Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Without combat?

Zealot

Novice
Battles and combats give game a passion, I think that's why most developers tend to implement some kind of fighting to their games. In Warcraft 3, for example, developers came further, they implemented some RPG elements into their strategy game.

Zealot

Novice
4 year old? So What? Do you think there is much changed in RPG games? Just a graphics and sound evolution....

psycojester

Arbiter
I would so watch that movie.

it'd be about a super computer in a hardened bunker deep under the earth. Its sole purpose would be to post spam ads on forums with the majority of its capabilities being used to accurately simulate real people. It'd be a character study examining technophobia and the uncanny valley phenomenon (in the interest of making it worth watching the internet would be something along the lines of the Metaverse from Snow Crash)

With the eventual plot twist being that the human race has been wiped out (probably by a nuclear war or a virus) and all thats left is immense Spam Supercomputers endlessly trying to sell penis enlargement to one and another in the slowly corrupting remains of cyberspace.

Gosling

Liturgist
Zealot said:
Ha-ha-ha, sure... There is an AI program running inside my head..... :lol:

Could you please answer just one question for me:

You're in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down and see a tortoise. It's crawling toward you, you reach down and you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping. Why is that, Zealot?

Zealot

Novice
Gosling said:
Zealot said:

You're in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down and see a tortoise. It's crawling toward you, you reach down and you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping. Why is that, Zealot?

Aren't you delirious by chance? What desert? What tortoise?

Gosling

Liturgist
Zealot said:
Gosling said:
Zealot said:

Aren't you delirious by chance? What desert? What tortoise?

They're just questions, Zealot. In answer to your query they're written down for me. It's a test, designed to provoke an emotional response. Shall we continue?

Describe in single words. Only the good things that come into your mind. About your mother.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
McGmen02.jpg

Zealot

Novice
JarlFrank
Why did you remove previous picture? Are you afraid of being banned?

Zealot

Novice
JarlFrank said:
Zealot said:
JarlFrank
Why did you remove previous picture? Are you afraid of being banned?

I removed nothing. I just changed it into a link.

Well, removed from forum anyway, since it's not possible to see it until someone clicks on the link.

Lumpy

Arcane
For fuck's sake, JarkFrank. You're not cool enough like aweigh or nicolai to post out-of-context pictures and yet be funny. Stop it. Now.
v_for_vendetta_02_page_07.jpg

Darkflame

Scholar
psycojester said:
I would so watch that movie.

it'd be about a super computer in a hardened bunker deep under the earth. Its sole purpose would be to post spam ads on forums with the majority of its capabilities being used to accurately simulate real people. It'd be a character study examining technophobia and the uncanny valley phenomenon (in the interest of making it worth watching the internet would be something along the lines of the Metaverse from Snow Crash)

With the eventual plot twist being that the human race has been wiped out (probably by a nuclear war or a virus) and all thats left is immense Spam Supercomputers endlessly trying to sell penis enlargement to one and another in the slowly corrupting remains of cyberspace.

already been done.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom