Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why was the "Grimoire canceled !" topic retardoed?

Alex

Arcane
I was typing a reply to this topic when it was suddenly retardoed. However, I have no idea why it was so. Has Grimoire discussion become taboo in the Codex? If so, why? If not, then why was the topic sent to Retardo Land? I understand the Codex has taken a more hardliner stance toward useless discussion since the troubles with the server started, but I really see nothing wrong with that specific topic.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's just part of the new policy.

You see, in the past we had no moderators, though sometimes the admins fucked around with someone. Now, however, we have this thing called "mods" and they pretty much have no idea what they are doing.

I wouldn't take it to heart, it's like this on every forum ever; they're just human and make mistakes, such as having been born.

:love:

Mortmal

Arcane
Well well some mod getting bitchy ? I will not stand for this, censor and lock my post something that even on bio board never happened!.
I wont post here anymore , i would even consider rpgwatch if it wasnt so dead and empty. The general discussion, and the general rpg are full of inane boring posts, i diddnt do worse than any of them .
No seriously i am all about free speech , this isnt the case anymore,that was the strong point of codex.First you get dungeon siege 3 threads moved into general ,for no reasons other than a mod wanting to feel his allmighty thread moving admin power, then grimoire is a sacred cow now ?
id tell him to shove his moderation where the sun never shine but i suspect he enjoys it.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
That honestly was my bad Mortmal. I didn't mean to retardo it. Could you create the topic again? As it is rather fascinating the site is down. *GASP*

Mortmal

Arcane
Off course not ! youll have to recreate the thread yourself as well as adding a formal apology for good measure, some self whipping would do too.
You hurt my feeling deeply as well as my 0% thread retardoed rating,Its like soiling a perfectly pure maiden , its like loosing my virginity, so now you have to compensate!

racofer

Thread Incliner
We should start having any RPG related topic being created here, at Site Feedback, safe from the grasps of the retardo hounds.

Alex

Arcane
@Jaesun

That is a relief to hear, as I was worried that, after so many delays, the Codex had started to consider discussion about Grimoire trolling.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
No sentence, save for this one, should ever contain both the words 'Grimoire' and 'canceled' ever again.

It is quite uncouth.

ironyuri

If threads are being removed because of the server problems then why the fuck are Propser, Liberal and Andhaira allowed to make threads and/or post whatsoever?

There are something like 15 Prosper II threads in gd with no replies and they're brand fucking new. Why haven't they A) been retardo'd or B) has Prosper not had his posting rights revoked?

Fuck.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
yuri, it's because everyone, including DU, has all Prosper entities on full ignore. Try it. Believe me, it's stress-relieving.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh....

ironyuri

Crispy said:
yuri, it's because everyone, including DU, has all Prosper entities on full ignore. Try it. Believe me, it's stress-relieving.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh....

I also have Prosper on permanent ignore, but I doubt everyone putting him on ignore will decrease the load on the server when he's still making threads and spamming threads.

The same goes for Glyphwright and Andhaira. Lots of threads. Threads get sent tor retardo but not deleted, so server load can't be getting lessened that way, so why the fuck not just stop them making threads or posting in the first place?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Slight misrepresentation of how http servers work there.

ironyuri

SCO said:
Slight misrepresentation of how http servers work there.

Alex said:
? I understand the Codex has taken a more hardliner stance toward useless discussion since the troubles with the server started, but I really see nothing wrong with that specific topic.

I was going from what Alex wrote. Assuming that post load and viewing load is part of the problem.

If not, we should get rid of Prosper just in case. You can never be too safe with these things, right?

Jason

chasing a bee
I was going from what Alex wrote. Assuming that post load and viewing load is part of the problem.
Has nothing to do with that. Jaesun accidentally Retardo'd it (which is easy to do) but is not able to move things out of Retardo.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
First accidental retardo, next accidental butt secks.

You heard it hear first.

ironyuri

Jason said:
Has nothing to do with that. Jaesun accidentally Retardo'd it (which is easy to do) but is not able to move things out of Retardo.

Is there some sort of big button hovering next to every thread which says "RETARDO THIS THREAD ( DO NOT PRESS)"?

I know I would find it difficult not to press were that the case.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Cleve has more important things to do...

CLEVOS.gif

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Jasede said:
It's just part of the new policy.

You see, in the past we had no moderators, though sometimes the admins fucked around with someone. Now, however, we have this thing called "mods" and they pretty much have no idea what they are doing.

I wouldn't take it to heart, it's like this on every forum ever; they're just human and make mistakes, such as having been born.

:love:

We always had moderators, furfag.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom