Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Why was mondblut banned?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Vote for me, I'll hire cheapest Lithuanian hitman to eliminate anyone who thinks that Disco Elysium is a real RPG and not the RPG/Adventure hybrid like The Hound of Shadow, for example. :M
Otherwise, you will have all nignogs for your spear-chucking needs.

Last edited:
What is more likely:

That the word filter is supposed to "nudge" people towards using less racial slurs, as DU says?

Or that there has not been enough drama lately and he is doing this for shits and giggles?

we-dont-know-dont-know.gif
Normally I would consider it trolling but he lives in a place where the police has so little to do that they will knock on your door for online posts, and that was before covid.

edit: link

If you're the admin of your band's Facebook page, or the local football club, or your own small business, it will matter to you too.
[...]
the court found that the media organisations were in fact legally responsible for comments on their pages, even though they played no part in drafting the remarks, because they had effectively facilitated the comments being posted.

-

If we indulged in offtopic discussion all those years because there were no games that impressed us is one thing. But if it becomes legally dangerous to run a platform on which an increasing amount of political extremists, antisemites, incels, cunts and various other morons post daily under the guise of rpg discussion, why worry about the law when there is a delete button.
Because some people care about people being allowed to say what they want, unlike your demoralized euro ass.

Last edited:

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Clockwork Knight

But you can say what you want, no one wants to take that away from you.

The point this is about is only that the owner of the site can also throw you from his premise when he wants. And lately he has been feeling much more inclined to do so, because the cost-benefit analysis has become much less favorable.

And what is it important that you want to say and are no longer allowed to btw? Without going into specifics it is all quite hypothetical. The African American n-word is off limits because it displeases even our Lord Jesus Christus, so it must be something else.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Clockwork Knight

The point this is about is only that the owner of the site can also throw you from his premise when he wants. And lately he has been feeling much more inclined to do so, because the cost-benefit analysis has become much less favorable.
You should go back to your animefag profile pic, it's more representative.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Or what, you'd get off your lazy ass and devote some of your time to posting news items and fixing the back end when things break instead of shit-posting?

I would, actually. You seem to be under the mistaken impression that the people who criticize you here are somehow against the Codex or only want the freedom to say bad words. I can't speak for the others but I am confident we all want the best possible site we can make.
That's great! Infinitron will set you up with news posting access. We'll see how you go from there.

What's your coding experience?

You know, I was thinking "Hey finally he's giving serious answers" but I guess it's all a big joke to you... Until it suddenly isn't.

I will readily admit that I have not been courteous towards you in the past but in this case I have tried my utmost to be serious, because its a serious issue.

With you however, as Fanta said, it's all fun and games one second and then woe is me the next.
I am serious. You've offered to help, we need help with 3 things:
1. Writing content articles.
2. Posting news items.
3. Coding (PHP, SQL)

Now given the overwhelming majority of your posts are in Politics and GD, with only a miserable 20 posts in News & Content, it's a legitimate question.

... or how do you envision yourself helping? As I've said, Infinitron can set you up with news posting access.

I can give posting news a shot.

And he's feeling like that because he just randomly felt like it, or because some people do want to take that away from me and are willing to force him to by making the cost too great?

I think butting heads with him by ignoring the filter until everyone is banned is retarded and won't lead to a solution, but this is just pretending that there is no problem in need of a solution, because like you said, he can just push delete. But that point is not when the problem happens, it's what happens after the problem.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Normally I would consider it trolling but he lives in a place where the police has so little to do that they will knock on your door for online posts, and that was before covid.

A word filter for one word won't change that. If the situation is really that dire, either transfer ownership of the website to someone else, block Australian IP's (after consulting a lawyer) or hope for the best. We could even do something crazy like creating a Codex trust, raise money from members who want to and buy the site from DU. The ownership of the trust can then be assigned based on how much you contributed.

A word filter for one word won't change that. If the situation is really that dire, either transfer ownership of the website to someone else, block Australian IP's (after consulting a lawyer) or hope for the best. We could even do something crazy like creating a Codex trust, raise money from members who want to and buy the site from DU. The ownership of the trust can then be assigned based on how much you contributed.
And then DU (or other staff members) could dox all of the fund's contributors. Seems kinda risky.

Burning Bridges

And he's feeling like that because he just randomly felt like it, or because some people do want to take that away from me and are willing to force him to by making the cost too great?

I think he made that very clear.

And from what I understand it depends entirely on what you write. Political argument and confrontation is still within the rules (and has never been questioned, not even in fucking Australia) but a bunch of disgusting incels talking shit about people geting killed and high-fiving each other (just look at some of the people above me) is not. Those people have abused the goodwill of the owner for a long time whic h he accepted with Australian mulish patience but now he is starting to feel concerned. Deal with it.

Also the nagger word is forbidden. Using or not using it is your choice of signalling if you are in compliance with the rules or not, African American.

A word filter for one word won't change that.
Already discussed when fedora brought that up. The filter isn't a solution, it's an attempt to make the site more normie-friendly to buy some time until it inevitably isn't enough.

Deal with it.
That's what we're trying to do. I just think that your proposed solution of "just delete it lol" is reddit tier so I'm ignoring it.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
The filter isn't a solution, it's an attempt to make the site more normie-friendly to buy some time until it inevitably isn't enough.

Again, a word filter for one word doesn't make any difference. It's likely more for DU's amusement and drama mining than anything else.

Burning Bridges

That's what we're trying to do. I just think that your proposed solution of "just delete it lol" is reddit tier so I'm ignoring it.

So your solution is to rather wait 1, maybe 2 years until he eventually throws in the towel entirely and one morning the site is replaced with a bunch of ads from buydomains.com?

If he has to clean up and moderate the forum in a year anyway he might just as well do it now. It's allready clear what will happen those people I am talking about will not stop dumping their sick shit here, they have no other place to go. You may prefer to rather wait and see, but it will make the inevitable end just harder.

Zibniyat

Arcane
I know you find this probably terribly funny, and I get that just because you can't talk to girls without fainting you only want to gloat over all the hurt that was caused to those people. But what you don't get is that your existence is the sole reason the Leftists get away with all those new censorship rules, and also the reason the codex will get them, because of assholes like you who make them necessary. It was fun in the old days having open discussion when people were still men, but with the emergence of incels and their moral perversion it's no longer feasible.

You used to be of the more reasonable people around here. I mostly never shared your beliefs and attitudes, but that doesn't mean much.

However, when did you turn into an idolater who worships cunt & vagina, and are now trying to explain everything through the idea that women and their genitalia are markers of quality, worth and ultimately truth? You sound like one of the worst Onlyfans and Twitter whores whose whole life revolves around their sexual organs and exploits. Might as well listen to a horney monkey then, that's how much your input is worth right now.

P.S. I of course won't talk about my private life here, especially not how often and with whom I have or have not fornicated, for I prefer not to behave like a mindless overly-sexualized faggot.

Last edited:

Burning Bridges

fuck are you talking about?

You talk as if you know me and then immediately go on with some sick bullshit about your inability to approach females. What the fuck do I care?

Humbaba

Arcane
People who support someone like Breivik are the degenerates, not the kids he murdered nor the ones he said he had to kill for.

:hahano:

I know you find this probably terribly funny, and I get that just because you can't talk to girls without fainting you only want to gloat over all the hurt that was caused to those people. But what you don't get is that your existence is the sole reason the Leftists get away with all those new censorship rules, and also the reason the codex will get them, because of assholes like you who make them necessary. It was fun in the old days having open discussion when people were still men, but with the emergence of incels and their moral perversion it's no longer feasible.

It's like making offensive jokes with your homies because you can be sure that no one actually means any of it. But now with the influx of incels and their ilk, you're painted with the same brush as them.

>mondblut
>quality posters

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
It's like making offensive jokes with your homies because you can be sure that no one actually means any of it. But now with the influx of incels and their ilk, you're painted with the same brush as them.

So whose alt is prosperface here?

LMAO I was gonna ask that

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom