Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Why was mondblut banned?

Vlajdermen

Arcane
I've never seen anyone spam badwrong words just for the sake of it. The Codex has its share of retards and weirdos but we're not /b/.
Idk man, Reinhardt pulls from that direction pretty hard. He's hopefully just an extreme example.

Shitposter
ITS JUNETEENF
*INHALE THRU TEETH*
IMMA GO TO BESTBUY AND JUS' WALK OUT WITH SOME SHIT
*EATS KFC*
ITS JUNETEENF NIGGA IF DAT CRACKA TRY TO STOP ME IM FINNA BEAT HIS ASS
*PEACEFULLY TORCHES BUILDING*
REST IN PARADISE GEO'GE FLOYT
*WATCHES OPRAH*
SPEAK TROOF TO POWA NIGGA
*SPENDS ENTIRE WELFARE CHECK ON DESIGNER FANNY PACK*
BLACK EXCELLENCE NIGGA
*SCORES 76 ON IQ TEST*
WE FINNA ROLL UP SOME KUSH NIGGA
*DOES BACKFLIP FROM STANDING POSITION*
FREE ALL DA HOMIES NIGGA
*TAKES AFFIRMATIVE ACTION SPOT IN PRESTIGIOUS SCIENCE PROGRAM THEN DROPS OUT*
MAAAN FUCK DA SYSTEM
*BEATS UP ELDERLY ASIAN*
BIX NOOD NIGGA

It's a perfectly fine alternative to ignore the rule. We're not butthurt.
No, those things should be clearly communicated beforehand, not decided on a whim during an argument based on mod not wanting to look like he's butthurt. Shit rules are still better than rules that apply depending on who is involved.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...g-dumping-ground.90469/page-3041#post-7500574

E_FYW7hXsA4ehwf

E_Faw12XIAMT3I8
E_FaxW9XsAcZlkG
"Antagonizing other member". Imagine being banned for a month for posting someone else's avatar.

Lambach

Arcane
He didn't use it as cover, the rule existed and mondblut knowingly went around it. He did enjoy it, which is petty and australian but not moderator abuse.

I understand DU might get a knock on the door from Australia's branch of NKVD for this and nobody needs that shit in their life, but surely there are better ways to handle it than dropping bans on longtime posters for defying your gay-ass little word filter, no? Given all the effort and creativity he's put into trolling us all these years, you'd think he'd be inventive enough to come up with something different.

This way he just looks like some REEEtardEra faggot, doubly so when he puts those "Word filter violation" notifications on the offending posts.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Creating rules doesn't make them legitimate.

The rule itself is the abuse. It is incompatible with the values and spirit of the Codex.

Sure, but as of now the rule exists and he didn't get banned for arguing about the legitimacy of the rule, he ignored it. No alternative around it other than DU pretending not to see it so he doesn't look butthurt, which is unfair to people who got punished for it.
I ignored the rule too. I was not banned, my post was stealth edited.

That's a double standard there in the application of the rule. So even if you say we should follow the rule to debate its change, it is obviously being applied arbitrarily. In effect, DU's ruling that his own rule is sometimes legitimate, sometimes not. In other words, he's admitting his rule is worth shit. Regardless of what you think of the rule, why should we follow it then? A nigger wouldn't.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
This way he just looks like some REEEtardEra faggot, doubly so when he puts those "Word filter violation" notifications on the offending posts.
Nah that's ok. We need to know why a user was sanctioned. Transparency.

The issue is they shouldn't be sanctioned for this shit.

I understand DU might get a knock on the door from Australia's branch of NKVD for this and nobody needs that shit in their life, but surely there are better ways to handle it than dropping bans on longtime posters for defying your gay-ass little word filter, no?
Sure, but right now the world filter rule is active and it was knowingly violated, leading to the 7 day ban. We should be discussing how we're going to get around Ausfailia's retardation in a way that doesn't require filters, not some retarded "u can't ban all of us!!!" charge that doesn't solve anything.

I ignored the rule too. I was not banned, my post was stealth edited.
Indeed, So what did you achieve? Can we say the word now?

Bigg Boss

Arcane
It's almost like DarkUnderlord doesn't want to go to jail (due to supporting hate speech in 2021) because of muh free speech on a video game forum. A VIDEO GAME FORUM. Bunch of niggers. Just seeing how the filter works.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
We should be discussing how we're going to get around Ausfailia's retardation in a way that doesn't require filters

We did in the poll thread. Going further with it required some kind of feedback or acknowledgement from the Dark Niggerlord himself that never came.

I suggested an LLC stationed in the US. rusty_shackleford suggested hosting the Codex at his own expense but banning all Slavs.

Lambach

Arcane
It's almost like this is a private website where you have zero rights.

:hmmm:

Well duh, I'm not saying we should sue DU over the violation of human rights. But one of the reasons why a lot of people are on this website in the first place is because it's less up its own ass about policing speech. If you keep whittling that down, then what reason people have to simply not just go over to RPGWatch or some other heavily moderated site with a much larger and more active userbase?

I'm not saying the situation is that dire now, far from it, but slippery slope and all that.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Lambach, let me educate you on something.

Back in 2002, when the Codex was still in its infancy, the worst thing that was said here on a daily basis was "faggot". That word was thrown around basically everywhere. But there wasn't nearly as much usage of the word "n*gger". Sure, it was thrown around here and there as well, but it was relatively rare and considered just part of the background noise.

Things changed. Things do change. They have changed. Like it or not, we have two choices: 1) Follow DU's wishes and just stop saying nigger so much (actually just don't bypass the filter, so simple) or 2) Kiss RPG Codex goodbye.

In my opinion, RPG Codex is more important than my desire to say nigger all the time. Then again, I'm just not the kind of person who feels some need to be able to do so. Some people here apparently feel differently.

Be mad about it and get out the torches and pitchforks, I guess. Or just go back to the way things were in 2002. Your choice.

We did in the poll thread. Going further with it required some kind of feedback or acknowledgement from the Dark Niggerlord himself that never came.

I suggested an LLC stationed in the US. rusty_shackleford suggested hosting the Codex at his own expense but banning all Slavs.

And if that didn't get results, what makes anyone think that plan "I dare you to ban me" will? What's the idea here, people thinking he will go back down if there's threats of people taking their business elsewhere? The staff doesn't do this for money, it's just going to result in an exodus and the people who remain here will still have to deal with the filter and whatever increasingly clowny rules as Australia continues to descend into the covid power grab.

:dead:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom