Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Wiping all out.

Who's hotter?

• Junpei Iori.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Akihiko Sanada.

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Ken Amada.

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Shinjiro Aragaki.

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Theodore.

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Koromaru.

Votes: 15 48.4%

• Total voters

Sukeban Cho

Erudite
That's good to know. I don't think that not grinding was possible in Persona 4 - there were circumstances which basically required you to have certain level (especially with followers being limited to one Persona and their linear skill progression).

It is impossible to grind in the original Persona 3, and the same on Persona 3: FES. You have seen in P3P we get tired after an X amount of time in Tartarus, less than an hour actually, yet we do not actually suffer from it until we leave Tartarus? Originally you became tired when inside Tartarus, moment in which your damage output and resistance fell drastically. So you had to leave and then wait until you recovered (several days).

In exchange for that you can switch your weapons around (for example, you can give your character a bow before fighting the venus birds to have both him and yukari own them instead) and the maximum difficulty, Hard, is actually WAY easier than Maniac.

So most of us who did play the original game had to do so with demons that were not our favorites, because you have to play more efficiently.

Given the chance to grind the fuck out of the game to get the demons we want instead... :P

And that's particularly important for me, because I don't like most demons as Persona (even those I like as Demons). As you may notice I grind all my demons for fusion, but the only ones I actually use in real battles are cute and girly demons. Having to use a demon who isn't pretty and girly as my character's "main" persona is kind of horrible for me. :oops:

You should have seen me back when I did play Imagine, the Shin Megami Tensei MMO. The shit I did to get the few demons I found pretty and girly enough to be my character's main demon to have the skills I actually wanted them to have... :?

lightbane

Arcane
It is impossible to grind in the original Persona 3, and the same on Persona 3: FES. You have seen in P3P we get tired after an X amount of time in Tartarus, less than an hour actually, yet we do not actually suffer from it until we leave Tartarus? Originally you became tired when inside Tartarus, moment in which your damage output and resistance fell drastically. So you had to leave and then wait until you recovered (several days).

An awesome anti-grinding feature would be that if you spend too much time inside Tartarus, the party drops dead of pure exhaustion the moment you step outside, provoking an instant game-over scene. It would be certainly hilarious...

PS:

And have you seen Dark Ages Fae?

Nope, sorry. Hopefully at least the rules are better than the core book. Also, besides Little Fears I recommend Monsters and Other Childish Things, it also has similar themes (but to a lesser degree).

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Thus the message here is that you spent some quality time alone with Yukari and as a result awakened to your inner sexual predator demoness, am I right?

1857462529_2256a6db99.jpg

Sukeban Cho

Erudite
Chapter the twelfth:
On why is endurance more important than size.

Last time we met our heroine she had just activated the second terminal, cleared the second group of stronger-than-most shadows, and moved on to higher levels of Tartarus. This time, however, we do not rejoin her immediately afterwards, but later.

lilim.jpg
They should work on their stamina.

nekomata.jpg
Broken already, nyah?

lilim.jpg
Quite. So much for the fabled endurance of japanese monsters.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
This is getting tedious.

vanessa.jpg
Please be patient. We should be close now.

nekomata.jpg
Patience is for boring people, nyah.

lilim.jpg
And for the ugly, too. Being fickle, impulsive, and easily distracted is the right of the beautiful.

vanessa.jpg
Please forgive me, but I fail to see the connection.

lilim.jpg
Oh, my. Is this what a preschool teacher feels?

P3P%20009882.jpg

nekomata.jpg
Just the one, nyah?

lilim.jpg
He must be feeling lonely.

mitsucomm_thebel.jpg
It's relatively strong, so be cautious.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Is that relative to us, or relative to the four levels worth of wusses we slaughtered a path through just now?

vanessa.jpg
*sigh* Worry not, Kirijo-San. We will be.

The party advances for a little bit. Upon coming across the local terminal they activate it and return to the entrance to heal and save, then they return to the fourteenth floor and advance against the single enemy waiting for them.

P3P%20009889.jpg

mitsucomm_pissed_thebel.jpg
You can win... I'm certain of it.

vanessa.jpg
I am grateful for the vote of confidence, Kirijo-San. I will do my best not to disappoint you.

P3P%20009890.jpg

lilim.jpg
*giggle*

vanessa.jpg
Please, Miss Lilim. Do not share that thought with us.

lilim.jpg
Such a boring little mistress. *pout*

It seems you've attracted the guardian's attention. Its Arcana...

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Enough is enough.

...is the Chariot.

vanessa.jpg
I may need a little help with this.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Are you serious? This one should be easy enough.

vanessa.jpg
I am very sorry to disappoint you.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
*sigh* Alright. The Chariot is all about dominance, asserted will, and unified purpose. Doubt, contradiction, weakness, and all aspects of both self and context are beaten into submission and forced into compliance with the one true will and its thirst for victory over whichever it may be, which is the only one thing it can see.

vanessa.jpg
I understand.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
It is also do or die. There is no other consideration than obtaining that which is pursued, and everything standing in the way either jumps out of the way or is anihilated, be it friend or lover or even a part of yourself.

vanessa.jpg
Quite ruthless.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Maybe, but to accept there may be a better way is to lose, to admit defeat before enemies moral and philosophical instead of physical. Existence itself must become a binary state: There is blind victory, and there is anihilation. No other thing can be accepted, no other state can be taken in consideration.

lilim.jpg
Sounds like a really tasty social link in the making.

vanessa.jpg
Such a behaviour I can not fully endorse even when I understand the reasoning, and the function.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
That shit is not going to fly with us, and The Chariot is also about the pilgrim becoming a truly individual entity. This aspect is at times represented as an armored figure: Only her will matters, her own desires and lusts. Inside she is the opresor of everything contrary to her objective, outside she is impervious to all words or reasonings. She is one and herself, and until her will has been done nothing matters but victory.

vanessa.jpg
I never expected ancient lore to endorse being close minded and blind to everything but the desires of the ego, I must say.

nekomata.jpg
It is nyaught but a tool.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
There is a time and a place in which is proper, and then one in which it is nothing but dead weight.

lilim.jpg
Like men.

nekomata.jpg
And ownyers.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
To the pilgrim in the one true path there is nothing but devices and contraptions lacking everything but the use she can give them.

vanessa.jpg
I do not know...

renegade_vanessa.jpg
And there is one more thing which must be said before we finish this introduction, upon which we may later add and build.

vanessa.jpg
Please, go ahead.

blackcat.jpg
There's simply nyo way The Chariot is Charles Xavier. Nyot in a thousand years, totally nyot. *folds arms, shakes head with conviction* Nyo way, nya.

vanessa.jpg
nekomata.jpg
lilim.jpg
*tilt head*

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Indeed. What she just said.

vanessa.jpg
Another cat?

nekomata.jpg
Nya!

blackcat.jpg
Nya, nya?

nekomata.jpg
Nya, nya nya! Nya!

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Just ignore her. Understanding her nature would not be cheap in sanity points.

vanessa.jpg
Alright... I guess.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Anyway, we have a boss to defeat.

vanessa.jpg
You are indeed right. Let us go back.

lilim.jpg
Do not make the planning stage drag on, please.

vanessa.jpg
There is no need for that, Miss Lilim. I have already made up a plan.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Let's hear it.

vanessa.jpg
I will tell Iori-San his first task is to raise both Yukari-Chan's defense and my own, and then keep it up. He will attack when not doing so, and Yukari-Chan herself will focus entirely on attacking the enemy. We will keep the enemy weakened and take care of all support duties, ourselves.

P3P%20009900.jpg

P3P%20009906.jpg

P3P%20009910.jpg

P3P%20009913.jpg

P3P%20009919.jpg

P3P%20009922.jpg

P3P%20009925.jpg

P3P%20009927.jpg

P3P%20009933.jpg

P3P%20009939.jpg

P3P%20009947.jpg

P3P%20009951.jpg

P3P%20009956.jpg

P3P%20009961.jpg

P3P%20009964.jpg

P3P%20009967.jpg

nekomata.jpg
I'm bored already, nya.

vanessa.jpg
We are almost done here, Miss Nekom...

lilim.jpg
Tch. Plans' what I'm done with.

P3P%20009975.jpg

P3P%20009982.jpg

P3P%20009984.jpg

lilim.jpg
Already done? Honey, there is a name for this.

vanessa.jpg
No, there is not. Hush.

And thus our heroine and the party continued forward. The next level was a short and straightforward affair with just a few weak enemies, and then...

P3P%20010006.jpg

renegade_vanessa.jpg
More of a closed gate.

vanessa.jpg
A way to open the way up the tower there must be.

lilim.jpg
I may be able to suggest one or two tricks to turn most locked gates into wide open maws.

vanessa.jpg
My, this is going to be a really long year.

nekomata.jpg
There's a briefcase thingie over there, nya.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
Indeed. And what is this inside?

nekomata.jpg
An old paper?

renegade_vanessa.jpg
There's something written on it.

vanessa.jpg
Let us read this. "The electricity's hooked up. But, why do they need so much? There's only a school on this island..."

They return to the entrance by means of the terminal on the other side of the room. Once there...

P3P%20010058.jpg

mitsuru_normal_tarin.jpg
We've climbed up as high as possible; our goal has been achieved for now. Good job.

vanessa.jpg
Thank you for your help and guidance, Kirijo-San.

Then our heroine decides first to go and train some more before going back to the dormitory, but after just a couple of battles...

renegade_vanessa.jpg
I'm done with this.

vanessa.jpg
Let us just get five or so more levels before calling it a night.

renegade_vanessa.jpg
No is no is no.

vanessa.jpg
Training is very important.

nekomata.jpg
I'm not coming out anyamore tonyaght.

lilim.jpg
Neither am I.

vanessa.jpg
But...

nekomata.jpg
Nyanyanya, I can't hear you.

vanessa.jpg
*sigh* Alright, you win.

010116.jpg

I want to update the Opera thread before continuing, so there may be a slight delay as I update over there before updating over here.

lightbane

Arcane
The Chariot is all about dominance, asserted will, and unified purpose. Doubt, contradiction, weakness, and all aspects of both self and context are beaten into submission and forced into compliance with the one true will and its thirst for victory over whichever it may be, which is the only one thing it can see.
It is also do or die. There is no other consideration than obtaining that which is pursued, and everything standing in the way either jumps out of the way or is anihilated, be it friend or lover or even a part of yourself.
That shit is not going to fly with us, and The Chariot is also about the pilgrim becoming a truly individual entity. This aspect is at times represented as an armored figure: Only her will matters, her own desires and lusts. Inside she is the opresor of everything contrary to her objective, outside she is impervious to all words or reasonings. She is one and herself, and until her will has been done nothing matters but victory.

So, the Chariot is the tsundere/ crazy fem-nazi archetype?

Kz3r0

Arcane
I am still trying to combine Tarots in triplets, one of the recent ones I come up with is:
The Wheel of Fortune
The Chariot
Justice
I have obtained this by combining Justice with the others to obtain 7 as sum of their numbers, at first I was baffled, but considering that in my experience The Wheel of Fortune and The Chariot are linked transformation, outcome of future events, as such Justice seemed fitting if intended as Fate, Arbiter of human fortunes.
But another explanation that links them all is possible, Merkabah.

In this case this guy is better suited than Xavier :P :
1844708-metron_2.jpg

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Well, either she got scared off by DU, in which case

ban DarkUnderlord :mob:!!1111;

or it's ST: Online again...

or both @_@

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Let's hope it's the latter, Mrowak. I imagine BCs inbox might've OMGWTFSPLODED after DU ran his article.

Anyway, time to perform some straight-up Nekomancy. Hopefully our offerings are enough to summon the warp entity and bring us lulz.

203680-blair.jpg

black_cat_witch.jpg

NekoWitch.jpg

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Dreaming.jpg

Come back, neko-nee-tan.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom