Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry Empire II PLUS : Oujo no Isan - Legacy of the Princess for PC Translation - Completed!

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
563984_front.jpg

563984_back.jpg

CURRENT PROGRESS

COMPLETED! (ABOUT 98% COUNTING BUGS AND FIXES THAT MAY BE FOUND)

TESTED AND WORKS IN 64-BIT WINDOWS 7

CREDITS
MRRICHARD999 - HACKING
HELLY, RIKOREN, JINK640, & AGENTORANGE - TRANSLATIONS

PACNSACDAVE - GRAPHICAL EDITS
AWEIGH -
Helped in fixing up item menu and changed spell/item names to be more faithful to the series
ThisNameIsFree - Changed the font to make it work better in dialogue boxes & inserted English graphics.

Here is a full beta release of the English EXE (Version 0.98). You can download it here on this site. -----> http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2318/

DO NOT APPLY UPDATES FROM THE WEBSITE AS THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN APPLIED TO THE TRANSLATION PATCH!!!!!

Currently we believe we have 98% of the text completed but there may be imperfections, misspellings, and bugs which are currently being looked for during testing at the moment.

What remains to be done
- Names of locations when in town on the ribbon banners at the top of the screen (Shouldn't handicap
anyone from playing though..)

- Unknown things to be found during play-testing

ALSO WHEN RUNNING THIS BE SURE TO RUN MICROSOFT APPLOCALE AS A PRELOADER AS THE FONT WILL NOT BE CORRECTLY DISPLAYED AND WILL ALSO EFFECT ENTRY OF LETTERS ON PROMPT MENUS IN THE GAME!!

WHEN PLAYING THE GAME, YOU MUST GO INTO THE CONFIGURATION AND ENABLE THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE OR ELSE THINGS WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED PROPERLY. SEE THE IMAGE BELOW FOR AN EXAMPLE.

cPEAiSb.jpg

FOR THOSE HAVING TROUBLE ENTERING ENGLISH LETTERS FOR NAMES, SEE THE PICTURE BELOW AND CLICK ON THE ARROWS WHEN ON THESE SCREENS TO TAKE YOU TO THE ENGLISH LETTERS. YOU CAN USE THE KEYBOARD AND TYPE IN WHAT YOU NEED TO USE AND HOLD SHIFT FOR CAPITALS. CURRENTLY THERE ARE SOME ISSUES WITH CLICKING THE LETTERS DUE TO THE FONT RESIZING. WE ARE CURRENTLY ADDRESSING THIS ISSUE AT THE MOMENT SO PLEASE BE PATIENT.

Mj8Iywq.jpg

ALSO DO NOT APPLY THE UPDATE FROM THE WEBSITE AS THIS HAS BEEN UPDATED ALREADY AS THE EXE WAS THE ONLY THING TO HAVE BEEN MODIFIED.

If you happen to find anything please feel free to contact MrRichard999 and supply screenshots if you have them.

Enjoy the translation!

IF ANYBODY HAS PLAYED THIS OR OWNS A COPY AND HAS ANY SAVE FILES/DATA THAT THEY COULD SEND US PLEASE LET US KNOW!!

-NOTE ABOUT SAVED GAMES

IF YOU PREVIOUSLY PLAYED A GAME BEFORE WITHOUT USING APPLOCALE AND STARTED TO USE IT, YOU MAY
NOTICE THE SAVED FILES ARE GONE, THIS CAN BE FIXED BY GOING INTO THE SAVE DIRECTORY WHICH
IS HIDDEN IN THE INSTALLATION FOLDER AND SIMPLY RENAMING THE SAVED FILES WITH REGULAR
CHARACTERS. THEY WILL THEN SHOW UP WHEN YOU LOAD THEM WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS!

Updates since Version 0.951
- Fixed weapons names used in battle as some were missed
- Eliminated &'s from dialogue as they left Underscores in the text.
- Corrected introduction text at the castle.

Updates since Version 0.952
- Fixed enemy names to now show when summoning them as allies.
- Fixed spell names and a few item names to make them more faithful to the Wizardry series (Thanks Aweigh!)
- Cleaned up item characteristics when brought up in the item menu (Press "i" while using an item)
- Some grammar fixes in the dialogue.

Updates since Version 0.953
- Font has been changed to better fit in the dialogue boxes thanks to ThisNameIsFree
- Few corrections in dialogues.

Updates since Version 0.98
- Insertion of English graphics for maps, SPEEL correction, and clickable buttons when entering characters are in English now.

Also I posted below the home page of the games website and also where you can purchase your own copy on Amazon as well for those who wish to have the disc and original content.

Game Home Page ------> http://www.s-f.co.jp/soft/pc/wizpc2/wiz2plus.html

The Original Japanese copies can be bought here ----> http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00027LDFC?tag=starfish0c-22&camp=243&creative=1615&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=B00027LDFC&adid=1XD4GXSXTR6TYMG08YNP&&usg=ALkJrhgszib45itWinVwRb-qn_Qgs4SVUg

Treasure Japan - Japanese Proxy Service for those who wish to order from the site above or other vendors in Japan that wont ship to the states! -----> https://treasure-japan.com/

D8cxMbW.png
RZ1J1Nw.png
YWTQxRT.png
pHJQM4g.png
fJiHQFZ.png

Last edited:

TigerKnee

Arcane
Somehow I think this is one Wiz game that not many people is going to appreciate the translation of...

Unless, you know...

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I feel pretty good about doing this project in that it will be one that any Wizardry fan will appreciate. it doesn't have too much of that "anime" influence and especially the fact that it is on PC where you can use a mouse like old school games like eye of the beholder. This is something that any old school first person dungeon crawler will appreciate! Its got great graphics, sound, and the fact that the last Wizardry game that was released on PC was 8, this is a nice addition to any PC owner to have!

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
I thought I was going to release Wizardry Chronicle first but after looking at the work each one needed, I decided to finish off this one first as it was closer to completion. We just finished off all the dungeon dialogue which was the majority of the game. Right now we are going through a few small things here and there and also need to complete the Mondot Door riddle dialogues as well. This could be out real soon depending on how fast everything goes so expect a release very soon! :D

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i'm just going to say this straight up: i have no legitimate way of ordering the game (my credit is chapter 11) and i also do not wish to spend money on buying or much less importing it. i searched for a way to torrent or download from a sharing site the windows ISO of the game's 2002 release but i gave up aftre a couple of days trying. the only version that pops up is the ps1 version.

in fact if you just put in the game's title, wizardry empire 2 + windows + starfish, the only links google spits out initially are the translation project discussions in this website from Mr. Richard (god bless him!).

so tl;dr would anyone care to link me towards an iso of this game so i can play mr. richard's translation? i'm sure many, many others here are in the same position as myself; it would allow the efforts gone into translating the game to bear more fruit if the people downloading it could also download the game itself. we're all adults here and whoever was gonna download a game in the first place is going to do it no matter what, and whoever wants to buy it will buy it no matter what. let's not start any sort of ethical discussion pls, just links or pm's.

edit: if it's worry over starfish's retirement money that is in play here then at least i can assure you that i bought elminage gothic on steam for a grand total of 2.99 usd. so they've got at least something from me :) :) :)

Courtier

Prophet
Oh I don't think we have to worry about a single Codexer playing it. I was about to purchase, but then I checked the links.

¥16,480 ($135)

I can buy every localized Wizardry-based title released in the past few years with that. If I get them secondhand, I'll have some change for those coming out in 2016. Not a poorfag, but $135 excluding import costs is not a reasonable price for a blobber like this. Has nobody checked the original price? It was 5040 yen ($40) which I would gladly lay down. But now it is only being (re)sold for exorbitant prices and sold out everywhere but amazon.

GGSK4ms.jpg

hA7JJ6y.png

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Good news folks, Dorarnae linked me to a very old wikia-style website about the PS2 version of this game and because i had been spending the majority of my energy in poring over the broken links and the dungeon maps i completely failed to notice that the person who made the website has an entire section with ALL of the game's riddle's explained and answer provided.

It is extremely explicit: while playing when you encounter Mondot skim the body of what he's asking you, as usually this will include things like symbols or numbers or words in english (yes the original game's riddles feature a lot of english language) and then just cross-reference with the solutions in the website. Whether you need to enter the answer in uppercase or lowercase or roman numeral or arabic number or if the answer is only correct in english or in japanese is _explicitely_ mentioned in the riddle solutions. They riddles are all random so if you get one that's incromprehensible and you can't find its answer in the site, leave and talk to Mondot again until you get one with numbers or something.

link: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=2&hl=en&prev=/search?q=%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A3%E3%82%B6%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%83%AA%E3%82%A3+%E3%82%A8%E3%83%B3%E3%83%91%E3%82%A4%E3%82%A2II+%EF%BD%9E%E7%8E%8B%E5%A5%B3%E3%81%AE%E9%81%BA%E7%94%A3%EF%BD%9E+walkthrough&start=10&sa=N&biw=1920&bih=961&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&u=http://web.archive.org/web/20050218000211/http://homepage1.nifty.com/BQY00434/em2/event.htm&usg=ALkJrhi3_lNZPV8HVzuRRWb2-eC5tzlEew

------------------------------------------------------------------------- the relevant stuff here ---------------------------------------------------------

※ question-and-answer door Lv1~Lv10 ※
Problem) first question Answer) D
If yesterday's bright people at a later date to it's Saturday, Or the day before yesterday the day after tomorrow is what day of the week, Answer from the A~G. A: Monday B: Tuesday C: Wednesday D: Thursday E: Friday F: Saturday G: Sunday

▼ input specification ⇒ English / alphabet large only ▼
Explanation: It can be seen to think while watching the calendar.
Problem) Problem 2 Answer) W
To find a certain law, Answer the alphabet to enter the next □. SMT □ TFS

Explanation: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday ... day of initials.
Problem) Problem 3 Answer) 36
To find a certain law, to answer a number to enter the next □. 1,4,9,16,25, □, 49

▼ input specification ⇒ only numbers ▼
Explanation: 1 × from left 1,2 × 2,3 × 3,4 × 4,5 × 5, 6 × 6,7 × 7
Problem) Problem 4 Answer) E
To find a certain law, Answer the alphabet to enter the next □. ... NE ENE □ ESE SE ...

Explanation: This is the abbreviation for orientation.E stands for EAST (east). N stands for NORTH (north). S stands for SOUTH (south). W stands for WEST (West). NE Northeast, ENE is east-northeast.
Problem) fifth questions Answer) JQKA
To find a certain law, Answer the alphabet to enter the next □ in a row. 2,3,4,5,6,7,8, 9,10, □, □, □, □

Explanation: Rank order of playing cards. Strongest A (Ace) is.
Problem) Problem 6 Answer) 12
Saber Tiger is the two dogs nap. Baby twins word Beast in the side is, It is crawling. When both together, answer or a total of foot will be what the present.

Explanation: With two + hind legs two front legs of the animal 4 × 2 dogs = 8. Humans two 2 people = This 4 × foot of (Beastman). Total 12.
Problem) seventh questions Answer) 10
Now just lunch 12:00 of. Clock minute hand (the minute hand) hour hand (hour hand) will not overlap If this once, 12:00 midnight, that is, until 0:00 Answer or overlap many more times.

Explanation: From 11:00 stand no.
Issue) questions eighth Answer) 1
If you arrange the numbers from 1 to 100, and is used most Number Answer something.

Explanation: 1,10~19,21,31,41,51, 61,71,81,91,100
Problem) Question 9 Answer) 20
If you arrange the numbers from 1 to 100, 5 numbers to answer how many.

Explanation: 5,15,25,35,45, 50,51,52,53,54,55 (two) 56,57,58,59,65,75, 85, 95
Problem) the first 10 questions Answer) son
From the following testimony, Answer or person named B hits to what A. Testimony: No stomach brothers and sisters in A.Father of B is the son of the father of A.

▼ input specification ⇒ Japanese / hiragana and katakana only ▼
Explanation: Son of the father of A only A. Because we do not have brothers and sisters to A. Thus, A is the father of B. In other words, B becomes son as viewed from the A.

※ question-and-answer door Lv21~Lv30 ※
Problem) 21 questions Answer) ocean
There Answer what is located in the person. There is no Light darkness God devil Food drink Sunspot white point Blue sky night sky

Explanation: There is a light in the sun Sun god There is a solar eclipse There is a black spot Not in the night sky

Problem) Question No. 22 Answer) with
There Answer what is located in the person. There is no Town Labyrinth Food drink Old and new Stone mud The 3rd the 6th

Explanation: We have come up with always the moon is in the city lunar eclipse New moon Moonstone Crescent moon
Problem) Question 23 Answer) hole
There Answer what is located in the person. There is no Whistle drum Needle thread Tunnel bridge Cannon sword Ring stone

Explanation: there is all hole towards a certain.
Problem) 24 questions Answer) Watch
There Answer what is located in the person. There is no Pillar ceiling Tower Castle Sand stone Belly back Dove dragon

Explanation: wall clock clock tower hourglass Stomach clock Cuckoo clock
Problem) 25 questions Answer) H
To find a certain law, Answer the alphabet to enter the next □. HEDG □ FWDHD

Explanation: Human, Elf, Dwarf, Gnome, Hobbit, Faerie, Werbeast ... adventurer tribal name initials.

Problem) Question 26 Answer) S
To find a certain law, Answer the alphabet to enter the next □. FMPTBR □ MVLSKNBW

Explanation: Fighter, Mage, Priest, Thief, Bishop, Ranger, Samurai ... adventurer occupational name initials.
Problem) Question 27 Answer) 6
There 6M (meters) from the boat deck to the water surface. If the tide continues filled by 1M in 1 hour, After 3 hours, the distance of the water surface and the deck, Answer or have become what M.

Explanation: No matter how full tide, the ship in the same state Since keep floating and remains 6M.
Problem) Question 28 Answer) Owl
There Answer what is located in the person. There is no Day and night Witch priest Machihazure Street Ear lips Taxi horse-drawn carriage

Explanation: Generally, owl nocturnal A typical pet owl witch Owl Machihazure There are no lips to horned owl Oulu taxi

Problem) Question 29 Answer) 3
500G, 100G, 50G, 10G, 5G, of 1G Use all of the coins, to 750G with 15 sheets 10G of coins Answer What sheets use.

Explanation: And because to use all six types of coins, 500 + 100 + 50 + 10 + 5 + 1 = 666 750-666 = 84G are 15-6 = 9 sheets use 4 sheets 1G so 1G to make a 1 digit 4 The remaining 80G, filled with 5 coins after. 50G + 10G + 10G + 5G + 5G = 80G In other words, 500G is one, 100G is one,50G is two, 10G is three, 5G is three, 1G is five.
Problem) the first 30 questions Answer) 5
In turkey training field, Ninja and thieves and warriors did the competition. The arena of distance 60M (meters) for 5 minutes, Ninja six laps, thieves five laps, warrior 4 is orbiting. The three people, the aligned again start line, Answer or after many minutes to become.

Explanation: It is aiming what laps Mawareru in each 5 minutes Then three people-aligned is, after 5 minutes.

※ question-and-answer door Lv31~Lv40 ※
Problem) Question No. 31 Answer) 30
Up to B25 floor there is a go elevator. It took 5 seconds to get off from the B1 floor to the B5 floor. And to get down to B25 floor from B1 floor as fast as this Many seconds it takes or Answer.

Explanation: From B1 floor to B5 floor elevator going down 4-storey. B25 until the floor becomes a thing to get off 24-storey, Takes six times the time of 4 Kai-bun get down to B5 floor 5 seconds × 6 = 30 seconds.
Problem) the first 32 questions Answer) 126
Elf There are four people. The sum of the current four of age is 576 years old. Elf that was premature death 10 years ago is have one, Five sum of at that time was 662 years old. Elf of age was premature death 10 years ago Answer how old.

Explanation: Ten years ago, ie, the four people × 10年 536-year-old is pulled from the current total of 576-year-old. From 662-year-old plus the age of the elf was premature death Subtracting this = 126 years old.
Problem) Question No. 33 Answer) there
There Answer what is located in the person. There is no Hell heaven Valley Peak Mind body Back front Shoes hat

Explanation: Hell of bottom Valley floor Basis cordis Depth Shoe sole
Problem) Question 34 Answer) heart
There Answer what is located in the person. There is no Parent-child On the lower True False Willpower Picture character

▼ input specification ⇒ Japanese / hiragana and katakana ▼
Explanation: To say the parental love, but do not generally say that Kokokoro Ulterior motive Sincerity Temper Artistic taste
Problem) 35 questions Answer) 8
To find a certain law, to answer a number to enter the next □. 1 + 1 = 6 2 + 2 = 6 3 + 3 = 10 4 + 4 = 8 5 + 5 = □ 6 + 6 = 6 7 + 7 = 10

Explanation: The answer is the number of characters when you wrote the numbers in English.
Problem) Question No. 36 Answer) 37
Murphy Jr. From the testimony of Earl, Answer his age (Man'nenrei). Testimony: My date of birth, year and day in two digits, If you 5 digits side by side this number The same numbers even if upside down. Certainly now, I wonder was the imperial calendar '48.

Explanation: Murphy Jr. Earl is 37 years old. Date of birth, the Imperial calendar January 11, 11, Or by August 11, 11, Even if upside down it is the same number. Because now empire calendar '48, And there can be no empire calendar 1996 and '88.
Problem) 37 questions Answer) Calendar
28 is added to 4 when it is in the 2 also 1, even sometimes 3, And it may be a four. What answer those things this strange occurs.

Explanation: Four days after the 28th of the next month of the day if large of the month, Two days if the small of the month, February 4 days, February of a leap year will be three days.
Problem) 38 questions Answer) E
People of Hobbiton and Norm village will have six. It lies with the people I've heard some people are. From the following conditions and remarks, answer all the people of Nome village. Conditions: Hobbiton people always lie. People of Nome village always tell the truth. Remark: A "lie with one person" B "lies with the two people." C "lie with the three" D "lie with 4 people" E "lies with the five" F "lie with six people."

Explanation: Because six of the remarks is not the same none, First, it is one of stated the truth. If you become, the liar is five. Thus, the remarks of E is true.
Problem) Question 39 Answer) 59
We have put the slime to a large treasure box. Slime two animals from one animal every time you stand one second, 4 mice from two animals, as from 4 animals 8 mice ... that Growth and will continue to. And, treasure box is now filled up in one minute. In, slime of just become half of the treasure box, Answer or after what seconds after you turn on the slime.

Explanation: Slime will grow by two times every time it goes by one second. Since become a full tank became half of the treasure box after 1 second 1 min -1 seconds became a full tank = 59 seconds
Problem) 40th questions Answer) 6
There is a bath for the giants of depth 25M (meters). Every day for 18 hours of 0:00 to 18:00, When this bath continue to put the hot water on, hot water increases 6M but Then, hot water for 6 hours up to 0:00 helicopter 2M, The rest becomes 4M. Thus, when going in proportion increasing by 4M per day, The first to overflowing from the hot water bath, to answer what day.

Explanation: In order to continue increasing by 4M (meters) per day, Water level becomes 24M at day 6, Error to think that hot water overflows on the seventh day. Because of that one by 4M is correct until the fifth day, It is in the water level of the 4M × 5日= 20M in five days. However, day 6, from 0:00 6M worth of water increases until 18:00. Assuming, 20M + 6M next, 3 o'clock the morning of the sixth day, a bath of hot water overflowing.

※ question-and-answer door Lv41~Lv50 ※
Problem) Question 41 Answer) princess
There Answer what is located in the person. There is no Dress tuxedo Kingdom of democracy Contact Shinobi Shinobu Guard punch Sister brother

Explanation: I am not wearing a tuxedo because the princess is a woman No princess to democracy Princess leaves to town incognito Princess guard Princess of this story sister
Problem) Question 42 Answer) 11111
□ × □ = 123454321 As the above equation is satisfied, □ Answer the number that applies to. However, the two □ contains the same number.

Explanation: 11111 × 11111 = 123454321
Problem) 43 questions Answer) D
5 horsemen of A~E has competed in equestrian competition. The following conditions as possible from the remark, winner answer somebody. Conditions: 1 person won, one person finishers while the lowest. The other three abstained in the middle. Abstention who lied, finishers say the truth. Remark: A "D abstained" B, "A was the lowest" C, "E abstained" D "C was the lowest" E "B was finish"

Explanation: If you believe the remarks of B, Conditions from A = lowest, B = victory, CDE = abstention In this case, not satisfied because the statement of C are inconsistent. If you believe the remarks of D, C = lowest, D = victory from the condition, ABE = abstention In this case, it established since the conditions and remarks are not contradictory. Therefore, it had won the D.
Problem) Question No. 44 Answer) 168
Secret notes is here. Of up to 3 to 12 pages in its Because there was need of a point over the course of 10 pages the place where the cut, the rest became a 190 page. In addition, in 20 pages of the 56-75 page It was cut because there was need of a point across. The remaining number of pages of this book, answer what page.

Explanation: 10 pages of up to 3 to 12 pages You can easily find the cut, the present to become a 190 page, If Kiritore up to 56-75 pages It is to be cut up to 55-76 pages. That page of the beginning and the end And it will also include a back side of the page.

Problem) 45th questions Answer) WIZARDRY
"Tutsi sushi in Te lived" This is a cipher of something. Tips, what is in front of you now. Decrypts, the answer to whether it says what.
Explanation: Corresponding to (Kana) key on the keyboard Is (alphabetical).
Problem) Question 46 Answer) 6
And to defeat the hordes of zombies, Turkey just 10 days Only Ryan will take 15th. If you defeat the zombies together two people of Turkey and Ryan How many days take or Answer.

Explanation: If the total amount of zombies and 1 The amount of zombies turkey defeat per day = 1/10 The amount of zombies Ryan defeat per day = 1/15 amount two people beat a day 1/10 + 1/15 = 5/30 30 (quantity and defeat in one day) (the total amount) ÷ 5 = 6
Problem) Question 47 Answer) When
There Answer what is located in the person. There is no Flow stagnation Body soul Luck strength Historical geography Measurement

Explanation: Flowing when Forever the soul there is a time to fleshChange luck with time It will make history when Clock
Problem) 48 questions Answer) 8712965
In the A-Thu of the following formula, the number of up to 1-9 Ensure that holds using once. Answer the number that applies to the A-Thu in a row. However 3 issued as a hint and 4 that are not used. Abc 4 d - Contact 3 oyster ------ 77777

Explanation: 87 142 A = 8 - 9365 Lee = 7 ------ C = 1 77777 d = 2 O = 9 Mosquitoes = 6 Ki = 5
Problem) Question 49 Answer) match
And an oil lamp in the hut which was reached in the snowy mountains There was a fireplace and a charcoal stove. However, the match does not have only one. To ignite all, Answer from any number 1 destination should ignite.

Explanation: To put a fire in all, in the time being ahead, We set fire to the match.
Problem) the first 50 questions Answer) Dog
The words of the pair in parentheses, there is a certain law. In addition, it is common to all groups of A~E. Locate the law, to answer the words in the □. A (Pool-wheel) B (chip Ana) C (God · □) D (pot-top) E (Mood fate)

Explanation: Pool = pool loop = wheel Chip = tip pit = hole God = god dog = dog Pot = pot top = top Mood = mood doom = fate

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ fuck you mondot -----------------------------------------------------------

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
...btw the actual site itself has everything properly formatted. i didn't notice how mangled my copy/paste ended up.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
actually it turns out the entire thing is even easier! each riddle is numbered. so while they are all random Mondot will always begin with the arabic numbers for that riddle, i.e. riddle #12, for example, and it's usually the only western numerals sandwiched inside a lot of japanese text.

the riddle-answers are numbered as well, it's as simple as that! the only ones that might be tricky are the ones that require the answer to be entered in japanese. it doesn't seem like that'll be a problem tho, as so far like 7/10 times the riddle answer is always a combination of numbers, an english name (like for example "THURSDAY") or a some squares and triangles one after the other. i'm almost done now finishing the grotto and it does indeed appear that critical-path progression is completely dependant on going through at least one of those doors while inside a dungeon. some are completely optional.

heh, i thought it was gonna be a piece of cake to finish up the grotto just answer the riddle and get to the area i've yet to explore but of course i forgot, this be japan we're dealing with :) the area i finally got to is a huge dark-zone filled with pits, anti-magic tiles and _exploding tiles_ that will wipe your party out in a hurry if you don't navigate in the dark perfectly.

heh. i admit, it's challenging but it's incredibly addictive. i think the only other wizardry in the history of the series to have a mine-field inside a dark-zone was... wiz 4. !!!

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
maaaan Starfish really put the ADT LOCK-DOWN on the goddamn save files! not only is the save folder hidden but it absolutely, positively refuses to accept ANY change done via hex editing.

i just spent the last 1 hour and a half or so creating test characters in the game then saving and quitting in order to compare the values with the characters already inside my current party: you know basic amateur stuff comparing offsets, etc, trial and error approach.

my goal is/was to find which offset houses the value for the gender/race and/or gender/race/class, (in Elminage there is one byte for gender AND race, and another one seperate for class and alignment); even after finding a bunch of likely candidates changing the values, even simply changing one guy's to match the same as another guys, i.e. safe stuff, and the game refuses to recognize an edited save file.

i dunno maybe i just suck :(

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Dorarnae

hey man, so what was your party setup and classes in wiz empire? (any of them, 1, 2, 3, whichever they all use the same system)

just looking for tips on how to start setting up a good end-game party. like for example in Elminage series a very very very good important step for end-game party building is in the beginning of the game to have at least 2 characters max out the Alchemy spell school, then switch those 2 over to mage/priest/bishops, for having maximum usefulness in magic selection. (personally i prefer grinding THREE alchemists in the beginning and then changing 1 to mage, another to priest and the final one to bishop).

however due to the LOVE % system diluting some of my chars attribute scores (or in the case of the hobbit thief skyrocketing his to OP numbers!) it becomes harder than in Elminage series to class change when you want to. Also because mix of evil/good chars in same party affects LOVE % as well makes it hard to achieve the requirements for class change. So when i do eventually change everyone into their second class it has to be really good choice so i ask for advice :)

Dorarnae

Arbiter
the tip I can give for Wizardry empire 2 to help with the game is: the castle map, the monster on 4th floor i think and below are quite crazy and grinding random area will take a long time. there's a fixed encounter(if it's the same thing as the ps1 version) on the 1st floor of the castle map that always give willow wisp monster, you need some weapon to be able to hit them (some bow I think), but killing them gives good exp.
what you need is to get a character high enough with some alch or psy spell (I dont remember which line it is, but the skill you need is Chest).
once your character is/are high enough, you can use chest on the monster below. You won't earn any exp doing that, but at least you still get the chest, so you can upgrade your gear and also sell it and trade your money for exp.

other than that, to be honest I didn't really class changed before reaching the castle...
I think with Wiz2 the party I had was 6 werebeast, 3 evil and 3 neutral.

with Wiz1 it was 6 hobbit evil. because you don't have werebeast in the beginning(you have to unlock it).

as for wiz 3, I probably went full hobbit too, the game isn't very long/hard(post game included), you can do it without class changing. there's a fixed encounter on one floor that gives good exp and is easy.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i assume you mean this castle?

that's actually a photo of the first floor of that dungeon. here is a photo of the fourth floor:

man, thanks a ton for that tip. i just cleared the first dungeon, the grotto, with the boss Judah the king thief. My party all hated each other's guts and all had like 50-60 % love and it sucked so i said FUCK DIS SHIT TIME TO MAKE A NEW PARTY. i made:

- 2 human fighters
- 1 hobbit thief (he is the glue that brings everyone together!)
- 1 gnome priest
- 1 fairy mage
- 1 dragon-kun bishop

i checked carefully all the compatability of each race in the wiki website from where i got those maps. i was very careful gave it a lot of thought which combination of races would all fit in the same party and NOT dislike someone else...

- hobbit is universal everyone loves those midgets apparently
- humans are only disliked by werewolf-race and devilish and are loved by faeries
- gnomes get along with everyone except devilish and dwarf and elf
- faeries get along best with humans but are average compatability with other races but they hate the "bad" races like werewolf/devilish
- dragon-race is very surprising they don't have beef with anyone! very nice surprise there. i think they only dislike elves if i remember correctly.

very happy with my new party. now everyone has 90-100% love relationship with each other, and no one has negative attributes. however i have to grind them up a few more levels before continuing on to 2nd dungeon. right now i am using the junk-pile in b1f first floor of first dungeon; the spot where you can use SEARCH and sometimes get an item or get a friendly enemy or a regular enemy. you can keep generating encounters there forever. good source of money too.

however i wish i had simply done what you did with your 6 werewolves... they are by far the best race! i didn't even think to make all 6 the same race :|

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom