Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Preview Witcher 3 Twitch Livestream + Media Blitz

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Infinitron, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: CD Projekt; Marcin Iwinski; The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

A few days ago, CD Projekt announced that they would be broadcasting a special Witcher 3: Wild Hunt presentation on the GOG Twitch channel, including 15 minutes of "never-before-seen" gameplay highlights and a Q&A session with two of the game's developers. The date of the broadcast was today, right on the heels of PAX South, and it's about to begin:

This coming Monday, GOG.com and CD PROJEKT RED invite you to a special live streamed event at the GOG.com Twitch channel!

We'll be showcasing 15 minutes of completely fresh The Witcher: Wild Hunt gameplay highlights, while Damien Monnier - Senior Gameplay Designer, and Miles Tost - Level Designer, will be coming in live from the studio to provide developer commentary for the new footage. They'll be offering their insight, and an exclusive peek at the development process behind closed curtains at CD PROJEKT RED.

Once the gameplay commentary is finished, we will hold a live Q&A session on the air. Damien Monnier and Miles Tost will take the time to respond to live comments coming in via Twitch chat, as well as to select questions from the GOG.com community forums! It's a rare opportunity to ask about all the saucy details of The Witcher: Wild Hunt development.

If you have any questions for the folks at CD PROJEKT RED, you can submit them right here in this thread. You have until Sunday, Jan 25 at 7:00 PM GMT to submit your questions, when we'll be selecting the most interesting ones to throw at the devs during the live chat.

The live stream will begin on Monday Jan 26 7:00 PM GMT / 2:00 PM EST / 11:00 AM PST (you will find a countdown clock below) at Twitch.tv/GOGcom. Follow our channel for an e-mail alert when we go live. We'll see you there!
    While you're waiting for the presentation to begin, you might want to check out one of the many Witcher 3 previews which appeared across the Internet today, in a well-coordinated media blitz: Rock Paper Shotgun, Eurogamer, Polygon, GameSpot, IGN, and probably a bunch more. I particularly recommend the Polygon preview for an honest admission from CD Projekt joint CEO Marcin Iwinski about the company's new priorities. Ahem.

Update: Well, it's over. The gameplay segment was pretty disappointing, since the two devs kept talking over it and pausing, even though it was already disjointed and heavily edited. The Q&A session had a few interesting tidbits, though.

Update 2: The gameplay segment of the stream, sans developer commentary, has been uploaded to the official Witcher YouTube channel.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
  3. Helly Translating for brofists Patron

Helly
    Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    :shunthenonbeliever:

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  4. hiver Guest

hiver
    Its not a live gameplay video because these guys are not playing. They are just going over the pre-recorded hype movie.

^ Top  
  5. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Updated OP. :smug:

^ Top  
  6. Grotesque ±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Patron

Grotesque
    Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
    "general cyberpunk for the general gamer"

^ Top  
  7. Morkar Left Guest

Morkar Left
    It's two guys sitting there and answering questions about Witcher 3. Really newsworthy?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. undecaf Arcane Patron

undecaf
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    A hollow turd, in other words.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Just switched it on - who are these guys? The devs or some kind of PR bitches?

The one with the glasses said he hates QTEs and that's a good sign if he's a developer.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    I said there was also gameplay segments.

Can't you read

^ Top  
  11. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    No I can't.
    Write it again pliz.

Show Spoiler
    :roll:

^ Top  
  12. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Stream's over, updated OP.

^ Top  
  13. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Gameplay segment of the stream sans annoying devs:

^ Top  
  14. Zed Codex Staff Patron

Zed
    Codex USB, 2014
    over-animated talk sequences make people look like they all have parkinson's.

gerdolt from the riviera is still the dumbest fucking dolt in gaming.

but it's pretty, I'll give you that. almost on par with 2011's elder scrolls skryim with today's mods.

^ Top  
  15. hiver Guest

hiver
    Geralts coat clips through the horse. Horses tail crates a shadow separate from horses body.

Bloom. Although not too strong.

Exclamation marks over important quest related NPCs.

Rolling that doesnt affect stamina. More stamina then you will ever need.

Bloom.

Consilized Ui.

World split into separate zones. - which are fully open :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. kain30 Savant

kain30
    i don´t think i´m going to like TW3, it reminds me of skyrim :dead:

^ Top  
  17. Grotesque ±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Patron

Grotesque
    what I liked best best about the videos were the geese.

Consolized UI? Isn't The Withcher 3 inventory UI grid based now?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    ^ Top  
  18. hiver Guest

hiver
    No idea. Havent seen any. The Ui that is visible is consolized as hell. Obviously.

^ Top  
  19. Grotesque ±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Patron

Grotesque
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  20. Kem0sabe Arcane

Kem0sabe
    At least it has a grid inventory, regardless, none of the witchers had good functional ui's, and the previous 2 were developed for PC.

The problem is not that CDP is developing a console centric UI, the problem is that they are fucking inept at designing a good UI... period.

^ Top  
  21. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Summary of Q&A at GameBanshee: http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/115...-january-2015-gameplay-video-q-a-summary.html

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. hiver Guest

hiver
    I said consolized Ui not just inventory.

Siri has a "blink" ability, the exact same blink as Corvo in Dishonored, which was already shown in previous trailers so i have no idea what the fuck they are on about.

Harrumph. Not really. Only the first one was developed for PC. The second one was a ... abomination. Unholy wedlock of whatever they salvaged form the disastrous console version and whatever they managed to produce in the end.

So that rarity of ingredients can go fuck itself. Find it once and have it FOREVER.

-
    Mordor double tongue translation services provided for free.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. SCO Arcane In My Safe Space

SCO
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    cool pose bro

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    If they hate QTE's so much why were they in Tit Witcher 2?

^ Top  
  25. Minttunator Arcane Patron

Minttunator
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Bro, DO YOU EVEN POSE?

[​IMG]

Wouldn't it be cool to have Geralt striking various poses in the inventory screen! :P

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.