Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Witcher forums up

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher, The

If you're looking to discuss <A href="http://www.thewitcher.com/">The Witcher</a> in an official type capacity, they now have <A href="http://www.thewitcher.com/forum">official discussion forums</a> up on their site. Here's a blurb from their front page about it:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>We're proud to announce that the tests of our new Discussion Board have just begun. We'd like all our visitors to feel free to test it, report all the bugs, send us ideas and suggestions and, of course, enjoy using the Forum. Though the testing's still in progress, there are already various interesting discussions going on on Polish forum. Therefore, we'd like to invite everyone to visit our Board and have as much fun as possible using it. Be the first to start the discussion on International boards.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Nothing like beta testing a forum, eh?
<br>

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I finally registered. They have this funky rule
Links: You may paste links to other websites (commercial and private) only if it will supplement the discussion.
I could never understand. Why write such things? Why put any restricions on linking?

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
I think that if said restriction wasn't made, then people would spam boards constantly. It does make true in a way: no point in posting links in an ongoing discussion if it has nothing to do with it.

Though I assume people are still free to start new threads and post links to whatever site, as long as they're on topic.

Elwro

Arcane
If you want to spam a board, there's no need to post any links, so the above restriction won't stop that from happening.

Ausir

Arcane
BTW Elwro, don't you think that asking the makers of a Polish game in the Polish board about the interface stuff etc. is a better idea if you're Polish? :> More CD Projekt people are active on the Polish board (some probably aren't very good at English), so you're more likely to get an answer there.

Elwro

Arcane
Ausir said:
BTW Elwro, don't you think that asking the makers of a Polish game in the Polish board about the interface stuff etc. is a better idea if you're Polish? :>.
Heh, I thought about that, but no. Ryslaw's first language is English and some other CD Projekt employees have shown that they're quite proficient in this language. The main reason is that if I do get answered, I believe that the answer might be interesting for the international forum users too. I don't believe that the guy who posted a list of "What have they told us on the Polish board" will continue and update that list for a long time.

So, when will you do the offishul RPGCodeks Teh Wichurr intairvyou :D ?

Ausir

Arcane
I already sent them the questions - waiting for answers. And Ryslaw doesn't work at CDP anymore, anyway, since he moved abroad. He still helps them a bit, though. I didn't know that his first language was English, BTW. :>

Ryslaw

Novice
Ausir said:
I already sent them the questions - waiting for answers. And Ryslaw doesn't work at CDP anymore, anyway, since he moved abroad. He still helps them a bit, though. I didn't know that his first language was English, BTW. :>

Actually, neither did I move abroad nor is my first language English. :)

Although I do consider moving to Canada soon.

I'm not working on The Witcher anymore because of some other reasons...

Elwro

Arcane
Ryslaw said:
[Actually, neither did I move abroad nor is my first language English. :)
I was sure that you had written somewhere on CDProjekt's forum that you were "dwujęzyczny" (you were quarreling with some guy over translation issues and that was your final argument). That, as I understand that term, means that you have two first languages. But perhaps I was mistaken :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom