Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Wiping all out.

Who's hotter?

• Junpei Iori.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Akihiko Sanada.

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Ken Amada.

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Shinjiro Aragaki.

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Theodore.

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Koromaru.

Votes: 15 48.4%

• Total voters

Renegen

Arcane
Haven't played the PSP version but Persona 4 is better in every way to Persona 3.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Love the cattish commentary; this isn't the kind of game I'd usually consider playing, but the writing makes is entertaining to read :thumbsup:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Sukeban Cho

I am liking what you've done with our heroine and her alter-ego. With the actual protagonist I almost hear humble, respectful and polite forms... in English. She is more Japanese than the Japanese in this game. The alter-ego (true-er self?) instead of being the an opposite, is more direct, and frank, kinda offering another perspective on events. Anyway, the squabbles of both are an entertaining read. :thumbsup:

I am uncertain about the combat system and dungeon crawling aspect of this game. I've not been the greatest fan of the gameplay design in Persona 4. Frankly, i had more fun with SMT: Nocturne.

I have been kind of sick lately, and I probably could do with a bit more rest. I will update a bit slower for a while, so I can go to sleep earlier every day. And start answering all those PM and emails I have been delaying, since we are at it.

Do rest, and do not overdo with the pace of updates. 3 updates of this size a week is a max, I reckon (but then again, my own LPs kind of don't end ;) ).

Sukeban Cho

Erudite
Hmm, so battles are the usual JRPG fare.

They aren't, but it is hard to notice the differences until we get deeper into the game. They are the usual Shin Megami Tensei fare, instead: The focus is almost entirely put on the minigame-ish nature of the mechanics, and on buffing and debuffing. It feels more like a casual puzzle game than a JRPG, at times.

Which is part of the charm.

Do the Personae summons take a long time, as usual?

It depends on what you mean by as usual. Personae aren't really summons, in that every single attack you use, other than your basic strike, summons one. As Hirato said is no more than three or four seconds: Your characters shoots herself, the Persona appears, the attack is done.

If you don't grind you will barely notice it, but if you do give in to your inner Pokemon Trainer and grind to get the components to create awesome custom demons you will start missing the old games' faster attacks around the time you reach the third block.

Would be interesting to see an in-depth analysis of the differences between Persona 3 and 4 as far as their combat and dungeon crawling mechanics go.

I do not remember Persona 4's mechanics all that well, but I may load it for a bit to refresh my memory one of these days.

P3P mixes elements of both Persona 3 and Persona 4, though.

Love the cattish commentary; this isn't the kind of game I'd usually consider playing, but the writing makes is entertaining to read

It makes me happy you are enjoying my little Let's Play. :hug: I hope I will not let you down later.

I am liking what you've done with our heroine and her alter-ego.

I am glad you like it so far. :hug:

I've not been the greatest fan of the gameplay design in Persona 4. Frankly, i had more fun with SMT: Nocturne.

Nocturne is one of the best, if not the best, Shin Megami Tensei game, combat wise.

But you must not face terrible choices like "Should I go out with Akihiko today, or do something with Yukari? Gee, either way I am missing on the cultural film marathon. There goes the schedule on my plan of raising Academics for the next round of exams." and whom to go to the festival with, which makes Nocturne inherently inferior. :obviously:

Edit:

I just found this piece of Persona 3 fanart that has the Persona 3 cast cosplaying as the Persona 4 cast, which I will post here for the lulz just because Persona 3's female protagonist is dressed like an actual Sukeban on it.

2012-02-23-478303.png

Mrowak

Arcane
I am liking what you've done with our heroine and her alter-ego.

I am glad you like it so far. :hug:

I've not been the greatest fan of the gameplay design in Persona 4. Frankly, i had more fun with SMT: Nocturne.

Nocturne is one of the best, if not the best, Shin Megami Tensei game, combat wise.

But you must not face terrible choices like "Should I go out with Akihiko today, or do something with Yukari? Gee, either way I am missing on the cultural film marathon. There goes the schedule on my plan of raising Academics for the next round of exams." and whom to go to the festival with, which makes Nocturne inherently inferior. :obviously:

Haha. Yeah, while playing Persona 4 I found myself much more interested in all the side and subplots there were regarding various characters - my team members and other people. Those simple stories, deprived of any supernatural element, with no real gameplay whatsoever, were much more interesting than actually fighting demons of the netherworld. It is strange that when the quest deadline approached, I only thought about maxing out the relationships with the teammates, and hoped I could get this over with the dungeons.

o_O

I just found this piece of Persona 3 fanart that has the Persona 3 cast cosplaying as the Persona 4 cast, which I will post here for the lulz just because Persona 3's female protagonist is dressed like an actual Sukeban on it.

2012-02-23-478303.png

Wait, is Akihiko Sanada cosplaying Satonaka Chie? o_O

Sukeban Cho

Erudite
Chapter the sixth:
Vanessa Nyah and the basics of fusion.

I wanted to fit all of April 22 on a single update so we can start exploring Tartarus in the update right afterwards, but as it was growing to be quite huge I decided to cut this part and add it on its own. I will post the update proper later.

P3P%20005122.jpg

igor.jpg
Welcome to the Velvet Room.

vanessa.jpg
Thank you for receiving us this late, sir.

igor.jpg
Well... I suppose it's time for me to explain what I really do here. It is my job to create new Personas.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Personae.

igor.jpg
But in order to do so, I must fuse your Persona cards together... In other words, I shall merge them into a single Persona. The number of Personas...

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Tch.

igor.jpg
...you have buried within you is approximately 170. We've never seen a visitor with this many possibilities before...

vanessa.jpg
...I fear for the sanity of whomever is roleplaying me...

igor.jpg
If you establish Social Links, you may be able to create even stronger Personas, too.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
If you don't mind spending half of your life trying combinations after unlocking their fusions, he means.

igor.jpg
Heh heh heh... This should prove veeeery interesting.

vanessa.jpg
It is my hope not to let you down, sir.

igor.jpg
So, as you accumulate cards, please bring them to me. If you wish to learn about fusing Personas in more detail then talk to me so that I may give you some hints.

vanessa.jpg
Please do so, sir. I would very much like a better understanding on the basics of fusion.

igor.jpg
My role is to create new Personas. By fusing your existing Personas together, I allow a new one to emerge. When a new Persona is created, it tends to be of higher level than the ones that were fused. However, Personas that are fused are lost forever.

vanessa.jpg
By forever you mean...

renegade_vanessa.jpg
He means we will need to recruit a new one and train it from the very beginning if we want a replacement. That or pay a steep fee to spawn them from our compendium, once we get one.

vanessa.jpg
I understand.

igor.jpg
Since the process requires multiple Personas, you will be left with fewer than you had before... Which powers will you forsake in order to gain new ones? It is up to you to decide.

hivemind-sama.jpg
He must be lying. We all know there is no such as thing as choices and consequences in japanese role playing games.

vanessa.jpg
Right now you mentioned Social Links, sir. Could you tell me a little more about them?

igor.jpg
Persona is the power of your soul, which thrives on the bonds you have with others. Thus, it is only natural that Social Links affect the strenght of your Personas. If you have established a Social Link of the same Arcana as the Persona you wish to create then that Persona will receive power from the Social Link and level up. The amount of power it will receive depends on the level of the Social Link. In some cases, your Persona may even surpass your own level. *chuckle*

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Which is the only situation in which we will be able to command a Persona more powerful than we are.

igor.jpg
Do you understand now how important Social Links are to Persona-users?

vanessa.jpg
They appear to be very important, sir.

igor.jpg
There are several types of fusion. First, the Normal Spread... This is the most basic type. You simply fuse two Personas together. Next, the Triangle Spread... In this type of fusion, three Personas are used to produce a Persona of an even higher order. Supposedly, certain Personas can only be created through Triangle Spread fusion...

vanessa.jpg
Is there a method to predicting the outcome of fusions, other than trial and error?

igor.jpg
In general, Persona fusion exhibits predictable patterns dependent on the Arcana involved. There are a number of combinations, however, that don't follow the usual patterns. For example, fusing Personas of the same Arcana... The best way to learn is to experiment on your own.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Tell her also about skill inheritance.

igor.jpg
A Persona created through fusion may inherit the skills possessed by its precursors. In other words, it's possible to give a Persona skills that it could never learn on its own. You should keep this in mind when you're trying to create a powerful Persona.

vanessa.jpg
Please, sir, tell me more about the rules governing this process.

igor.jpg
The mechanism of skill inheritance is not completely understood, but there are three key points I'd like to share with you. First, the skills to be inherited change every time you select a Persona for fusion.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
By which he means we will cancel and retry the same fusion over and over gain until we manage to force her to inherit the skills we want her to, or close enough.

igor.jpg
Second, the chance of a skill being inherited depends on what the expected Persona is.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
By which he means both the time and the effort invested on the previous point will be many times for naught.

igor.jpg
Lastly, the more skills the original Personas possess, the more skills the resulting Persona will inherit. Please remember this.

vanessa.jpg
I will do so, sir.

igor.jpg
Allow me to explain more about skill inheritance. For each Persona, there are skills that can be inherited, and those that cannot. It is primarily determined by the Persona's characteristics... Here are some general rules: Personas proficient at physical attacks are unlikely to inherit magic attacks. Regarding magic attacks... let us first discuss Fire, Ice, Electricity and Wind. A Persona with an affinity for one of these four elements cannot inherit skills of the other three types. Likewise, Personas with an affinity for Light will never inherit Dark skills, and vice versa.

vanessa.jpg
This is complicated.

igor.jpg
Meanwhile, Personas proficient at healing cannot inherit any physical attacks. As you'd expect, Personas good at physical attacks tend to be bad at magic, and very few Personas can wield magic of multiple elements.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
They aren't really THAT rare.

igor.jpg
Even more rare are Personas who can inherit any skill, although they do exist.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
And most of them are linked to The Fool themselves.

igor.jpg
You will learn more, by and by, as you experiment with fusion.

vanessa.jpg
Is there any other way to give particular skills to a Persona?

igor.jpg
Skill cards let you seal skills and teach them to any Persona. For example, if you were to use an "Agi" card on a Persona, that Persona would then learn "Agi". Even if the skill is one that cannot be passed down through fusion, it seems Personas can learn via skill cards... Also, if the Persona you wish to teach the skill to already has eight skills in its current repertoire you will be able to choose which skill to discard.

vanessa.jpg
Thank you very much for telling me this, sir. I am sure this knowledge will be useful to me.

igor.jpg
I've also heard that skill cards can be copied somewhere... It would be best for you to learn about that yourself through trial and error.

vanessa.jpg
Given how useful they seem to be, I have to ask... Are there any other kinds of cards I should keep an eye out for?

igor.jpg
Are you familiar with the Minor Arcana cards? They depict coins, swords, and whatnot. Of those, the face cards -- the Page, Knight, Queen and King -- hold special powers: They are called Incense Cards, and they can enhance Personas' abilities.

vanessa.jpg
I understand.

igor.jpg
These cards' effects can be passed on through fusion to new Personas. If you happen to acquire one, you should give it a try.

vanessa.jpg
I will do as you say, sir. I am grateful for all the advice and wisdom you have imparted on us. I look forward to seeing you work this art you know so well.

igor.jpg
I regret to inform you of this, but our powers are not perfect. Although rare, there are times when the cards are placed incorrectly, causing an accident. The resulting Persona will most likely be different than what we anticipated. Please pardon us if this does occur...

vanessa.jpg
It is understandable, sir. And, once more, thank you very much for your time and patience.

Afterwards she left the Velvet Room, returning to the entrance to Tartarus. Soon later all SEES members returned to the dormitory, tonight's mission having ended.

lightbane

Arcane
Remember kids, according to P3, unlike what (terrible) mangas say, being an aggravating emo loner without friends will be your downfall.

He must be lying. We all know there is no such as thing as choices and consequences in japanese role playing games.

*takes a deep breath* Nocturne, Strange Journey, Devil Survivor, Steambot Chronicles, BoF 1-4, Radiant Historia, Radiata Stories, Infinite Space... Say otherwise.

Sukeban Cho

Erudite
Looking forward to the next update!

:love:

Remember kids, according to P3, unlike what (terrible) mangas say, being an aggravating emo loner without friends will be your downfall.

otaku.jpg
You are rong! Being an aggravating emo loner is the prerequisite for a magical girlfriend to appear in your life and save you from yourself!

*takes a deep breath* Nocturne, Strange Journey, Devil Survivor, Steambot Chronicles, BoF 1-4, Radiant Historia, Radiata Stories, Infinite Space... Say otherwise.

hivemind-sama.jpg
Tch. All those games are japanese, therefore have no choices and consequences. Q.E.D. The sistine chapel, now, that's some finely crafted C&C right there.

In any case I voted for the dog. And is this a Visual Novel, a Dungeon Crawler or both?

A mixture of visual novel, dungeon crawler, and life sim. So far we have seen mostly the visual novel. From the update after the next one there will be several updates focused on Vanessa, Yukari, Junpei, and everyone's imaginary friends ascending the first block of Tartarus... several times, because I love my Pokemon Training. From then on there will be a good deal of life siming until we hit the first real boss.

Haha, yes, totally. The formula just works, regardless of how bad it sounds on paper. Now if they just added some of Devil Survivor's long term consequencing and made Persona 2's urban myth manipulation a standard element of the series...

Wait, is Akihiko Sanada cosplaying Satonaka Chie? o_O

Of course! They are the only two unarmed fighters. :P

And they would be a cute couple if a crossover game was made. :oops:

Sukeban Cho

Erudite
Chapter the seventh:
Touring with ball and chain.

P3P%20005435.jpg

P3P%20005437.jpg

akihiko_normal3.jpg
But man... things have been real crazy these past couple days. Are you all right? You must be confused since you've just transferred here too.

vanessa.jpg
I am well, Sanada-San. Thank you for asking.

akihiko_smile3.jpg
Wow, that's impressive. You're completely different from Junpei. On the other hand, I'm so bored that I feel like I'm going to die...

akihiko_grin3.jpg
...Hey, is there any way I can sneak in on the fight? Maybe I could get past Mitsuru if I wear Junpei's hat?

akihiko_U_U3.jpg
...No, nevermind. The consequences wouldn't be worth it...

They enter the school. Later...

P3P%20005458.jpg

Student: Next, we'll hear a word from the Student Council. Please welcome the new President, Mitsuru Kirijo, from Class 3-D.

mitsuru_normal_audi.jpg
Thank you.

yukari_normal_audi.jpg
So, she did get elected. Well... I guess she IS the most popular girl in school.

junpei_D=_audi.jpg
You can say that again! There's like some kinda aura around her...

junpei_normal_audi.jpg
Besides, this school's owned by the Kirijo Group, right?

vanessa.jpg
...so much for the aura theory...

mitsuru_normal_audi.jpg
As I begin my term as a Student Council President, I'd like to share with you my vision for this coming year. It is my firm belief that each of us must accept the responsibility of bettering our school. However, change cannot occur without sustained effort and an unprecedented level of commitment. That is why we must restructure our daily lives to accommodate this lofty goal. I'd like each of you to dig deeply into your well of motivation, and re-evaluate your convictions, to imagine a bold new future without losing sight of the realities around you. That is the key.

vanessa.jpg
...school politics are serious business...

mitsuru_normal_audi.jpg
I am certain that many of you have your own visions of the future... For us to reap the full benefits of our education, your paticipation, ideas, and enthusiasm are essential. Thank you.

junpei_O.O_audi.jpg
Dang... That was freakin' amazing...

renegade_vanessa.jpg
The iliterate are so impressionable.

junpei_normal_audi.jpg
Hey, did you understand what she was talking about?

vanessa.jpg
I did, yes.

junpei_O.O_audi.jpg
Huh? Seriously? Man, you're smart... Sure didn't sound like somethin' a high schooler would say...

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Appropriate, when she said nothing.

junpei_O.O_audi.jpg
If it was anyone else, we'd be laughin' our assess off.

P3P%20005516.jpg

P3P%20005519.jpg

toriumi_normal.jpg
... You know what? I'm tired of these textbooks. I just went over this novel in the last class. I've got a great poem we can cover instead. Close your textbooks, everyone, and listen...

P3P%20005524.jpg

providence.jpg
You feel tired... Close your eyes for a few minutes?

vanessa.jpg
I thank you for the offer, O Lord, but I actually enjoy literature teachers who love their work.

toriumi_angry.jpg
All right, Kenji, you'd better not be sleeping back there! You should be ashamed of yourself, taking a nap while I pour my heart into reading this poem! For that, you get another essay along with your regular assignment tonight! I'll expect a slice of cake when you turn it in, too! And don't cheap out with the store-bought stuff like last time!

vanessa.jpg
I love this teacher already.

providence.jpg
You stayed up and listened to the lecture... Your Academics has increased.

P3P%20005549.jpg

flying_nanako-chan.jpg
*poof* Baby Sha, Sha, Sha, what the hell are you?

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Ah, this is a good one.

flying_nanako-chan.jpg
I'm whimpering, whimpering, crying!

vanessa.jpg
Wait! Stop right there, this is not After School!

flying_nanako-chan.jpg
Sha, sha, sha, my heart keeps pit-a-pating today.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
It could be argued After School is not Orange Caramel, yet Orange Caramel is After School.

flying_nanako-chan.jpg
Baby sha, sha, sha, oh my shanghai love!

vanessa.jpg
That would be naught but cheating!

flying_nanako-chan.jpg
You are so conceited!

renegade_vanessa.jpg
And now you'll say I look right handed to you, right?

Meanwhile, deep within our heroines' own delusional realm...

P3P%20005551.jpg

P3P%20005562.jpg

vanessa.jpg
Does this really means I can start deciding what to do with my time, or are they just teasing me?

renegade_vanessa.jpg
They are probably just teasing us. Do not drop your guard yet.

Our heroine uses the notebook on her desk to save the game, then starts talking with those students still in the classroom. A male student with neither name nor portrait tells her the Tennis and Volleyball teams will open to new members two days from now, and then she finds Junpei looking out the window. One could say he looks thoughtful, were he not Junpei we are talking about.

junpei_normal.jpg
Dude, Mitsuru-senpai's speech this morning was crazy. I heard no one was even close to her in the election. Considering her background, I don't know why they bothered.

vanessa.jpg
I do not believe I understand all of what you mean by that.

junpei_normal.jpg
Let's face it, we're all just plain ordinary compared to her, man.

She also finds a girl with neither portrait nor name that offers to give her directions if she ever gets lost, and a guy of similar description talking some nonsense about being on a diet. It is near this last one she meets the first Akihiko fangirl of her career.

Female student: You're the transfer student everyone's talking about, right? The one who moved into the dorm where Akihiko-senpai lives?

vanessa.jpg
I am her, yes.

Female student: I've always wanted to talk to you.

vanessa.jpg
It is fine with me, if you so desire.

Female student: Really? Great. Then could you be a pal and tell me everything about Akihiko-senpai? His favorite foods, his type of girl, how he spends his days off, and...

renegade_vanessa.jpg
I'm terribly sorry, but they say being a loser can be contagious. Ta-ta.

Vanessa leaves the classroom with the intention of exploring the school. Just outside she meets the first Mitsuru fan of her career.

P3P%20005626.jpg

Female Student: Mitsuru-senpai's speech was sooo cool! I voted for her! Everyone else looks so small compared to Mitsuru-senpai. *sigh* Mitsuru-senpai...

vanessa.jpg
Oh, my. Look at the time... I am very sorry to say I must go. Good evening.

From here she goes on to walk around the school looking for something interesting to do or learn. However...

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Newsflash! Some girl decided to drop out from highschool.

vanessa.jpg
The envy is eating away at me.

pixie.jpg
Did you hear, did you hear? That girl said, like, parents who nag about studying totally suck! I should write this down, yay.

orpheus.jpg
And over there it was said, what is this tree? what does it represents?

hivemind-sama.jpg
Tch! Curse these yellow untermensch! What can change the nature of the tree? That ponders the true gentleman.

orpheus.jpg
A lady, she was.

hivemind-sama.jpg
You never know.

vanessa.jpg
There are indeed abysses with no bottom.

Time passes...

P3P%20005686.jpg

Female Student: It's hard to read... It doesn't look like English... And if you listen close, you can hear mysterious voices inside... It's one awfully mysterious home economics class, let me tell you.

vanessa.jpg
Thank you for the story. You have piqued my interest, for certain.

Our heroine finds her way to the Home Economics room, and...

providence.jpg
There's a note on the door. It appears to be a mixture of Japanese and some other language. In order for you to understand it, you need to improve your Academics. You must be at least Average.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
This must be the Attention Whores club. *shrug* Let's go elsewhere.

More time passes...

vanessa.jpg
I fail to understand the point of allowing only males to be part of natation teams.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Not to mention giving us free rein just to have nothing to do.

pixie.jpg
Extra! Extra!

vanessa.jpg
What is it, Pixie-san?

pixie.jpg
The schedule for the first term has been, like, totally posted on the bulleting board!

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Anything interesting?

pixie.jpg
Like, I don't know. Let's see... Midterms begin the eighteenth of may, and finals the fourteenth of july.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Damns are not being given.

pixie.jpg
And then there's a bunch of breaks and stuff.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Now, that's a good girl. *throws pixie a cheeto*

Even more time passes...

vanessa.jpg
Good evening, sir.

P3P%20005844.jpg

vanessa.jpg
I was...

edogawa.jpg
However, keep in mind that you are interrupting my, um... scholarly pursuits.

vanessa.jpg
I am very sorr...

edogawa.jpg
...You seem healthy enough. My eyes cannot be deceived!

vanessa.jpg
But I just wante...

edogawa.jpg
Now, get back to class!

vanessa.jpg
Yet it is already ov...

providence.jpg
It seems he will only see you if you are sick or tired.

Later...

P3P%20005862.jpg

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Ah, the joy!

providence.jpg
......?

vanessa.jpg
What is it, O Lord?

providence.jpg
There's a commotion at the front gate...

Akihiko Fan: Look, it's Akihiko-senpai!

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Their voices... *twitch*

Giddy Schoolgirl: Wait for us!

vanessa.jpg
...the pain...

akihiko_normal_ev.jpg

junpei_smile2.jpg
Man, would you look at that? I hear they're always swarming Akihiko-senpai like that.

junpei_D=_ev.jpg
I know he's the captain of the boxing team, but... I mean, come one! You don't even see girls flock like that on TV!

vanessa.jpg
I take it you are not very interested in asian pop, Iori-San.

junpei_D=_ev.jpg
I wonder where they're going...

Akihiko goes straight to the group.

akihiko_normal_ev.jpg
Hey, are you guys free this afternoon?

junpei_O.O_ev.jpg
Huh? Who, us!? I... guess so...?

akihiko_normal_ev.jpg
I want the two of you to meet me at Paulownia Mall. You know where it is, right? I'll be at the police station.

vanessa.jpg
We will do as you say, Sanada-san.

akihiko_normal_ev.jpg
See ya there.

junpei_O.O_ev.jpg
Th-The police station? Uh, are your friends gonna come along, too?

akihiko_normal_ev.jpg
Who, these girls? I don't even know their names. They talk so much they give me a headache. Anyway, I'm gonna head out... Don't keep me waiting.

Akihiko Fan: Awww... Why can't he be more friendly? *sigh*

renegade_vanessa.jpg
*shudder*

junpei_O.O_ev.jpg
Man, how can he not know their names!? I mean, seriously! Just look at them!

vanessa.jpg
Yet that precisely is the reason he does not know their names, Iori-San.

junpei_D=_ev.jpg
Well, I guess we gotta go... Sheesh, talk about putting a damper on a guy's afternoon.

providence.jpg
The police station at the Paulownia Mall... You decide to head there with Junpei.

Junpei and our heroine are left by themselves at the school's entrance.

pixie.jpg
Oh, this is so totally cool!

vanessa.jpg
I do not understand, Pixie-San.

pixie.jpg
That guy, the weird lonely one? Just now he was mumbling to himself about, like, strange stories going around about students turned evil ghosties who eat people!

vanessa.jpg
This is very interesting. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

pixie.jpg
Wouldn't it be, like, super cool if it were true?

renegade_vanessa.jpg
I am confident all urban legends that reach us have at least a fair chance of being partially true.

pixie.jpg
Yay!

And, on the way out...

P3P%20005945.jpg

P3P%20005957.jpg

P3P%20005961.jpg

vanessa.jpg
It would seem they were not just teasing us, for once.

pixie.jpg
OoOoOoOoOh! Can we really go to all those places?

vanessa.jpg
Yet Sanada-san told us not be leave him waiting...

pixie.jpg
D'aww, C'moooon! People like us is actually expected to visit every nook and cranny before triggering the next plot event!

vanessa.jpg
I beg your pardon?

orpheus.jpg
The fluttering one, a point she has. Imagine! You meet this guy, the perfect guy... Yet locked out of his route you are, an optional event you missed! Alas.

vanessa.jpg
But... we really should not leave Sanada-san waiting for us...

orpheus.jpg
Ah, to sacrifice true love for duty! So admirable, our mistress.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Such is the profound strength of one willing to lose it all in one proper gesture.

orpheus.jpg
Wild flower of ancient Yamato, she.

vanessa.jpg
*whimper*

orpheus.jpg
Under the rain, against the gale! Of fairy kind the last prince, waited! And wept.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Cruel fate for a prince to be bound to the witch.

vanessa.jpg
I... It would be improper of me not to make sure there is no Prince-Sama waiting somewhere for me, would it not?

pixie.jpg
Super duper -totally- improper!

vanessa.jpg
Just a quick look around. Sanada-San will not even notice.

orpheus.jpg
Ah, the song of damnation is now one of redemption! And love.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
:bro:
orpheus.jpg
:bro:
pixie.jpg

And so it was that our heroine visited Port Island Station, with Junpei in tow.

P3P%20005993.jpg

vanessa.jpg
Such a quaint flower shop.

pixie.jpg
And... Lookie look! A theater!

Near the entrance a man comes to our heroine.

Man: Do you like movies?

vanessa.jpg
Very much so, sir.

Man: Me, too! Movies kick ass! I love them because they're like a microcosm of real life.

pixie.jpg
Let's watch a movie!

vanessa.jpg
We do not have much money left.

providence.jpg
Tickets cost 1500 yen for high school students.

orpheus.jpg
We have enough, alas!

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Not to mention a bothersome Junpei, a random cinephile, and a fine pair of puppy eyes.

vanessa.jpg
Alright, it sounds like fu...

junpei_normal.jpg
Dude, that's NOT the police station...

orpheus.jpg
Thou slayer of joy!

The party leaves the theater with a heavy heart. After, of course accidentally, eavesdroping on a true casanova and his mark...

P3P%20005967.jpg

P3P%20005970.jpg

... they find themselves walking down an alley behind the station.

pixie.jpg
Kitty ahoy!

P3P%20006039.jpg

pixie.jpg
Hello kitty!

vanessa.jpg
Please, do not do...

flying_nanako-chan.jpg
*poof*

vanessa.jpg
...that.

Meanwhile, deep within our heroine's own delusional realm...

vanessa.jpg
*sigh*

pixie.jpg
Oh, oh, oh! *flutters around* Lookie look here!

renegade_vanessa.jpg
A mahjong club?

vanessa.jpg
I do not believe we should be here.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Oh, c'mon. Just a peek.

providence.jpg
Cigarette smoke and a nervous tension fill the air.

P3P%20006046.jpg

vanessa.jpg
For once, he is quite right. Let us lea...

Punk: What's a chick like you doing here?

vanessa.jpg
Nothing, sir. I was just leaving.

Another Punk: You better get outta here before you get into some deep shit.

vanessa.jpg
I will do as you say. I am very sorry. Good evening.

After recovering of the scare she had just experienced our heroine arrives at the Iwatodai Strip Mall, with Junpei in tow.

P3P%20006084.jpg

P3P%20006103.jpg

P3P%20006110.jpg

P3P%20006117.jpg

P3P%20006130.jpg

P3P%20006137.jpg

P3P%20006152.jpg

P3P%20006158.jpg

P3P%20006160.jpg

Our heroine leaves the mall and continues her search for both a fairy tale prince waiting for her, his fated damsel, and a fun time to be had, now on the local station. She gets a contemplative cabbie instead of either. Yay.

P3P%20006171.jpg

Taxi Driver: But for cabbies like me... it's the same thing, year in, year out.

vanessa.jpg
Are you feeling well, sir?

Taxi Driver: I'm not feeling bad or nothin', just... I feel like I've done it all before, you know? Every year...

They ignore some little girl ranting on about her teacher and leave.

A bit later she arrives to the local shinto shrine, with Junpei still in tow.

P3P%20006238.jpg

P3P%20006239.jpg

P3P%20006246.jpg

vanessa.jpg
I beg your pardon?

Not very far from the shrine she finds a familiar place... with Junpei still in tow.

vanessa.jpg
Is this not our dormitory?

P3P%20006259.jpg

And thus, tired of listening to Junpei's constant whining our heroine takes the train to Paulownia Mall. Once there, however, it doesn't take long for her to go...

pixie.jpg
Oh, lookie look! An arcade!

P3P%20006301.jpg

vanessa.jpg
I am to meet someone, but this place did catch my fancy.

Male Student: If you wanna know about the games here, I can tell you all about 'em.

vanessa.jpg
I am very grateful for the offer, sir. Please tell me about the games available to play right now.

Male Student: You can play the quiz game today, or try the fortune-teller machine. The quiz game is pretty difficult... It's a good way to improve your academics.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
I see. And what about the other one?

Male Student: I'm not sure what good the fortune-teller machine does, but I hear you gain some kinda magic powers...

vanessa.jpg
*tilts head*

Male Student: Well, that about covers it.

vanessa.jpg
Thank you very much for your time.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Over there, isn't that a crane game?

pixie.jpg
Where? Oh, like, it is! It is! It is! It totally is!

junpei_normal_pau.jpg
Alright, alright! But, after the police station, okay!?

pixie.jpg
Awwwright... Oh, look! A CD Shop! Can I? Can I? Can I?

junpei_normal_pau.jpg
We can come back later, right? Let's go to the police station first.

vanessa.jpg
Maybe we should visit the pharmacy and better prepare ourselves for any eventuality during our explor...

junpei_normal_pau.jpg
Let's go to the police station first, man...

vanessa.jpg
I am sorry, you are right.

orpheus.jpg
An antique store I spy! There, next to us.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
It seems to be closed, though.

orpheus.jpg
Alas, you are right! Until June the ninth, the sign yonder explains.

junpei_normal_pau.jpg
Oh, it's not open, huh... Wait a minute! This isn't the police station!

pixie.jpg
Can't we just totally kill the jerk and have some fun?

vanessa.jpg
That would not be nice.

pixie.jpg
Like, pretty please with a soma drop on top?

vanessa.jpg
No, he is right. We should go to the police station at onc... Oh, my. Is that a Karaoke club?

orpheus.jpg
Oh, my! Oh, my! Oh, my! *plays riff*

junpei_normal_pau.jpg
Dude, we can check it out AFTER we go to the police station.

vanessa.jpg
I really enjoy Karaoke.

junpei_normal_pau.jpg
Let's leave it for later!

vanessa.jpg
Ah, look. This must be the nice cafe Yukari told me about before, "Cafe Chagall." It looks like a fun place to be, does it not?

junpei_normal_pau.jpg
Do you want to have fun drinking tea with me? Are you seriously thinking about that?

vanessa.jpg
What a good idea you have just had, Iori-San!

junpei_normal_pau.jpg
Sorry, but not now! I gotta go to the police station!

vanessa.jpg
*pouts* Alright.

pixie.jpg
Be Blue V? What a totally strange name for a place.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
It seems to be a SPA of some sort.

junpei_normal_pau.jpg
Dude! The police station's next door!

pixie.jpg
*mumble, mumble* ...fuck off and, like, die... *mumble, mumble*

vanessa.jpg
Here we are, the police station.

pixie.jpg
Oh, my! Look, look! There's a totally mysterious alley right next to it!

junpei_normal_pau.jpg
Dude, you passed the police station!

pixie.jpg
*mumble, mumble* ...shithead... *mumble, mumble*

P3P%20006416.jpg

akihiko_normal_pol.jpg
Oh, these are the guys I was talking about earlier.

P3P%20006420.jpg

akihiko_normal_pol.jpg
This is Officer Kurosawa. He helps keep our squad well-equipped.

vanessa.jpg
I am pleased to meet you, sir. Your help is much appreciated.

akihiko_normal_pol.jpg
And, this is from Ikutsuki-san...

junpei_O.O_pol.jpg
R-Really!? Sweet!

providence.jpg
You and Junpei each received 5,000 yen.

akihiko_normal_pol.jpg
You can't fight empty-handed, so find something you like.

vanessa.jpg
I will do as you say, Sanada-San.

Akihiko_normal_pol.jpg
Officer Kurosawa has connections...

akihiko_smile_pol.jpg
But, these things still cost money.

kurosawa.jpg
Of course they do. Nothing in life is free.

akihiko_smile_pol.jpg
I realize that.

pixie.jpg
The song of happy little birds, a field of wild flowers in spring, and the bright blue sky disagree with both your big banal selves, hmpf!

Akihiko_normal_pol.jpg
Well, I'll see you later. Thanks again.

Akihiko leaves.

kurosawa.jpg
I've been informed about you two. My job is to maintain peace in this city, regardless of the circumstances.

vanessa.jpg
With all due respect, sir, I find it surprising an officer of the law is helping us in such a way as you do.

kurosawa.jpg
I'm just an ordinary police officer, but it doesn't take a genius to know something strange is going on here. I'm only doing what I think is right.

vanessa.jpg
I understand.

kurosawa.jpg
I don't have that much, but you should be able to find what you need. I won't ask what they'll be used for. But, I believe that you'll use them for the right reasons.

vanessa.jpg
Thank you for the vote of confidence, sir.

Our heroine checks the equipment available at the moment, but there is nothing particularly interesting and she has other things on which to spend her money right now. After thanking Kurosawa for his help and promising to come back later she leaves the police station.

P3P%20006510.jpg

junpei_normal_pau.jpg
I'm gonna take off, since I'm in a bad mood now... Later.

providence.jpg
Junpei has left.

vanessa.jpg
I doubt I will ever have a worse impromptu date, no matter how long I live.

pixie.jpg
Totally!

renegade_vanessa.jpg
At least he fucked off already. Let's check that alley we saw before.

P3P%20006524.jpg

P3P%20006532.jpg

vanessa.jpg
I found the door by accident and my curiosity was piqued. I am very sorry to have bothered you, sir.

theo_normal_velvet.jpg
Well then... I look forward to your next visit.

vanessa.jpg
Thank you for your patience, sir. Good evening.

Leaving the alley they decide to visit the pharmacy they had not been able to enter before.

P3P%20006607.jpg

vanessa.jpg
Good evening, sir. How are you today?

pharmacist.jpg
The competition between different pharmacies is heating up. I've got to make my store more unique, or I'll be sunk.

vanessa.jpg
I am very sorry to hear.

pharmacist.jpg
I'm starting by making Saturday a regular sale day. Come out this weekend and support my store!

Our heroine checks the goods being sold, but decides to buy only a box of Super Cat Food for seven hundred yen, I guess in case she gets hungry later on. Then she finally gets down to the important stuff.

P3P%20006638.jpg

vanessa.jpg
That piggy bank in the likeness of Ganesha wants to go home with us.

The first time she grabs nothing but air, but with the second try...

P3P%20006669.jpg

pixie.jpg
Yayifications!

Before long they leave the mall. Or, instead, we should say the switch malls: They look around Iwatodai Strip Mall for a little while, trying to get a feeling of what's there to do in the city. While doing so...

P3P%20006734.jpg

Vendor: Our takoyaki is delicious! And it's only 400 yen! It's our own special recipe, with no octopus... Want some?

vanessa.jpg
That sounds... enigmatic, to say the least. I'll take one.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
I hope you are feeling like collecting crap food, because that's not going into me.

vanessa.jpg
Maybe it's tasty.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Just LOOK AT IT.

vanessa.jpg
Good lord.

With... it... stored safely in a plastic bag fated to be forgotten for quite a long time in one of her bag's many pockets they finally take the train back to Port Island station and check the movie theater's programe. A marathon of foreign movies without subtitles is showing, and they decide watching it would be both fun and good practice.

providence.jpg
You immersed yourself in foreign languages, and found yourself unsure if you understood them or not... Your Academics has greatly increased.

P3P%20006852.jpg

P3P%20006854.jpg

vanessa.jpg
Good evening, Kirijo-San.

mitsuru_normal02.jpg
Perfect timing... I'd like to speak to you for a moment.

vanessa.jpg
Of course.

mitsuru_normal02.jpg
Regarding our exploration of Tartarus... Akihiko is still on the mend, so for now, I'd like you to lead the team.

vanessa.jpg
I will do my best not to disappoint you.

mitsuru_normal02.jpg
You never know when a powerful enemy might appear, like the one you faced the other day. It's best to be prepared, or else you may find yourself in a difficult situation.

vanessa.jpg
I understand.

mitsuru_normal02.jpg
So, whenever you'd like to explore Tartarus, just let me know, and I'll gather everyone there. Also, since I'm sure there are other things you will need to take care of, you may go out at night if you need to.

vanessa.jpg
Thank you.

mitsuru_normal02.jpg
Well, that's it. Keep up the good work.

After saving the game our heroine decides to check on everyone on the lobby. First Ikutsuki...

P3P%20006889.jpg

vanessa.jpg
Yet you seem to know much about them, the Personae, and the Dark Hour.

ikutsuki_normal.jpg
I used to be a researcher for Kirijo Electronics... That is the primary reason why I am the chairman of the board. And that is also what makes this dormitory such a convenient location to conduct SEES activities.

vanessa.jpg
Thank you very much for telling me.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
One way or the other the Kirijo Group is up to their necks in whatever it is that's happening in this city.

ikutsuki_normal.jpg
Oh, you should also be aware that I am unable to summon Personas. However, in order to perform my research, I was taught how to enter the Dark Hour. So if you need any help, please do not hesitate to ask. Of course, I cannot be of any help. Ahahaha...

vanessa.jpg
Worry not about it, sir.

... and then Akihiko...

P3P%20006942.jpg

akihiko_normal.jpg
But, he knows about us and helps out when he can.

vanessa.jpg
I can't but wonder about the reasons behind his help.

akihiko_normal.jpg
To be honest, I don't really know. But, he's a police officer, so he's dedicated his life to helping people. Plus, he's a pretty cool guy.

vanessa.jpg
How did the two of you met, Sanada-san?

akihiko_normal.jpg
He helped me out a while ago. He's someone you can count on.

vanessa.jpg
I have the feeling that was his way of telling me to mind my own business.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
How very perceptive of you.

... Yukari...

P3P%20006991.jpg

yukari_normal.jpg
I feel like I spent all day hiking up Mount Fuji. What about you, Vanessa?

vanessa.jpg
It is indeed tiring.

yukari_normal.jpg
Yeah, it's tough, especially for girls. I think we just have to get used to it.

... and then Junpei.

P3P%20007005.jpg

renegade_vanessa.jpg
I do, yes.

junpei_normal.jpg
Well, I was thinking, why does it have to look like a gun? I mean, you gotta be a little nutty to point a gun at your head and pull the trigger, ya know?

vanessa.jpg
Yet from that very perspective it stops meaning once you know it is not real.

Our heroine then checks the news. For once there seems to be something important being reported.

Newscaster: -- who was then immediately sent to the hospital. The man has regained consciousness, but due to his condition, has been unable to speak. Police are awaiting the man's recovery before questioning him. And that's the news for today.

Finally, she goes back to Mitsuru.

P3P%20006914.jpg

mitsuru_normal02.jpg
They appear as coffins.

vanessa.jpg
It seems far too quaint to be accidental.

mitsuru_normal02.jpg
Shadows are quite enigmatic... They only attack those who have not been Transmogrified. They feed on the minds of their victims, leaving them unable to speak. We call this Apathy Syndrome, and those who suffer from this incapacitating affliction are known as The Lost.

vanessa.jpg
I am sure we will discover more about them as we explore the tower. Is everyone available?

mitsuru_normal02.jpg
Everyone can go tonight.

vanessa.jpg
I understand. If you have no objection I would like to enter the tower tonight.

mitsuru_normal02.jpg
Very well. We'll meet at Tartarus around midnight. Don't be late. I'll let the other know.

vanessa.jpg
Thank you for your hard work, Kirijo-san.

P3P%20007055.jpg

P3P%20007057.jpg

P3P%20007058.jpg

Sukeban Cho

Erudite
Chapter the eighth:
The Reaper.

P3P%20007083.jpg

P3P%20007088.jpg

P3P%20007101.jpg

vanessa.jpg
I am.

mitsuru_normal_tarin.jpg
By the way, I found out something else about Tartarus... A few floors up, there's a barricade preventing you from going any higher. The tower seems to have a number of these interspersed amongst its floors. I know I told you that the layout changes each day, but these barriers seem to be in fixed locations. Therefore, I'd like you to try and reach the first barricade.

vanessa.jpg
I understand.

mitsuru_normal_tarin.jpg
But don't push yourself too hard. If you go back in from the entrance, you'll be able to resume from the highest floor your previously reached.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Or start over from the beginning.

mitsuru_normal_tarin.jpg
I'll give you these too, just in case.

providence.jpg
You received Medical Powder x2, Snuff Soul x1, Traesto Gem x2, Trafuri Gem x2, Cadenza x3.

mitsuru_normal_tarin.jpg
If you run into danger, don't hesitate to use them.

vanessa.jpg
I am grateful for your assistance.

mitsuru_normal_tarin.jpg
I'm counting on you.

P3P%20007143.jpg

P3P%20007144.jpg

vanessa.jpg
Please, do so.

mitsuru_normal_tarin.jpg
......!?

renegade_vanessa.jpg
What is it?

mitsuru_normal_tarin.jpg
I detect a great source of power above you... It's still relatively far away, but keep your guard up nonetheless.

vanessa.jpg
I will do as you say.

That being over, our heroine leads the party into wandering around at random exploring the many mysteries of Tartarus. Before long they have arrived to this level's staircase. They return the way the came to explore another corridor, and, not feeling very professional tonight, Vanessa strikes conversation with her friends, as they explore.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
What's with the smile, Yukari-Chan?

yukari_normal_thebel.jpg
You know when you strike an enemy's weak point and it falls down?

vanessa.jpg
I do, yes.

yukari_normal_thebel.jpg
It looks so funny like that.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
D'aww! She's so cute I could eat her.

orpheus.jpg
I concur! *plucks a string*

vanessa.jpg
Please leave my sexuality alone, both of you.

yukari_normal_thebel.jpg
But I guess it wouldn't be so funny if you got attacked while laughing too hard.

P3P%20007198.jpg

pixie.jpg
Yikes!

renegade_vanessa.jpg
They saw us already, run!

P3P%20007199.jpg

The party retreats towards the staircase.

vanessa.jpg
It is not following us.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Shadows are quite territorial. Once we have removed ourselves from what they claim as their own they will just stand there growling and snarling, and once we have retreated enough they'll just go back to whatever it is they do when bored.

vanessa.jpg
I understand. Thank you for the clarification.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Which is, I must add, the perfect time for a surprise attack.

P3P%20007200.jpg

P3P%20007204.jpg

pixie.jpg
Oh, my. Like, I totally though my Kyrandian cousins were pulling my leg and stuffies.

vanessa.jpg
What in the unseelie court are those things?

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Magic Hands, they are called. They burn prettily.

vanessa.jpg
Alright. Orpheus!

P3P%20007214.jpg

P3P%20007219.jpg

P3P%20007223.jpg

P3P%20007225.jpg

They move forward. Before long they come across another enemy party, and again get the jump on them.

P3P%20007243.jpg

P3P%20007245.jpg

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Oh, my. Cowardly Mayas. Just kill them already.

P3P%20007250.jpg

P3P%20007267.jpg

Not far away they come across yet another bunch of shadows. Taking advantage of the understanding our heroine now has of their behaviour they make them angry, then escape until they are out of the shadow's senses' reach, and after waiting a couple of seconds they run back in and hope to find it returning to its original position and, thus, offering its back to them.

P3P%20007279.jpg

P3P%20007282.jpg

renegade_vanessa.jpg
The short ones are Merciful Mayas. I... I can't really remember what they are weak against.

vanessa.jpg
Do not fret. Kirijo-San, can we get a scan on the floating one?

mitsucomm_thebel.jpg
Roger. I'll attempt to analyze the enemy.

orpheus.jpg
Pray tell, why not the merciful ones?

vanessa.jpg
They look weak. We will subject them to more traditional methods of scientific inquiry instead.

P3P%20007297.jpg

pixie.jpg
Totally not that.

P3P%20007305.jpg

pixie.jpg
Totally not that either.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
It died all the same, the weakling.

P3P%20007313.jpg

P3P%20007314.jpg

mitsucomm_thebel.jpg
The Muttering Tiara has several weaknesses.

P3P%20007315.jpg

vanessa.jpg
*blank eyes* T... ara...

flying_nanako-chan.jpg
*poof*

Meanwhile, deep within blah blah blah...

P3P%20007319.jpg

pixie.jpg
Ouchies!

orpheus.jpg
The Karaoke, m'lady, for later you should leave.

vanessa.jpg
Please forgive me.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
What's that smell?

pixie.jpg
Like, burnt hair?

orpheus.jpg
Our mistress', I would venture.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
APSARAS!

P3P%20007331.jpg

P3P%20007339.jpg

vanessa.jpg
That was unexpected.

P3P%20007345.jpg

P3P%20007350.jpg

Further on they come across another shadow in a narrow corridor leading to this level's exit point, and use the exact same method they have been using so far to create and opening in its defense.

P3P%20007353.jpg

P3P%20007360.jpg

vanessa.jpg
And in the meantime we could keep trying things at random.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Alright. PIXIE!

P3P%20007364.jpg

pixie.jpg
Chibihellos!

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Electrocute those weaklings.

pixie.jpg
Uhm... I wonder...

renegade_vanessa.jpg
What is it now?

pixie.jpg
Like, couldn't this be said to be racial stereotyping?

vanessa.jpg
What do you mean by that, Pixie-san?

pixie.jpg
Like, she's totally thinking: Lookie look! A pixie! Now we'll ZIO the bleep out of all meanies and bullies!

orpheus.jpg
Oh, my. *plucks a string*

pixie.jpg
But I am a good pixie, too kawaii and innocent to give pain unto the world. I only know DIA.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
And now you tell me.

pixie.jpg
You totally didn't ask! I'm sooo suing you.

P3P%20007371.jpg

P3P%20007378.jpg

P3P%20007381.jpg

P3P%20007382.jpg

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Why you little piece of...!

vanessa.jpg
The results of Kirijo-San's scan are in.

P3P%20007383.jpg

pixie.jpg
Didn't we, like, just use BUFU on them a while ago?

vanessa.jpg
We missed.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Anyway, APS...!

vanessa.jpg
Wait, no.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Why not?

vanessa.jpg
We should train pixie-san so she can learn more powers. Now, while the enemies are still weak.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
*sigh* If you say so.

pixie.jpg
Yay!

P3P%20007386.jpg

P3P%20007390.jpg

As they are returning they discover the shadows have already started to respawn. It's naught but a lonely Cowardly Maya, though.

P3P%20007398.jpg

P3P%20007404.jpg

providence.jpg
Yukari's Persona, Io, has leveled up! St has increased by 1! Ma has increased by 1! Ag has increased by 1! Io learned Patra!

P3P%20007414.jpg

providence.jpg
Junpei's Persona, Hermes, has leveled up! Ma has increased by 1! Ag has increased by 1! Lu has increased by 1!

P3P%20007420.jpg

vanessa.jpg
This may be a good time for you to introduce our friends' personae to us.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
There's no avoiding it, is there?

vanessa.jpg
Proper introductions are important.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
*sigh* Alright. I expect you all to know both are figures from Greek myth.

orpheus.jpg
Alas! I know.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
It would be worrying if you didn't. Anyway, Io's a particularly popular lover of Zeus, whose lore neither fits nor misfits her host.

pixie.jpg
Hiya!

vanessa.jpg
I am plased to make your acquaintance, Miss Io.

io.jpg
As I am to make yours.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Yet the abilities she empowers Yukari-Chan with do fit her well, as Io's focused on healing and wind magic, and she also makes her host both resistant against wind and weak against electricity.

yukari%26io.jpg

renegade_vanessa.jpg
With Io's help Yukari will grow to be useful in most situations. She will rarely abandon our side, if at all.

orpheus.jpg
Not that you mind. *plucks a string*

vanessa.jpg
Can you two stop that already? I have a reputation to think of.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
And Hermes is none other than, well, himself. Patron of well applied language and ingenuity, as well as of messengers, of commerce, and of sorcery. And maybe something else I forgot.

vanessa.jpg
I do not understand. Is he not Iori-San's persona?

hermes.jpg
I am sure this misunderstanding will be resolved soon.

vanessa.jpg
I do hope you find it soon taken care of, sir. All the same I am pleased to make your acquaintance, even if it is under such dire circumstances.

junpei%26hermes.jpg

renegade_vanessa.jpg
He teaches Junpei martial techniques and fire magic, as well as a small bit of enhancement magic to better defend himself and his allies. He also gives his host a greater resistance to fire in exchange of a an increased weakness to wind.

orpheus.jpg
I weep for humanity.

hermes.jpg
One would have thought the winged boots and helmet to be a dead giveaway, even for those unenlightened on all matters elemental.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
And that's for the introductions.

vanessa.jpg
Thank you very much for your hard work.

P3P%20007423.jpg

P3P%20007425.jpg

P3P%20007458.jpg

With that the first level, which is actually the second, is explored and the party moves to the next one. Mitsuru gave them a bit more information on the nature of Tartarus as soon as they arrived.

P3P%20007475.jpg

renegade_vanessa.jpg
And if you were to look behind us you would notice there's no stair going down.

vanessa.jpg
You are right. How is that possible?

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Tartarus does not actually change overnight. The floor we just cleared no longer exists, a different one would take its place if we were to begin ascending anew.

vanessa.jpg
This place would seem ruled by the logic of dreams.

mitsucomm_thebel.jpg
If you feel like you are in danger, don't hesitate to return.

vanessa.jpg
I understand. Thank you for your concern.

The party moves forward, defeating more shadows along the way.

P3P%20007490.jpg

P3P%20007501.jpg

P3P%20007506.jpg

P3P%20007516.jpg

P3P%20007529.jpg

P3P%20007535.jpg

Then they start once again talking among themselves, the shadows presenting no challenge to them.

vanessa.jpg
Are you feeling alright, Yukari-Chan?

yukari_normal_thebel.jpg
It's really tiring being in Tartarus for some reason.

vanessa.jpg
Yet the practical consequences of such an extrenuous activity are not felt until the next day. It is quite the riddle.

yukari_normal_thebel.jpg
Do you think I'm getting a good workout doing this?

vanessa.jpg
*tilts head*

yukari_normal_thebel.jpg
...Well, not that I care, I just wanted to ask.

Afterwards more shadows are dispersed, and more briefcases looted. In one of those our heroine finds a new pair of shoes, which seem to fit her perfectly.

P3P%20007552.jpg

Then they come across something most strange...

P3P%20007554.jpg

... a golden shadow!

vanessa.jpg
This place keep getting more and more strange.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Golden shadows indicate the presence of a rare form.

vanessa.jpg
Is it more dangerous than the normal shadows?

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Those are the red shadows, instead.

vanessa.jpg
I understand.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
The golden shadows are something else altogether. If of them sees you approach she'll run way, and will disappear with a poof if you pursue. Ambush one and it'll just stand there confused for a little while, then she'll run away and disappear. With a poof.

vanessa.jpg
I fail to understand the point.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
I'm getting there. They are unaffected by magic and all but one type of physical damage both randomly and secretly selected at the beginning of the battle. The remaining one is their weak point, exploiting which will allow you to defeat it in a single strike. Two, at most.

vanessa.jpg
I am still not seeing it.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
When you defeat one it will drop an item for you to sell once outside, the value of which will depend on the block the golden shadow was found in.

vanessa.jpg
This place makes no sense at all. *shrug*

Our heroine then tries to ambush the golden shadow, but it notices and disappears. With a poof.

P3P%20007555.jpg

The party continues exploring, by which I mean they slaughter group after group of shadows until they notice a second golden shadow, this one in a situation that makes it very easy to ambush. A very frustrating battle ensues...

P3P%20007588.jpg

P3P%20007591.jpg

P3P%20007593.jpg

P3P%20007596.jpg

P3P%20007597.jpg

P3P%20007600.jpg

P3P%20007601.jpg

P3P%20007605.jpg

P3P%20007608.jpg

P3P%20007611.jpg

... after which it escapes. Our heroine takes her stress out on a nearby group of wandering shadows, which is all her friends needed to level up.

P3P%20007624.jpg

P3P%20007626.jpg

P3P%20007630.jpg

P3P%20007641.jpg

P3P%20007648.jpg

Then she returns to the entrance by means of the local entry point.

P3P%20007650.jpg

Later, at the home base...

vanessa.jpg
Please forgive me for bothering you, clock-sama. Could I have a word with you?

clock-sama.jpg
What? Oh, sure, sure. I always have the time for a proper young lady. What is it you need of me?

vanessa.jpg
Thank you very much, sir. And this may sound crazy, but the voices in my head told me you may be able to help my friends and I to heal from our wounds and recover our spent spiritual power.

clock-sama.jpg
Oh, that. The voices are right, little missy. There's nothing crazy about it.

vanessa.jpg
There... is not? *tilts head*

clock-sama.jpg
Yet there is, I am sorry to say, a fee bound to such services.

vanessa.jpg
Please, worry not about it. I understand.

clock-sama.jpg
I would say about nine hundred yen would be enough to get the lot of you in prime condition.

vanessa.jpg
I have that much on me, sir. Please, go ahead.

clock-sama.jpg
As you wish, mademoiselle. It is done.

vanessa.jpg
Impressive, clock-sama. Truly so. I have to ask how does this marvel works, my curiosity has been piqued.

clock-sama.jpg
It is quite easy for such a wondrous piece of occult engineering as myself, if you allow me but a moment of prideful demeanor. It is, I believe, simply a matter of rewinding your bodies' local time back to the moment you first entered this chamber, fresh and ready to show evil the door.

vanessa.jpg
I see. Truly a wonderf...

clock-sama.jpg
Or maybe I am giving your bodies enough time for their natural healing and recovery to kick in, yet no time actually passes. I wonder, myself.

vanessa.jpg
Must I understand you do not know yourself, sir?

clock-sama.jpg
Of course I don't. I'm just an unexplainable magical clock you are having a conversation with after projecting your own delusions onto it as a way for you to justify your own understanding of its workings and functions to yourself.

vanessa.jpg
I... I beg your pardon?

renegade_vanessa.jpg
He means right now you are having a conversation with yourself while staring blankly at a magical clock.

orpheus.jpg
I never knew our mistress would be able to make so many different voices. Truly impressive.

vanessa.jpg
Voices? You mean...

pixie.jpg
Totally!

vanessa.jpg
My life is over.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Or maybe we are just pulling your leg.

vanessa.jpg
*whimper*

Fully recovered they return to the clock gate, which allows them to either start anew from the second floor, the first one being the entrance itself, or from the highest floor they reached so far, which in this case is the third. They pick the later, reaching a third floor completely different than the one they just left behind a few minutes ago.

P3P%20007677.jpg

vanessa.jpg
Is there something wrong, Kirijo-San?

mitsucomm_pissed_thebel.jpg
I don't detect anything, but... something doesn't seem right...

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Oh, my. Listen very closely, there is no time to lose.

vanessa.jpg
I am listening.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
There are no shadows on this floor, only briefcases and treasure boxes. You must be fast in taking everything you can, then run to either the staircase to the next level or the entry point, whichever is closer.

vanessa.jpg
I will do as you say.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Quick!

P3P%20007681.jpg

P3P%20007685.jpg

vanessa.jpg
Should I leave already?

renegade_vanessa.jpg
There is still time. Try to get more treasure if you want to, yet be sure not to put yourself in a situation where a single blocked corridor could shut you off both the stairs and the entry point.

vanessa.jpg
I understand.

Our heroine looks around for more briefcases, and she also finds a treasure box.

P3P%20007694.jpg

The loot totals to quite a bit of money, two pairs of rubber soles, and one pair of rugged getas. As they are returning to the staircase, however, Mitsuru's voice booms in their ears.

P3P%20007702.jpg

pixie.jpg
Like, what was that supposed to mean?

renegade_vanessa.jpg
She meant it literally!

vanessa.jpg
I beg your pardon?

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Later. Make a run for the entry point!

P3P%20007703.jpg

renegade_vanessa.jpg
I just told you not to get into this very situation!

vanessa.jpg
Please forgive your pathetic student! I am unworthy of your advice.

P3P%20007704.jpg

orpheus.jpg
A rattling of chains, I hear!

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Don't worry, It seems to be quite a ways off. Let's just leave, fast.

P3P%20007706.jpg

P3P%20007707.jpg

P3P%20007713.jpg

They manage to escape without being found by the presence.

vanessa.jpg
*huff, huff* What was that all about, just now?

renegade_vanessa.jpg
You must keep moving while inside of Tartarus. Stay too long within the confines of a given level and The Reaper will come for you.

vanessa.jpg
And from what you said before I presume you mean it quite literally.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
The logic of dreams, remember? *snaps fingers*

Deep within our heroine's mind, for an instant there's a single glimpse of that which wanders the formless darkness of Tartarus courted by despair and rattling chains.

reaper.jpg

Then it disappears with a cold white flash.

vanessa.jpg
Neither scythe nor fiddle? It is certainly not what I expected.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
You are too much of a romantic.

vanessa.jpg
Please tell me more about this new foe.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
For starters it will normally only appear after quite a long while, as long as you don't draw a cursed card yourself.

vanessa.jpg
What are those cursed cards you speak of?

renegade_vanessa.jpg
In due time. Now, normally you'll have more than enough time to clear a level before moving on. Those empty levels with the promise of treasure are the exceptions.

vanessa.jpg
I understand.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
And do not even think about defeating it for the time being.

vanessa.jpg
I am grateful for the warning. I will do as you say.

After relaxing for a little while our heroine proceeds to divide the spoils with her friends, giving Yukari a pair of rubber soles and Junpei the rugged getta.

P3P%20007718.jpg

Then they continue their explorations of Tartarus.

P3P%20007728.jpg

Mrowak

Arcane
vanessa.jpg
Must I understand you do not know yourself, sir?

clock-sama.jpg
Of course I don't. I'm just an unexplainable magical clock you are having a conversation with after projecting your own delusions onto it as a way for you to justify your own understanding of its workings and functions to yourself.

vanessa.jpg
I... I beg your pardon?

renegade_vanessa.jpg
He means right now you are having a conversation with yourself while staring blankly at a magical clock.

orpheus.jpg
I never knew our mistress would be able to make so many different voices. Truly impressive.

vanessa.jpg
Voices? You mean...

pixie.jpg
Totally!

vanessa.jpg
My life is over.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Or maybe we are just pulling your leg.

vanessa.jpg
*whimper*

Awesome stuff out there. I do not know if I should die laughing or feel sorry for our protagonsit. Such emotional brew truly mirrors the madness of this place.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
And Hermes is none other than, well, himself. Patron of well applied language and ingenuity, as well as of messengers, of commerce, and of sorcery. And maybe something else I forgot.

vanessa.jpg
I do not understand. Is he not Iori-San's persona?

hermes.jpg
I am sure this misunderstanding will be resolved soon.

vanessa.jpg
I do hope you find it soon taken care of, sir. All the same I am pleased to make your acquaintance, even if it is under such dire circumstances.

Well, Hermes was kind of annoying in Greek mythology, being kicked out from Olympus at least twice a week or so, so it's no surprise he ended up Junpei, who would use his own share of kicking in various places.

For his fire atribute, though, well, the only explanation that seems likely is that fire is unruly and destructive element - just like wind, so let's have it here instead, for some reason. Besides Merkury (Hermes by Romans) is the hottest planet in the solar system.

reaper.jpg

Then it disappears with a cold white flash.

They really had to give him evokers revolvers, didn't they? o_O I am getting strong Hellsing vibes from this pic.

Is there any other "trick" to dungeons beside Death chasing you? In Persona 4 there was a whooping number of 1 dungeon with any puzzles, and it was there pay homage to old dungeon crawlers.

Anyway, awesome work. :excellent:

lightbane

Arcane
So, how (stupid) is the AI of your teammates compared with vanilla P3? I read somewhere that in this version you can assume control manually control them, which would make battles much, much easier.

It seems Death had enough of having his/her ass kicked by the Belmont Family and thus decided to change his/her weaponry for something more intimidating.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
vanessa.jpg
Thank you very much, sir. And this may sound crazy, but the voices in my head told me you may be able to help my friends and I to heal from our wounds and recover our spent spiritual power.

clock-sama.jpg
Oh, that. The voices are right, little missy. There's nothing crazy about it.

vanessa.jpg
There... is not? *tilts head*

It+wouldn+t+let+me+reply+to+the+brofist+_2a892f440eb67dd1c55bd7f1cd7f6e7a.jpg

Poor Vanessa. Losing Sanity points already and she hasn't even reached the plateau of Leng.

Excellent update. Many lulz were had. :Bropaw:?

tumblr_m5s6czF3DW1qi23vmo1_500.jpg

Sukeban Cho

Erudite
After such a long time away from all things role playing game I had forgotten how deliciously weird the Shin Megami Tensei multiverse could get.

041647.jpg

041660.jpg

041679.jpg

Megaten, fuck yeah.

So, how (stupid) is the AI of your teammates compared with vanilla P3? I read somewhere that in this version you can assume control manually control them, which would make battles much, much easier.

I do not know about the AI, to be honest. I'm using direct control, as doing otherwise on Maniac would be suicide.

I kind of miss controling only my own character, though. The game plays very differently when you have to keep in mind the mistakes your friends may make, or make plan around the fact they may not do what you are expecting them to do. It forces you into a role more of a team mother than of a mass murdering badass out of hell, which I kind of enjoyed myself.

And since you mentioned it...

041681.jpg

I fused it kind of randomly, as I fuse most things, yet he somehow managed to save the day when I was fighting the second guardian, as I had forgotten to fuse myself anything with Posumudi. Then he did help Akihiko punch the boss to death. :hug:

For his fire atribute, though, well, the only explanation that seems likely is that fire is unruly and destructive element - just like wind, so let's have it here instead, for some reason. Besides Merkury (Hermes by Romans) is the hottest planet in the solar system.

I don't really mind the mistakes most of the time, but sometimes shit gets so badly broken that you can't help but be heartbroken. In particular when it is broken for the sake of game balance and nothing more, as Hermes was actually done right in Persona, or maybe it was Persona 2.

It's kind of a shame they have to force the pieces they use into holes they don't really fit into, but it is a testament to how creative they are that they managed to do so pretty well most of the time.

I am getting strong Hellsing vibes from this pic.

Would you laugh at me if I told you I never actually saw that show?

Is there any other "trick" to dungeons beside Death chasing you? In Persona 4 there was a whooping number of 1 dungeon with any puzzles, and it was there pay homage to old dungeon crawlers.

Every time, usually beyond the first, you enter a given floor there's a chance you will get a weird floor instead of a standard one. In the beginning there are few types of weird ones available, like the empty floor full of treasure and with a really short countdown before The Reaper comes, but as you advance others become available.

One of the worst/best ones is the dark floor. You have very little visibility, no map, and no automap. You are basicaly stumbling around a maze with no idea of where enemies, treasure, or the exits are until you literally hit your head on them, and thus you rarely get the free round from starting combat on an unsuspecting shadow from the back. You either fight a fair battle or, if the enemy manages to hit you from any direction before you manage to hit it, with the enemy having a free round instead. And considering the enemy can do all the things you can do (get "1 more", make a character dizzy by hitting her weakness twice in a row, etc) in Maniac you can easily be steamrolled if you don't know what you are doing.

Good update. The image of Vanessa just standing there, talking to herself and various household objects around her cracks me up.

Awesome stuff out there. I do not know if I should die laughing or feel sorry for our protagonsit. Such emotional brew truly mirrors the madness of this place.

:love: I'm glad you are liking my little Let's Play thingie.

Excellent update. Many lulz were had. :Bropaw:?

bropaw.png

Sukeban Cho

Erudite
Chapter the ninth:
Eye of the neko.

Back into Tartarus' first block, Vanessa and her companions make short work of shadows. Our heroine is quickly getting the hang of it, and the monsters have no chance against her. She also switches her main Persona back to Orpheus for a little bit, as it had nearly reached a new level.

P3P%20007733.jpg

P3P%20007736.jpg

P3P%20007746.jpg

P3P%20007748.jpg

P3P%20007764.jpg

vanessa.jpg
Congratulations.

orpheus.jpg
I am grateful, Mistress. Here, for you is this.

providence.jpg
Orpheus gave you something... You obtained the Skill Card Agi from Orpheus!

vanessa.jpg
Thank you very much, Orpheus-Sama. It is a wonderful gift you have chosen.

After the short interlude our heroine goes back to training Pixie while the going's easy. Ambush the shadows, then defend and let Yukari and Junpei take care of the weaklings.

P3P%20007775.jpg

P3P%20007798.jpg

P3P%20007820.jpg

While killing and looting our heroine comes across a briefcase containing a pair of High-Tech Sandals and decides to equip them herself.

P3P%20007842.jpg

Then back to murdering defenseless creatures of darkness they go, and just one more fight is needed before our heroine and her pixie both level up.

P3P%20007845.jpg

P3P%20007870.jpg

pixie.jpg
Yay! Now I can use Rakunda, too!

vanessa.jpg
Congratulations, Pixie-Sama. I am not yet familiar with the spell, however.

pixie.jpg
Like, it totally drops some meanie's defense for a bunch of turns.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
In practice the target will suffer higher damage from all attacks.

pixie.jpg
Yay, what bully-san said!

After this short exchange is back to slaughtering the servants of evil for our heroine and her companions. The party defeats another pack of shadows, then they loot another pair of High-Tech Sandals, which go to Yukari this time.

P3P%20007871.jpg

P3P%20007890.jpg

Following that they ascend to the next level.

P3P%20007895.jpg

vanessa.jpg
I understand.

mitsucomm_thebel.jpg
If you don't think you're ready, then don't test your luck.

After such a short dialogue with Mitsuru... well, you know the drill by now. However, the next encounter was to bring our heroine a greater understanding on the nature of Shadows.

P3P%20007900.jpg

P3P%20007901.jpg

vanessa.jpg
What's with that one? It looks quite odd.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
It is distressed. When you ambush shadows there is a chance enemies will become like that, which is modified by your own power and maybe, I am not sure, their own. I believe the same may happen when you fight enemies much weaker than you, independently of whether or not you ambush them.

pixie.jpg
And some spellies can distress enemies, too!

vanessa.jpg
I understand. Please go on.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Distressed enemies both do less damage and receive more when hit, and they can't dodge at all. And you will score more critical hits against them, which always count as exploiting a weakness.

vanessa.jpg
I can't believe I am expected to use psychological warfare against monsters.

The shadows are then quickly defeated. They continue carving a path of destruction and slaughter through Tartarus, during which both Yukari-Chan and Junpei level up. Later on a new weapon for Vanessa is claimed as loot, and it is because of such that new knowledge on the nature of Tartarus is imparted to her.

P3P%20007916.jpg

P3P%20007947.jpg

P3P%20007956.jpg

P3P%20007957.jpg

P3P%20007963.jpg

vanessa.jpg
Am I really expected to beat shadows to death with a hockey stick?

renegade_vanessa.jpg
It actually counts as a Naginata. And it is slightly better at that than the Imitation Naginata you are now wielding, as a matter of fact.

vanessa.jpg
You... You are pulling my leg, am I right?

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Nope.

vanessa.jpg
Yet Naginatas are classified as slashing weapons. There is simply no way a hockey stick is going to beat a bladed weapon at that, regardless of how cheap an imitation the later is.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
I do not make the rules, sis.

vanessa.jpg
*sigh* This place is going to make me crazy.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Not to say the hockey stick qualifying as a slashing weapon is taking you over the edge yet you never wonder why it is your flimsy and girly clothes both soften and survive equally the ministrations of enemy claws and elemental magic. Nor, say, why it is a pair of sandals make you far more likely to dodge an attack than you would be without them.

vanessa.jpg
But that's because... because... *whimper*

renegade_vanessa.jpg
For everyone else those would be perfectly normal items, nothing but shoes and clothes and hockey sticks. Their powers can only be perceived by Persona users, and exist only within the world of the Dark Hour. You can later ask Akihiko about it, if you mistrust me.

vanessa.jpg
Of course. I understand.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Well then, let's continue.

vanessa.jpg
I can not believe I did not see it earlier.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
I don't think I'm following you. What are you talking about?

vanessa.jpg
About everything. I understand it all now.

orpheus.jpg
Oh, my. Broke her, you did. *plucks a string*

vanessa.jpg
It was so obvious, right from the start. We are teenagers with magical powers derived from awakening to their true selves, in turn shaped and defined by old myths and stories.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
I kind of know.

vanessa.jpg
We are able to enter a nonsensical and distorted layer of reality governed by dream logic, in which time works differently over those few things it actually works at all.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Uh-huh.

vanessa.jpg
A world with a tendency towards turning itself into something completely different the moment you look away, in which no one but those so awakened can enter.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
I don't think our fans need a recap so early.

vanessa.jpg
In this world we fight nightmares and delusions, and we fight the despair, apathy, and hopelessness of mankind.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
You could say that, yes.

vanessa.jpg
To do this we have our secret arts, the assistance of our imaginary friends, and the hidden powers otherwise normal items possess in this hidden corner of reality.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Which is exactly what I just said.

vanessa.jpg
And we depend on the guidance and help of those living in places hidden between the world of matter and the world of dreams.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
That's the short version, yes.

vanessa.jpg
In the name of every little redcap soaking his hat in the spilled blood of his enemies, don't you see it?

renegade_vanessa.jpg
It seems I do not.

vanessa.jpg
I have gone mad after playing way too much Changeling The Dreaming.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
orpheus.jpg
pixie.jpg
*raises an eyebrow*

renegade_vanessa.jpg
That makes no... Wait, no. Fuck it, this is quite eery.

pixie.jpg
Totally creepy.

orpheus.jpg
Alas! Quite twisted.

vanessa.jpg
They were right, all along. I should have listened.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
What do you mean?

vanessa.jpg
Role playing games are bad for you. Really bad for you.

orpheus.jpg
What to do? I wonder.

pixie.jpg
Somethingie! Anythingie! I totally don't wanna be a delusion!

renegade_vanessa.jpg
You are in for a life of disappointment.

vanessa.jpg
But then me being here probably means this is better than whatever is to be found to the other side of snaping out of it. *shrug*

And thus our heroine switches her Naginata for the hockey stick, and the party then continues their adventures into Tartarus. By which I mean they keep turning monsters into experience points and looting briefcases for money and equipment at a steady rate.

P3P%20007968.jpg

P3P%20007995.jpg

P3P%20007998.jpg

P3P%20008008.jpg

P3P%20008014.jpg

P3P%20008030.jpg

Finally, our heroine makes her way into the fifth floor of Tartarus.

P3P%20008032.jpg

vanessa.jpg
I presume there is something special about them.

mitsucomm_thebel.jpg
They're not like the ones you've fought before. If you're not ready to face them yet, then return to the entrance and reorganize.

vanessa.jpg
I understand.

The party advances through the empty level. Before long they come across a fork in the path.

P3P%20008040.jpg

mitsucomm_thebel.jpg
Excusez-moi, but can you have a look at that device near you?

renegade_vanessa.jpg
My pretentious bitch detector is going crazy.

vanessa.jpg
Of course, Kirijo-San. I will get right to it.

P3P%20008049.jpg

P3P%20008052.jpg

vanessa.jpg
Let us pick the obvious choice.

P3P%20008055.jpg

mitsuru_normal_tarin.jpg
That device is a sort of portal that connect all like devices together. By activating it, you can move to the entrance, as well as between devices within Tartarus.

vanessa.jpg
I understand.

mitsuru_normal_tarin.jpg
You should take good advantage of these when you find them. They'll be useful during the expeditions.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
You don't say.

Our heroine visits Clock-Sama for some quick healing. Then...

renegade_vanessa.jpg
What do you believe you are doing?

vanessa.jpg
You told me earlier we can start anew whenever we want.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Yes...

vanessa.jpg
You also told me time does not flow in Tartarus.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Uh-huh.

vanessa.jpg
And you also told me all those floors we revisit will be entirely new ones.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Most of them, actually. Neither the barricades nor the small guardposts with terminals change.

vanessa.jpg
Thus the best course of action is to clear the three levels between the entrance and the guardpost once and again until we understand the ins and outs of battling shadows, learn how to properly work as a team, better equip ourselves through looting, teach our Personae new skills, and fuse them into more powerful forms.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
*sigh* I should have foreseen this.

Time passes without passing as our heroine and her friends kill shadow after shadow, after shadow, after shadow, after shadow. Hours become days and days become weeks, and during all of this Eye of the Tiger blares on the background.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
I hate my life.

And we rejoin them...

P3P%20008143.jpg

P3P%20008266.jpg

P3P%20008313.jpg

nekomata.jpg

vanessa.jpg
Good eternal midnight to you, Miss Nekomata.

nekomata.jpg
And to you as well, Miss Nyah. Nyah.

orpheus.jpg
Much stronger we, now, are, with her at our side. A good choice this was.

vanessa.jpg
Indeed. Yet there is much to be done, still.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
There's a lot of tower to ascend, to begin with.

vanessa.jpg
Yes, but we will leave that for when we are better prepared.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
What?

vanessa.jpg
We need to recover our lost friends, first.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Oh...

vanessa.jpg
And then train them back to where they were, as well as finish training Orpheus and begin training Nekomata.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
But... *sigh*

Thus time passes without passing as our heroine and her friends kill shadow after shadow, after shadow, after shadow, after shadow. Hours become days and days become weeks. Friends are met again and new friends are made, and levels are won by some. And during all of this Eye of the Tiger blares on the background.

And then one night, which is still the very same night without being so, in which the state of her party is as follows...

P3P%20008668.jpg

P3P%20008649.jpg

P3P%20008650.jpg

P3P%20008651.jpg

P3P%20008652.jpg

P3P%20008653.jpg

P3P%20008670.jpg

P3P%20008581.jpg

P3P%20008671.jpg

P3P%20008591.jpg

... our heroine stops and stretches herself lazily.

vanessa.jpg
I am quite bored of this. Let us conquer the guardpost already.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
*falls to her knees and kisses the ground, eyes brimming with tears*

The party takes the terminal to the fifth floor without further delay.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
vanessa.jpg
In the name of every little redcap soaking his hat in the spilled blood of his enemies, don't you see it?

renegade_vanessa.jpg
It seems I do not.

vanessa.jpg
I have gone mad after playing way too much Changeling The Dreaming.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
orpheus.jpg
pixie.jpg
*raises an eyebrow*

renegade_vanessa.jpg
That makes no... Wait, no. Fuck it, this is quite eery.

pixie.jpg
Totally creepy.

orpheus.jpg
Alas! Quite twisted.

vanessa.jpg
They were right, all along. I should have listened.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
What do you mean?

vanessa.jpg
Role playing games are bad for you. Really bad for you.

Right up to this point I was like "Vanessa's ranting about the RPG Codex..." then I was like "Oh, it's a subtle dig at my trainwreck D&D campaign"

kitten.jpg

Minikitty pities the fourth wall. It may never recover from this ordeal.

lightbane

Arcane
Neko-chan: *grinding like there's no tomorrow*

:decline: Didn't you said something about Megaten games not requiring grinding??

I have gone mad after playing way too much Changeling The Dreaming Lost/Mage the Awakening.

Fixed, Derpsona's tone is too grim for the Dreaming. Besides, the protagonist didn't drop dead the moment she spotted a concrete wall.

Am I really expected to beat shadows to death with a hockey stick?

45449_ness.jpg
What's wrong with it? Never subestimate the power of a good stick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom