Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competition Win a Royal Edition copy of Pillars of Eternity!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Pillars of Eternity; Short Story Competition

We have one, count it, one Royal Edition copy of Pillars of Eternity to give away! This is just like a regular full edition of Pillars of Eternity except it includes the following:

Digital Novella by Chris Avellone: A digital novella that focus on the backstory of some of the more interesting characters that players may encounter over the course of their travels in Pillars of Eternity.

Collector’s Book PDF: Digital version of the book that is being published by Dark Horse. It contains lots of information and art on the setting, story, and creatures of Pillars of Eternity. 112 pages.

Hi-res Concept Art pieces: High resolution pieces of our concept art. Contains everything from concepts of areas and creatures to props and mood pieces.

Digital Strategy Guide: Digital version of our strategy guide from Prima penned by the same writer of the Fallout: New Vegas guide. Contains all the information players will need to master Pillars of Eternity and reveal all of the content available.

Digital Original Soundtrack: This soundtrack contains many of the game's music tracks performed by a live orchestra. Contains at least 17 tracks in MP3 and FLAC formats.

Digital Campaign Almanac: The Campaign Almanac contains everything related to the lore, history, and world of Eora as originally told by Hylsman Horag and revised by the Hand Occult. The 35 page almanac has commentary provided by a variety of authors and is an engrossing read for anyone keen to delve deeper into the world of the Pillars of Eternity.

Making of Documentary: A video documentary of the entire Pillars of Eternity development process - from beginning to end. Includes commentary from the developers and behind the scenes footage of game shows and events.

Digital Hi-res Game Map: A high resolution map of Eora's Eastern Reach. Details include locations that players will be traveling to and locations that they may be seen in future Pillars of Eternity products.

Wallpapers: High resolution and multi-monitor wallpapers of cool concept art and in-game artwork.

Ringtones: Short clips of sounds and music from Pillars of Eternity. Perfect as mobile ringtones.​

... and of course it comes with the actual game itself. If you want this to be all yours, all you have to do is:

Write a piece of speculative fiction dramatizing the fateful AD&D session that put J.E. Sawyer on the path to ultimate balance.

Post your entry in the comments for this news item. Our esteemed panel of judges (the staff) will then pick a winner.

Competition closes 31st March. So get your entries in. We will accept multiple entries per person. Judges' decision will be final. The prize will be delivered in the form of a digital Steam key.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
:lol:

mSFXk2a.gif

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I won't be entering - I've got at least 2 digital copies and a physical disc. Good luck to the winner. I wanna read some good stories about this [popcorn.gif]

Copper

Savant
You have to be able to at least beat the story from the introduction to The Riddle of Steel, in which our gallant hero realises that he can continue to fight a horde of orcs for the next 3-4 sessions, or just jump off a 100+ foot cliff and walk away from the whole mess.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
But does he have all the collector's shit?

Probably. How many hundred dollars did you pledge to this again, Sensuki? The Royal Edition isn't that expensive: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71253-tiers-to-skus/

Count me in and if I win it, I'll use it for my country to pay its debt.

You do notice that this isn't just a raffle, right:

Write a piece of speculative fiction dramatizing the fateful AD&D session that put J.E. Sawyer on the path to ultimate balance.

Post your entry in the comments for this news item. Our esteemed panel of judges (the staff) will then pick a winner.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I backed the game so I don't need a copy, but I'd like to submit a pitch for the next Obsidian game as an alternative. If I win, I'll give the key to Sensuki or an equally worthy individual.

Project Infinity Plus One
By Obsidian Entertainment​

Obsidian Entertainment and our legendary game designers Chris Avellone, Tim Cain, and Josh Sawyer are excited to bring you a new role-playing game for the PC. Since the Black Isle days we paid homage (or made sequels when the fortune smiled upon us) to the great Bioware games of years past, recapturing their magic, imagination, and depth and distilling them for a more demanding audience.

Our latest title is already being heralded as Baldur's Gate of 2015 and while we're already hard at work on Baldur's Gate 2 of 2018, we want to bring back yet another long forgotten classic.

Project Infinity Plus One (working title) aims to recapture the space magic and sexual escapades of Commander Shepard... and that’s why we’re here - we need your help to make it a reality!

Project Infinity Plus One will take the central hero, memorable companions and the epic exploration of Mass Effect, add in the fun, intense combat and dungeon diving of Dungeon Siege, and tie it all together with the emotional writing and mature thematic exploration of South Park.

Combat uses a tactical real-time with pause system - equipping your party members with weapons is one of the keys to success. The space map is dotted with unique planets and asteroids ripe for exploration and questing. You’ll play the role of a great hero - Commander Sephard and collect companions along the way – taking him or her not just through this story, but, with your continued support, through future adventures. You will engage in dialogues that are deep, and offer many choices to determine the fate of you and your party. …and you'll experience a story that explores mature themes and presents you with complex, difficult choices to shape how your story plays out.

We are excited at this chance to create something new, yet reminiscent of those great games and we want you to be a part of it as well.

shot0020.jpg

hivemind

I don't really know a thing about AD&D but here is a simple haiku so I don't feel like I completely passed on chance to win free stuff.

rules confuse the eyes
an interesting char dies
others must be spared

Edit:
playing with words is actually kinda fun so here is an alternative version of the haiku

rules confuse the eyes
a real fun character dies
others must be spared

Last edited by a moderator:

hiver

I backed the game so I don't need a copy, but I'd like to submit a pitch for the next Obsidian game as an alternative.
You sound bitter. :M
?

Can't be more excited about PoE. As far as I'm concerned, there is only one studio left that knows how to make role-playing games and that's Obsidian.

You an Inxile arent friends anymore? The awesome wasteland 2, remember?

There goes that twiter mention of AoD you were hoping for.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I genuinely enjoyed WL2, which is why I agreed to write a review in the first place. I also enjoyed MMX and LoG2 and would have praised them if I had time to review them (especially LoG2). However, when it comes to a certain quality of RPG, only Obsidian is uniquely qualified to deliver. Torment 2 might change that but it still remains to be seen.

If I wanted a twit from Fargo (or anyone else), I would have asked.

Raapys

Arcane
Meh, I've lots of respect for some of the individual developers at Obsidian, but as a company they still have a lot to prove even if they are uniquely qualified.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Meh, I've lots of respect for some of the individual developers at Obsidian, but as a company they still have a lot to prove even if they are uniquely qualified.

They are the only Developer out there that puts actual cRPG mechanics in their games. What else do you need?

Raapys

Arcane
They are the only Developer out there that puts actual cRPG mechanics in their games. What else do you need?
I've no idea what that statement means, and I also suspect it's false regardless of how you end up defining it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom