Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Why the fuck was Bruticis banned?

gromit

Arcane
Perhaps he simply loves the chaos.

So I just caught someone in the shoutbox saying "even me. if I break the rules, so be it" and it made me think of the nature of "selective moderation." Some of you spoke here, like "selective administration" is an oppressive and totalitarian thing, when really it perfectly describes reaching the limits of cautious lenience and bemused permissiveness in the face of frequent, flagrant violation of the very sparse rules.

"Selective" means "you usually get away with things" and I'm confused with why this causes outrage. "Rules" in this case don't even stop the things many do which keep this forum a well-mannered leper colony, instead of "edgy news site with perks and humbly profitable non-shit ads #38529." They're written towards keeping moderators sane, which is good, because anyone who'd sign up for that gig is probably already not very far from snapping.

That's a good thing. Really: who among us hasn't broken a rule once or thrice? Probably without notice. I figure the rules aren't there for cases of extreme forum-shitting, and to have something to point to when a "problem user" finally needs to go.

So if Bruticus really was being a little shit-heel and trying to turn us all in to the gestapo for shit like "off-topic posts" then fuck him.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Something has been pointed out in chat, which the less degenerate portion of the codex would probably like to know; the (17) reports from Bruticis on the steam thread were a 'derail' initiated by HHR's posts.

I leave you to form your own conclusions, thank you and goodnight.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Jesus fuck this is some real drama. Now if only it could somehow lead to getting general discussion and politics erased...

If you delete my politics forum I'll going to post political shit in your cRPG forums.

DragoFireheart

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Deleting politics would probably unleash a flood of shit on the forums.

Not sure how much value this site places in those posters though but banning a lot of them would be required. Seems like a lot of work either way.

DragoFireheart

Not sure how much value this site places in those posters though but banning a lot of them would be required. Seems like a lot of work either way.

Besides, there's only so many things I can talk about on old games like Fallout/Planescape before it becomes a rehash of an old topic. And making fun of shit games/companies brings only so much entertainment value and meaningful discussion.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I know how annoying it would be to pop up in this thread just to say "I told you so". So I definitely won't do that.

It's time to spam Alex with PMs, tags and brofists, everybody. Alex thinks banning people is evil, so don't worry, nobody will stop you.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
It's time to spam Alex with PMs, tags and brofists, everybody. Alex thinks banning people is evil, so don't worry, nobody will stop you.
DU has removed the ability to send a message and then delete before the recipient reads it. Much trolling potential gone :rpgcodex:

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Definitely this. As with a virus, if you can't eradicate it, at least quarantine it.

It would help if you didn't talk about GD/Politics as if it were this RED MENACE threatening all life.
Did I ? It's only about the Politics subforum and it's not a menace, just a nuisance. Not all viruses are deadly. Do not overestimate the powers of the tard side.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Okay. It seems that somehow Bruticis went on a reporting spree, had his report button disabled and he made a thread on SF about that, but I don't think that's reason enough to ban him. What's going on?

DarkUnderlord, Crooked Bee, Mother Russia, is there something that we don't know about this issue?

You remind me when I was 17 and a partaker in my first ever forum fearbush.com and I and a group was defending a Japaneese chick who just died of cancer ...but a lot of people said he was a guy....

turns out he really was a dude from Brooklyn.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
i am confused by the conflicting posts brofisted by IDtenT in this thread
Your brown-nosing though, surprises no-one.

:butthurt:

This is my only post in the thread:

I think it's pretty much a fact that mods are human and use their own biases when making decisions.

nooooo

If a mod hates you, the only choice is to find a new message board.

I am personally disgusted by every single user that posts in Politics, including myself, and I haven't seen the residents complain... yet.

Johannes

Arcane
Ban Grunker

1f27737fd79bdcb48ac1fdbaedfc5a5c39f68b70_full.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom