Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Why was mondblut banned?

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
For fucks sake, simply delete GD and the other crap. This is an rpg site, and a very good one too.

If we indulged in offtopic discussion all those years because there were no games that impressed us is one thing. But if it becomes legally dangerous to run a platform on which an increasing amount of political extremists, antisemites, incels, cunts and various other morons post daily under the guise of rpg discussion, why worry about the law when there is a delete button.

That the site went to shit is not DUs fault. He was an asshole sometimes but his posts are always within the realm of sanity. Something which I cannot say about a lot of posters here in the last 5 years since Topic Number One came up. Did it occur to anyone that the world does not just revolve around nationalism, anti-nationalism and anti-anti-nationalism?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Did it occur to anyone that the world does not just revolve around nationalism, anti-nationalism and anti-anti-nationalism?
That's why I find low-key tranny in my Pathfinder: WotR, unabashed tranny in the Siege of Dragonspear, entire agenda-filled Deadfire etc, etc. The writing is on the wall, but you are still thinking: "Eugh! Breivik's sympathizers, go away!"

Burning Bridges

You feel you must support terrorists because there is 1 transvestite in your favorite game?! Get a life.

People who support someone like Breivik are the degenerates, not the kids he murdered nor the ones he said he had to kill for.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You can be a mean, hurtful asshole without using RAYCIST words. That's how Codex used to be. We got called nazis before being a nazi was cool.

Glittering gems of hatred.

Not monkeys slinging poop.

Don't tell me how the heckin' Codex used to be. I was there 3000 years ago. There was no censorship.

Well, 11 years ago but that's like a million years in computer time.

Alex

Arcane
It's fucking simple. Transfer the site's server and the domain name to a moderator or team member from the US, or form an LLC. You're not bound to the Australian law unless you specifically decide to. The job got slightly harder, but you're spending effort on the word filter that could be spent on actually solving the problem.
I want to address this because you've raised it a few times.

Name a single member of the Codex moderation team who is a US citizen. (snip...)

I know he is neither from the USA or part of the moderation, but I still think giving the website to Darth Roxor to be the best option. And while, yes, there would be 7 days bans for bad-mouthing Elex, that is still a whole lot more deserved.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Do you remember time when all forum "warnings" were slightly amusing shit like this?
dHuQi0Sh_o.png

Rico66

Arcane
Well, if DU wants a easy purge, he should turn off ignoring for few days. So many faggots from GRPG will immediately self-eject. :smug:

Camel

Scholar
For fucks sake, simply delete GD and the other crap. This is an rpg site, and a very good one too.

If we indulged in offtopic discussion all those years because there were no games that impressed us is one thing. But if it becomes legally dangerous to run a platform on which an increasing amount of political extremists, antisemites, incels, cunts and various other morons post daily under the guise of rpg discussion, why worry about the law when there is a delete button.

That the site went to shit is not DUs fault. He was an asshole sometimes but his posts are always within the realm of sanity. Something which I cannot say about a lot of posters here in the last 5 years since Topic Number One came up. Did it occur to anyone that the world does not just revolve around nationalism, anti-nationalism and anti-anti-nationalism?
The Codex stayed the same, it's the world became much more left-wing. Liberals no longer say “I don't agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”, now they will censor and remove your right to say things offensive to them. Even if something is not racist or offensive liberals/modern left will then call it a "dog whistle".

Last edited:

Burning Bridges

People who support someone like Breivik are the degenerates, not the kids he murdered nor the ones he said he had to kill for.

:hahano:

I know you find this probably terribly funny, and I get that just because you can't talk to girls without fainting you only want to gloat over all the hurt that was caused to those people. But what you don't get is that your existence is the sole reason the Leftists get away with all those new censorship rules, and also the reason the codex will get them, because of assholes like you who make them necessary. It was fun in the old days having open discussion when people were still men, but with the emergence of incels and their moral perversion it's no longer feasible.

Camel

Scholar

:hahano:

I know you find this probably terribly funny, and I get that just because you can't talk to girls without fainting you rather want to gloat over all the hurt that was caused to those people. But what you don't get is that your existence is the sole reason the Leftists get away with all those new censorship rules, and also the reason the codex will get them, because of assholes like you who make them necessary.
:npc:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom