcher.

And I'm supposed to discuss RPGs with you niggers? I have no words. My disappointment could not be greater. This is one of the worst things to happen in human history. I bet Infinitron did this.

Witcher 3 above Underrail?

Wtf

Üstad

Arcane
pdhD31p.jpg

Didn't even play this game but for some reason gets me everytime.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I really hate that I missed this thread. I have some reading to catch up on.

Where do you guys think CyberPolak 2077 is going to end up? Number 7?

Deadyawn

Learned
Not reading the 9 pages so maybe this has been pointed out already, but I think Witcher 3 is as good as a AAA action RPG can be and if you are of a storyfag disposition the presentation can dazzle you a bit. It is a very pretty game.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I just don't like Witcher's setting, it's so... peasanty. I honestly feel depressed when I play Witcher.

DY050503

Educated
I just don't like Witcher's setting, it's so... peasanty. I honestly feel depressed when I play Witcher.
These days fantasy games are not about fantasy, thanks to George R. R. Martin.

laclongquan

Arcane
There was a Codex Hivemind?

I must consider this as a senile old fart's silly opinion. Even in the raging days of Roshambo, there's no such thing~

I mean, back in the old days the old farts fapping furiously over F1 and say it's best but even in those days I thought, and still think, Fallout 2 beat 1 black and blue~ There's no consensus on this, at least.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Probably the intention. I came away from the game with a hatred for peasants and frustration that I couldn't burn their hovels.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I can see the appeal, it may just be that I don't like dark games, so the world of Witcher is not a place I want to be.

laclongquan

Arcane
Probably the intention. I came away from the game with a hatred for peasants and frustration that I couldn't burn their hovels.
Very reasonable sentiment considering witchers frequently get chased by fork wielding peasants, and Geralt got nearly killed by them once upon a time~

Political correct sentiment is actually WRONG, lore-wise, in case of witchers.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom