Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why was Desiderius banned?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Desi was being a sperg yes, but 1 week in the gay baby jail should be enough, 1 month seems harsh for me.

Thats the other thing: People get banned and nobody knows why. Zero transparency. Gotta make a thread specifically on the most out of the way subforum to ask, with the high possibility of receiving a snide non-answer.

fork

Pretty damn weak ban. Remember, if you sperg a little too much about a RPG you like you get banned on a RPG forum.
People literally have gimmick accounts made just to hate on certain games but you like a game too much and you're fucked.[...]

What? I hate Disco Furry, everything Larian, everything Obsidian, Twitcher, Resident Evil 4 and all Point and Click adventures, and love Dark Souls(!), Dragon's Dogma, Planescape: Torment, Doom etc. openly. Why would I want to make a gimmick account again? Because some Codex faggots might diss me? lel

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
What did Desiderius do?
bQzvs2b.png

Pathfinder - Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous RELEASE Thread | Page 291 | rpgcodex > thanks to those who supported our Monomyth fundraiser. The rest of you suck and can go to hell.

Looks like he got what he wanted. Not sure why anyone is upset, apart from Owlcat shills being sad they'll have one less teammate. :M

I mean, Desiderius hasn't made a single fucking useful post ever but if that's a ban reason you might as well ban Kruno and Infinitron as well.
He literally asked for it.

Besides, you were ignoring him and he was ignoring you. Both of you should be grateful to never have to speak to each other again.

Lemon

Arcane
Don't act so smug Crispy, it's indecorous since it wasn't you who pulled the trigger but VentilatorOfDoom. So, VoD, what's up brother? Why you feel the need to shoot desuman all of the sudden?
Because he got on my nerves. Every day I have the wade through dozens of posts of his drivel when reading a thread that is of interest to me in GRPG. Because that's all what this guy does - producing a 100 posts a day, every day, telling all of you how retarded you are.
It takes a while to annoy me. It doesn't happen within a couple of posts. But after watching the shenanigans of that obnoxious idiot for a couple of weeks, today was the day when I was finally fed up. He could have taken the hint when I posted my warning and toned it down a bit but he decided not to. And now he's gone (for a month). If you think about it, I'm actually helping him. The RPGCodex clearly is too dumb for him and now he has the opportunity to spend his time among a worthier audience.

You’re absolutely pathetic.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Because he got on my nerves. Every day I have the wade through dozens of posts of his drivel when reading a thread that is of interest to me in GRPG. Because that's all what this guy does - producing a 100 posts a day, every day, telling all of you how retarded you are.
It takes a while to annoy me. It doesn't happen within a couple of posts. But after watching the shenanigans of that obnoxious idiot for a couple of weeks, today was the day when I was finally fed up. He could have taken the hint when I posted my warning and toned it down a bit but he decided not to. And now he's gone (for a month). If you think about it, I'm actually helping him. The RPGCodex clearly is too dumb for him and now he has the opportunity to spend his time among a worthier audience.
The man did post actually useful stuff and didn't veer too much off topic even though he could be obnoxious at times thus I disagree with the decision to outright ban him, but I can also understand the frustration. Appreciate the answer though. :salute:

Can you give an example of a useful post of his, because I sure didn't see any.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I kind of liked Des and in the Kingmaker thread found his knowledge and advice useful, but he certainly failed a Codex lore check on this one. If there's one mod you don't want to goad and bait, it's VoD. Infi takes a lot of shit from some users and puts up with it, (for some reason!) but VentilatorOfDoom has a much shorter fuse. If he says he's getting fucked off with you and you reply 'ban me then' then really, you've more or less banned yourself. If people gave VoD the amount of shit they gave Infinitron then this site would have a lot less fucking idiots on it.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I posted this in the Wrath thread, but I'm still not sure how Des managed to avoid acquiring a fanboy tag despite the vast majority of his posts being about either KM or Wrath.

Others acquired tags for far less.

Vatnik Wumao
I posted this in the Wrath thread, but I'm still not sure how Des managed to avoid acquiring a fanboy tag despite the vast majority of his posts being about either KM or Wrath.

Others acquired tags for far less.
To me, being a fanboy implies being impartial about the quality of a game. This is not the case with Desiderius as far as I'm concerned. He isn't a fanboy, but he definitely has very strong opinions about the way in which those games should be played (which coupled with his unapologetic attitude naturally gets on some people's nerves).

The Jester

Cipher
Don't act so smug Crispy, it's indecorous since it wasn't you who pulled the trigger but VentilatorOfDoom. So, VoD, what's up brother? Why you feel the need to shoot desuman all of the sudden?
So you banned him because he triggered your snowflake ass?
The absolute state of Cuckdex

Mortmal

Arcane
Wonder how much mortmals reports had to do with this...
None ,why would i ? i dont talk shit behind people's back .If i have to say something to your group of clowns, repressed faggots, fanboys with such low standards they are easily satisfied by the first game that fill up a bit their loser's life , i say it in front . No need to ask anything to staff.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Gaysiderius would have 100% done the same if he was in VoD's place. He would have already banned half the forum, in fact. It's obvious to tell who the emo posters are because they make ample use of the (gay) ignore feature.

That being said, I'll ask for leniency for the sad Owlcat fangirl, just like I have for others before. I know he would not do it for me, but a man has to have principles. Let him back in.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Whoa. For a second. I thought they banned my fren Anonymous Wife Scholar! Again! Phew. Glad it's not true. I love that guy like you wouldn't believe. As for desudesu. Hopefully he uses this time out to calm down. He's been getting quite annoying when it comes to Wrath. Or anything Owlcat related.

He posts useful things, but he ruins it by getting overly defensive against any perceived attack against the games.

His defence doesn't help either, as his response is usually attacks against the poster's intelligence rather than actually addressing what he feels is wrong in the posters claims.

A good example is the crusading management/homm minigame. It's probably fair to say that it has a fairly negative reception overall even amongst people who like the game, he could just accept that a lot of people don't like it, but instead he has to attack anyone who says so.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
He posts useful things
Sure, however, so do others. Desudesu isn't the only one who understands the Pathfinder ruleset. For example. Even though I don't agree with Mortmal on certain things. I'm still inclined to read his posts because he's NOT an overtly defensive cunt, who uses the ignore function.

I still remember when he put me on ignore for a while last year, because I said long unskippable cutscenes before bossfights were kinda obnoxious.

I dunno what I did to eventually get taken off his ignore list.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom