Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry Empire II PLUS : Oujo no Isan - Legacy of the Princess for PC Translation - Completed!

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
MrRichard999

a lot of the riddles were taken from japanese academic prep materials. Later on the reason for Mondot's existence is revealed (for the player looking for it; it is completely optional bit of backstory) but the riddle content themselves is up in the air.

re-writing some of them as player easter eggs would not be a bad thing at all IMO.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Courtier

while the rare will o wisps give more EXP i never had the patience for farming them. i found it much quicker to farm demons and master ninjas in b5f.

you can drop by and visit them even if you haven't reached b5f once you get Malor. you can get the coordinates from one of my empire 2 videos that i posted in this very thread. i think it was:

from mirudaru b1f starting point: +4 steps to the east and +2 steps to the north then drop 4 floors (i.e. b4f). Yeah, it's just as tricky using malor as it has always been. The amount of floors you drop (or go up) are subtracted from the current floor you're in.

anyway yeah i would just Malor into b5f and b6f as my main two exp/chest farming floors. however unlike farming the will o wisps there is no safety net and any encounter can basically wipe your party if you're not careful. what i would do by that point in the game is copying and pasting my SAVE folder (inside the game's folder +hidden) so... depends on how you're playing the game.

i was real hard-core about playing it as the default difficulty intended until I reached mirudaru castle. The difficulty of the encounters is so high-lvl that it would simply be unfeasible to level up a rescue party if you get wiped in any of the more diabolical floors.

it would require levelling 2 parties all the time in order for the 2nd party to be viable as a rescue party. this game is longer and harder (huehuehue) than any of the classic Wizardries (in terms of encounters and fucked up gotcha traps).

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Courtier

here are the coordinates for Malor'ing down to b5f to the sweet spot where there are 6 fixed encounters waiting for ya.

the reason you see me going to a junk-pile in the vidoe afterwards is to change my alignment...

EDIT: using Malor to teleport into the exact same spot you're in resets fixed encounters. Great way to continue farming.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
btw, be mindful of your age! growing old is a right pain in the ass. there is a fountain that gives a random effect, of which one of the effects is de-ageing by 1 year (once it settles into its de-ageing effect you can use it over and over as it only changes effects if you leave the fountain drinking menu).

however that fountain is located in the post-game. AFAIK there is no other to de-age other than to use one of the high-level alchemy spells (this is where protectorate was conceived!).

my first time through i insisted on using a faerie bishop so i could always have her go 1st in the turn order (highest AGI possible in the game) and my god did i have a tough time keeping her alive until i reached the post-game. she was already 60 year sold by the time i reached mirudaru castle hah.

"...has passed away from disease." became one of my banes.

unlike what you see in my videos the best alignment combination for a party is:

3 good / 3 neutral

3 evil / 3 neutral

i'll leave the race combinations for you guys to figure out. (or you can just look at the race chart in one of the websites).

Courtier

Prophet
AFAIK there is no other to de-age other than to use one of the high-level alchemy spells (this is where protectorate was conceived!).
Not so - as I'm playing I frequently record and check the effects of all the gear I find in the records, and in doing so I've come across some items that reverse aging on use:

Stone of Youth
Nyoi Bo
Lich Robe
Bent Shield

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
oh yeah, the stone of youth! i forgot about that one.

as for lich robe and bent shield: the bent shield is limited to fighter-types so no good if you want to de-age your faerie bishop.

lich robe works, also forgot about that one.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
UPDATE to Version 0.98! WE FINALLY GOT THE ENGLISH GRAPHICS IN! CHECK THE FIRST POST FOR THE UPDATE

THANKS TO ThisNameIsFree for figuring this out!

Is the latest download definitely functional? All I get when trying to run the exe is a black screen which crashes when I press a key, or crashes and gives a "file is corrupted" error when I alt-tab out. It does create empire2_dev.inf and empire2_obj.inf, however.

I haven't put any effort into figuring it out, I just want to make certain it's a problem on my end first.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
UPDATE to Version 0.98! WE FINALLY GOT THE ENGLISH GRAPHICS IN! CHECK THE FIRST POST FOR THE UPDATE

THANKS TO ThisNameIsFree for figuring this out!

Is the latest download definitely functional? All I get when trying to run the exe is a black screen which crashes when I press a key, or crashes and gives a "file is corrupted" error when I alt-tab out. It does create empire2_dev.inf and empire2_obj.inf, however.

I haven't put any effort into figuring it out, I just want to make certain it's a problem on my end first.

It most definitely is working. It's not the entire game though, just a patched .exe. You'll need to Google for the PC .iso and install it first, then paste the exe into the installation folder. When I got 'file is corrupted' it was before I'd figured that out!

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
AFAIK there is no other to de-age other than to use one of the high-level alchemy spells (this is where protectorate was conceived!).
Not so - as I'm playing I frequently record and check the effects of all the gear I find in the records, and in doing so I've come across some items that reverse aging on use:

Stone of Youth
Nyoi Bo
Lich Robe
Bent Shield

What about the Goddess Trap? Surely that's the same as Kiss of the Goddess from Elminage Gothic that de-ages you by a year? I've got a vested interest here, I've got 2 Fairies!

Courtier

Prophet
Probably yes, but I haven't gotten that one a single time so far. What I did get was total party kill by Curse of the Cobra and Demon Eye many times. Seriously when those pop up, make sure you recently saved and can risk it, otherwise just leave the chest.

I'm still on the first three floors of the castle, this shit is hardcore mang. But the risk vs. reward is incredible, often after a particularly difficult encounter you get a gold chest with several mindblowing items that make your day. This is what's so good about Wizardry and its cousins - there's extremely powerful items and spells everywhere, you can grind and ''cheat'' and multiclass to get all spells and convert money to exp all you want, but they're STILL difficult. You get rewarded for gaming the system, but it takes considerable effort to beat it. No amount of faggot nu-rpg Sawyerite ''balancing'' can make an RPG get close to this heartpounding high.

WIZARDRY forever men

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
from one of the empire-2 wiki-websites.

There is a concept of age as the real thrill of Wizardry. Take the old almost certainly Once dead revived, special attack of monsters, accommodation in inn, we will take a year due to various factors. Taking the age will make it easier to lost. Here, I had to write in the range to understand some of the younger way. I think that basically like its predecessor.

1. SP open age of distorted shield -1
  2. Of youth of stone SP open age -1
  3. SP open the age of the devil of the spear spear -1
  4. SP open the age of the devil of Hokoyari [Break] -1
  5. SP open age of deicida -5
  6. SP open age of Ruyi bar -1
  7. Cherry stick of SP open age -1
  8. SP open the age of the large ax of death -1
  9. SP open the age of the big lollipop -1
  10. SP open the age of the rich robe -1
  11. SP open the age of the blood of virgin -5
  12. SP open the age of miracle of stone -10
  13. SP open age of Cosmo Weapon -10
  14. Yaron age of ESP system Lv7 -1 ※ use eventually most.
  15. Addictive treasure box trap "kiss of the goddess." Age -1 ※ confirmed from lacquer made more than rank.
  16. Using the gods temple basement the third floor of the fountain of (random). It is quite troublesome because it also contains aging ※.

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Probably yes, but I haven't gotten that one a single time so far. What I did get was total party kill by Curse of the Cobra and Demon Eye many times. Seriously when those pop up, make sure you recently saved and can risk it, otherwise just leave the chest.

I'm still on the first three floors of the castle, this shit is hardcore mang. But the risk vs. reward is incredible, often after a particularly difficult encounter you get a gold chest with several mindblowing items that make your day. This is what's so good about Wizardry and its cousins - there's extremely powerful items and spells everywhere, you can grind and ''cheat'' and multiclass to get all spells and convert money to exp all you want, but they're STILL difficult. You get rewarded for gaming the system, but it takes considerable effort to beat it. No amount of faggot nu-rpg Sawyerite ''balancing'' can make an RPG get close to this heartpounding high.

WIZARDRY forever men

You will definitely like Wizardry Chronicles if you like a challenge. I hope to have that ready real soon.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
hey if you need help with something in particular or specific to do in Chronicle let me know. this time i can do it.

oh, and btw, you never told me what is going on with wiz-gaiden-4 for the snes. what are the issues? why'd the last guy drop it?

i want to see if i can help complete that one as well.

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I just finished all the spacing for what was inserted and dumped the remaining Japanese dialogues. Right now I am inserting whats left of what I have already translated. Someone on RHDN is looking at Wiz IV gaiden at the moment so we will see what happens with that. I think he is just relocating how the large font writes to certain areas of memory or something along those lines.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
gotcha. implementing/modifying the font and its width is suuch a fucking nightmare man. i'm guessing wiz-gaiden-4 did not originally come with a variable width font... heh. hacking in that bullshit is basically reverse-engineering.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
yeah Starfish really made some unforgettable dungeons in empire.

the temple of the gods is so bullshit lol as soon as you enter they put you in a darkzone with bomb-walls and pits.

do post if you reach the final floor man.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
So I reached postgame, here's some gameplay lads

Last dungeon is scary

nice character portrait. way better than the ps1 version lol.
I found my memory card the other day and tried to play this game again but was kinda discouraged at my party. I think it would be better to restart from the beginning someday.

demilich

Novice
Hi guys

Could you please help me a bit. I cleared first 3 levels of Grotto of Exiled, killed Juda the Cave King, and... what next? He told me to look for the princess in "the mine shaft", where do I need to go now?

Courtier

Prophet
I was also confused by that, it was phrased a bit awkwardly. You just have to go to the next dungeon, Purgatory Garden. I assume he meant she was held in the mineshaft at first and was then moved, so now you have to go find clues elsewhere.

demilich

Novice
Is Purgatory Garden has just 2 levels and no princess also?) Searched through it, found some locked elevator, thats all. Time for the 3rd dungeon, or missed something again?

BTW, dungeon design is really clever and great)

Courtier

Prophet
You need the blue ribbon to access the elevator. Find the ghost and get an amulet from him after a fight, then trade that with blue Faust who is cowering elsewhere. Your goal is to get the ''Soul of Princess'' and defeat a spirit on the bottom floor. After completing the garden, your next stop is the Buried Dragon dungeon. When you're done there, the Castle opens up.

demilich

Novice
Thank you. Got the amulet already, yes, now to trading with Faust)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom