Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry Empire II PLUS : Oujo no Isan - Legacy of the Princess for PC Translation - Completed!

jungl

Augur
wizardry empire 2 is overcooked. So many things are unnecessarily annoying in the game. Second dungeon for example got to the boss couldn't out dps him with a fighter with compound bow and priest using holy spell. Really dumb games expects you to farm till u get enough rare arrow of legends or spirit damaging items to complete this.

So many dark spots in the game and trap[s where you start to wonder why can't someone use a torch or spell. You know look out for the bomb or pit trap. Game mechanics are silly.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
doesn't dispel work on him? I don't remember farming arrows or anything special...

as for the dark area, you can use a spell or use items to look at your map.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
This thread made me start this up again. Dammit, got so many games to play but the oldies keep pulling me back in. Running with Dorarnae 's party of 6 werebeasts and really tearing shit up in the first dungeon. Good times ahead.

Lots of dead links in this thread though. Thankfully http://web.archive.org/web/20050206031812/http://homepage1.nifty.com/BQY00434/em2/em2_main.htm is still working, although Chrome doesn't auto translate the sub pages. Need to install the Google translate extension and highlight the text. Those bloody door riddles! Also, a lot of information about monsters and loot is gone and even worse- the maps are dead links!

Thank god, (or Hidden Asbestos ) for Grid Cartographer. Wonder whether Gamelink would be possible in this?

Last edited:

Dorarnae

Arbiter
yeah werebeast likes each others, you get some extra stats and learn spell faster, if you class change though you need the required base stats, I mean the extra point you get from the party doesn't count for class changing. there's certain gear they can't equip but they can wear most thing.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Thank god, (or Hidden Asbestos ) for Grid Cartographer. Wonder whether Gamelink would be possible in this?

Not for the PC version. Theoretically for the PS2 version at some point, but so far no PS2 emulator is supported. GC checks out the memory of either GC's Dosbox variant or the supported emulators, but sadly can't check out direct memory like Cheat Engine or ArtMoney, which would help with many contemporary games

jungl

Augur
made is to b3 castle with the elevator. Ran into these lucky guy that has really high decap chance also Night crawlers that can hit frontline for 250hp.

Is the strategy here to spam smokeballs till get favorable encounters cause the enemies on this floor are not worth fighting. focus on map progression im assuming.

connormgs

Novice
aweigh
I'm having a real hard time with Alex's Soul in Purgatory B3F, rerolled my fighters to neutral (they're all level 9 now) so I had a chance of actually hitting him but they're still using extremely basic weapons like hand axes and short swords (my battle axes/hammers can't even hit the boss!). What's the secret to beating this dude? The wiki says he has "204-400 HP and when I am using shitty short swords that can hit the boss it with 5 minute long encounters it feels like I am barely able to do enough HP to kill him but he just never drops. Did some reading and he regens 10% health every turn it looks like.

Also am I doing something extremely wrong or where am I supposed to get better gear from? Trading with the shop has been largely worthless and I'm not seeing much of anything from chest/enemy drops much less a special weapon to be used against spirits for example.

Update: rerolled two fighters to neutral, noticed I could make samurai now so I did, sliced the boss up!

Dungeon 3 boss is absolutely wrecking my shit one shotting party members every other turn, I got a couple blade cuisinarts from trading but I think I need to grind up my fighters/ninja to level 12-14 and somehow find better armor to beat this dude this is insane.

Leveled up my fighters one level each since they were way closer than I thought to leveling, then I found out debuffs can stack or something? Two diltos and I'm hitting every turn doing awesome damage, this encounter was made WAY easier after this discovery!

Castle B3F has me wanting to start drinking again I don't know if I can get through this, I'm reloading pretty much every other encounter like a guy earlier in this thread said he had to do as well.

Fought my way to castle B4F, smoke bombs are my best friend here as I creep through.

Last edited:

connormgs

Novice
I just remembered that the tomb in purgatory B3F didn't have riruga's thoughts and now I need it to fight the boss in the castle. I checked the tomb again and it said it was empty, am I just completely fucked now?

I was able to give heart of llylgamyn to gnilda, destroyed her and now I have beaten the game!

This game was so insanely hard once I hit the castle I had to grind for several days straight just to get the levels/gear I needed to kill stuff in B4F and onwards. Temple of the Gods has me absolutely terrified judging by how hard the castle was.

My thief died in Temple of the Gods and I guess I accidentally hit quit with save instead of without and it looks like that deleted him god damn.

Last edited:

connormgs

Novice
i finally beat lilith fuck this game i hate it
unknown.png

btw i've seen multiple fansites linked in this thread and a lot of stuff from the original wiz empire 2 doesn't apply to plus, this is the ultimate wizardry empire 2/plus reference page http://owloffice.html.xdomain.jp/2TOP.html (major thanks to this guy for answering my questions on twitter and ultimately being the key to me defeating lilith)

to anyone in the future that gets to god's temple: don't bother trying to minmax your party's race/alignment to increase the drop rate of better chests it does absolutely nothing in en2plus, fighting the weakest enemies vs the strongest enemies on the same floor will give you the exact same chance of getting a wooden box vs a mithril too.

made my way through the 6th floor with liberal use of mahaman and now i need to grind out a tadashi uramura for one of my berserkers (gee why does your mom let you have TWO berserkers) and then i can beat the final boss and delete this game forever

Last edited:

Troglofil

Novice
Is there any config file for this game? I have to manually select English and swap space with enter each time, which is quite annoying since the game needs to be restarted to load my save state.

Troglofil

Novice
Are you running the game with applocale?
No, I simply set Japanese as the preferred language/keyboard layout in Windows 10, and it worked fine. Anyway, I found out that if I only use the mouse until I reach the town screen, the settings don't revert back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom