Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why you should choose PS4 Pro over PS5 thread

Tehdagah

Arcane
Buy a Series S and sign Live both for Xbox and PC.

Potato Canon

Novice
PS4 Pro is totally useless since it does not improve frame rates. What good is 4k or whatever if it is still only 30fps (or less)? It is a scam. PS5 is the only way to play PS4 games with an acceptable frame rate, so they don't look like crap.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Not a single console has been worth buying since PS2. Some will say Switch, but it has been emulable from the get go.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Not a single console has been worth buying since PS2. Some will say Switch, but it has been emulable from the get go.
The PS3 had plenty of games that I would still not want to emulate since my PC is not a monster rig so you are wrong. You are also wrong because Bloodborne is still on PS4 and nothing else. People that say consoles are not worth buying just don't play those kinds of games or they have enough money for an up to date PC. I mean the Switch can be emulated if you have a real good computer but if you don't you probably own a console or two due to not being autistic and rich.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I mean not really since you can just pirate all GOG shit and own it, or buy it and own it, but for new shit - I have always had to supplement a console because I DON'T MAKE A HUNDRED GRAND A YEAR. I NEVER HAVE OR WILL. I CANNOT AFFORD A NEW GPU.

I do play more PC than console currently though due to a small upgrade two years ago. It's just been a cycle I have had to go through mostly when I was younger and worked more. I think some people cannot comprehend how other people live. Some people would rather spend money on a new gun or an upgrade on their vehicle (since it transports you places and is useful) as opposed to buying a new GPU for their PC. Some people would rather buy lots of narcotics to make the pain go away as well. Some people would rather spend 300 bucks instead of 700 bucks. And yeah I would need to spend that to warrant another upgrade to the next level. Probably a lot more due to the GPU prices. Plus I need more than just a GPU.

Long story short I have a decent PC and I cannot emulate PS3 games I want so please autists fuck off and die with your inability to understand how other people live in the world.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
The PS4 Pro is a much better system than the base console for sure but the incremental upgrades in console cycles have made me buy them even less than I did before, so I think they are over saturating the market with too many variants. Then again I am the guy that buys the console when it is on fire sale.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Which showed me they want to milk you out of TWO CONSOLE PURCHASES per cycle now so I am opting out of this generation right up until the end again. At that point if you are paying full price you could build a decent computer, but I don't know who buys these things at launch anymore. They never really did have good launch titles. The best one on PS5 is a remake.

I still can't believe people were telling you to use some netbook to play games on. My wife has one that I wanted to catch on fire it was so slow just to browse on the net much less play games.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
2615979-ps4gaystation.jpg

mkultra

Augur
Almost all the good games from PS are coming to PC, so invest the money in a PC. On a PC you can pirate games and that's the way to do it for the "AAA" games because many of them are pushing propaganda (never, ever pay for propaganda).
I'll keep mine, it's collecting dust (but so is my $10K modular synth rig right now), who knows, maybe PSVR2 will have something decent.. i had the PS4 Pro for like 1 or 2 games, to me it's worth it if the games are great and unobtainable otherwise.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Wanted to replace my PS4's thermal paste. The console is much too loud. It sits outside my room like a bad dog, connected with a long HDMI cable that goes under the door. Turns out you can't even replace the thermal paste without a goddamn soldering iron. Look at that cable laid across the plate. It's soldered on one side and fixed into some kind of perma-plug on the other. The motherboard plate also has the plate behind screwed in from the other side. I mean that those screws appear to be PART of that other plate. PlayStations are really uncivilized. Both dismantling videos I watched didn't go into taking off the motherboard plate. More convenient my butt, SumDrunkGuy.

DSC01842.jpg

DSC01843.jpg

DSC01844.jpg

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They do that on purpose, it use to be fairly easy to install mod chips on the ps1 and ps2. I installed quite a few of them back in the day.

Mod chips to play bootleg games that is.

Devastator

Learned
I still use my fat OG PS4. Mainly because I play most games on PC. Also because it adds that sub-30 FPS goodness to Bloodborne. It enhances the fucked up frame pacing so nicely. It's the only way to play the game authentically.

P.S. The noise of its fan also awakens all sorts of retro feelings. It sings to me.

SumDrunkGuy

Fuck Songay I'm done with them. I'll never buy another piece of shit hardware from the worthless chinks again. If I ever buy another game system it's gonna be American.

SumDrunkGuy

You guys were right. You've never steered me wrong in the past and you told me not to do it but I did it anyways and now I'm stuck with a useless piece of shit. I have beer and vodka to sing me to sleep tonight. Need a brief respite from this neverending nightmare.

The main point of my videos is the default character is a nigger and my new playstation is now fucked.

SumDrunkGuy

Who's the fag that keeps talking over the video?
If you stfu he will speak. Ignoring him does no good. Just shoosh.

Let me express my slow death. It's the only thing I have to give. Until then you show appeciation you faggot fuck. Be thankful I gave you time

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Almost all the good games from PS are coming to PC

As a PS5 owner, I can confidently say there are almost no good games on it.

It's basically Horizon: Forbidden West (which isn't even as good as the first game) and Astro's Playroom.

I heard Returnal is good but I haven't played it yet.

Everything else is a PS4 remaster.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You guys were right. You've never steered me wrong in the past and you told me not to do it but I did it anyways and now I'm stuck with a useless piece of shit. I have beer and vodka to sing me to sleep tonight. Need a brief respite from this neverending nightmare.

The main point of my videos is the default character is a nigger and my new playstation is now fucked.

No shit, people tried to give you good advice, but you always have that superiority complex that makes you think you're smarter than 10 other people who all advise you against (or for) something.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I know Konjad I'm still workin on it. I only pretend to blow you bros off, I always take in what ur sayin. I just gotta soak this fuckup extra hard. I'm listening and im fuckin sorry

I'm just having flashbacks of rehab and if's fuckin me up. I'm okay

less drugs for you

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
My favorite people i met in rehab and that includes big butt girls

pro-tip: you can meet big butt girls outside of rehab too, and they usually come with less drug issues

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom