Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wii U RPGs

circ

Arcane
Not that I'm buying one but I looked over some Wii U stuff and there's nothing in RPG upcoming except DA 3, well ME3 was available too. LOLOL. But why buy a Wii U for that when you can play it, well if you have to, on a PC? So I then looked at the Wii library of RPGs and although it's over 4 years old, a total of 4 or 5 RPGs was all it got. Is Nintendo just really not wanting RPGs for its systems anymore or what's going on? Possibly there's a whole lot more in NIPPON I wouldn't know, and no one abroad wants to translate?

Mortmal

Arcane
I cant remember many rpg on the old wii either, played xenoblade and pandora's tower, those are highly recommended if you own one. On wii U nothing on the rader except this, and even theres never any guarantee of anything released as those games are considered too sophisticated for the unwashed masses of europe and usa.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
I cant remember many rpg on the old wii either, played xenoblade and pandora's tower, those are highly recommended if you own one. On wii U nothing on the rader except this, and even theres never any guarantee of anything released as those games are considered too sophisticated for the unwashed masses of europe and usa.

I wonder what Monolith manages to do with X in terms of enviroment. Xenoblade was more impressive than a lot of other games.

Actually, it's hard for me to name any other game that can compete.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Can't say my Wii U is paying dividends just yet. I'd recommend waiting for a price reduction if you're at all interested.
As for upcoming RPGs, I have no idea. I am hoping there'll be some niche titles, like there were for the Wii.

SearchEngine

Learned
I'm surprised that none of the DS rpgs went to the Wii. You'd think the fact that literally everyone and their grandma owns a Wii, it would've helped games like Infinite Space or The Dark Spire get more attention. The Dark Spire could appeal to the parents who used to play Wizardry and kids would've enjoyed having a longer version of Mario & Luigi: Bower's Inside Story. The 3DS would probably not be any different than the DS in that department as well.

GhostBadger

Every time I see "Wii U" I want to pronounce it "Weeaboo"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom