Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Wizardry Wizardry Empires 1 - Ikoshie no Oujo ENGLISH Translation Project

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by MrRichard999, Mar 9, 2016.

1. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    MrRichard999

So i went and did something smart. I went through every single "operator in the .exe (there are in total 27 that I found; there are probably many more) and even if it was OBVIOUS they had nothing to do with determining the battle_text i still went ahead and renamed each one to something unique: (remember that these are Kanji characters that I'm talking about) I named them from 1/ ~ 9/ and then a/ ~ v/ thereby keeping intact the same byte-allocation and spacing and proving for the 20th time to myself that they can be re-written as literally ANYTHING and that it is only their hexadecimal value/code that marks where those operators are and interjects them into the game text. tl;dr the fact that the oprators are Kanji is meaningless and in fact for a long while I replaced them all with ascii value 81 10 which are cute round dots... (the BATTLE_TEXT looks like how you see it because i also marked every single description so i could know which one was used and where it began and where it ended EXACTLY)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

neat huh? it gets better. they're not actually restricted two space at all despite the fact i've been telling you they are in every post :D I was experimenting and if you take "v/" and change it to "PISSES ALL OVER THE FUCKING FACE OF" and CLOSE IT OFF AND DELETE THE OTHER OPERATORS AFTER IT (the kanjis overlap so for example something else might trigger on the operator "OV" because it just so happens the OV(er) was typed in the space reserved for i dunno 3/ or whatever)-- but if you use breakers like 0A and 2C and isolate it then the game will actually display it no problem! so v/ could theoretically always be the player pissing in the fucking face of a green slime :kingcomrade:

so as you see there are many ways to have fun with this! and who knows what i haven't discovered as well because check out this curveball it threw me:
    [​IMG]

.........YEP. MMM HMMM. Seriously tho, i have thought hard about this and I can tell it's almost certainly not a misplaced BATTLE_TEXT trigger i've gone over each one recently and they are all placed EXACTLY in the same bytes andeven of the same LENGTH (or less) than the japanese text. i mean it could be, but i doubt it.

I THINK it's actually something i haven't translated. I don't know what or where it could be or why but yeah, i think so. Would have to experiment playing with the original jap exe of the game but honestly fuck that i got shit to not do.

^ Top  
  2. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    WIZ-EMPIRE-1 USES THIS ORDER WHEN PARTY IS ATTACKING IN MELEE:
    [PARTY MEMBER] v/ -> [NAME OF ENEMY] -> 3/ -> [NAME OF WEAPON CURRENTLY EQUIPPED] -> 1/ =BATTLE_TEXT

WIZ-EMPIRE-1 USES THIS ORDER WHEN THE ENEMY ATTACKS YOU BACK:

[ENEMY CREATURE] v/ -> [NAME OF ITS TARGET] ->3/(or)2/ =BATTLE_TEXT

So keeping that in mind one could re-write v/, 3/2/ and 1/ to literally context-free and write them SPECIFICALLY in a narrative of contrivance and isolate those operators and spacebar/delete the ones in their way. however lord knows what those others one get used for. it's still doable if you keep it very short, for example:

[party_member] "targets" = v/ [enemy_creature] "and with" = 3/
    HAND AXE "in hand" = 1/ "he lunges wildly!" = BATTLE_TEXT triggered by 1/

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Grauken Arcane Patron

Grauken
    Any chance you upload the AutoKey script for Gen Xth and Wiz Emp2

^ Top  
  4. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    SURE, 1 SEC

^ Top  
  5. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    auto-hotkey script for gen xth - code hazard: https://firedrop.com/17a7ff5e987980bc
    - WASD - Q/E for cycling - SPACEBAR for pooling money - C for camp menu - R/F for function menu - TAB for Sort-Button -

auto-hotkey script for wiz-empire 2: https://firedrop.com/2dc326e272c536b7
    - WASD - q/E for cycling - c for camp menu - r/f for function menu - TAB for MAP Button

^ Top  
  6. Grauken Arcane Patron

Grauken
    Thanks, really appreciate it (also all the good work translating those J-Wizardrys)

^ Top  
  7. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    [​IMG]

Helly how's the translation coming? this turkey's p. much done :)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. MrRichard999 Game re-worker! Patron

MrRichard999
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Looks much nicer :D

^ Top  
  9. Helly Translating for brofists Patron

Helly
    Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    On it!

^ Top  
  10. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    btw, MrRichard999

i know you have some of the creature types and afflictions/properties untranslated in wiz-empire-2 and i understand you, man, it took me days and days to figure out that "Take a Bath" meant that the monster had access to FUCKING SUMMONER SPELLS (as an example). so because i feel your pain:

[​IMG]

means...

AP* = this is really the weapons ACCURACY modifier. Unlike the thaco, you want a high number here. Low THAC, high AP. However I couldn't find an acceptable way to translate that AP into something that would make sense, since THACO is already for most ppl the "accuracy"... so instead of complicating things i just left it as AP.

GITE* = The weapon-hand usage. I chose to utilize the word "USES" in the info-box for weaponry, as going with "USED" would make it seem like an item, and I didn't want to use HAND because the hands are always used regardless of how many or which.

Wiz* = the wiz-empire 1, 2, and 3 super secret super class you can only get by unlocking all of the title ranks. the Wizard is basically a Bishop with Priest martial progression and can also summon.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    http://frd.li/d4b8ba12388aec01771dfac215c9c3dc

Link to my last-updated English Translation of Wizardry Empire 1: The Ancient Princess FOR WINDOWS PC, i repeat: link is for a roughly 60% complete English Translation of the WINDOWS PC port of WIZ EMPIRE 1 iso.

Things that are fully in english:

- ALL GAME ITEMS (Weapons/armor pieces/etc). THIS IS VERY, VERY IMPORTANT!

- ALL Magic spells are in english and follow traditional Wizardry 1-5 naming conventions.

- All (ok, around 90%) of ENEMIES' names and information (yes, the BESTIARY stuff) is in English.

- Around 80% of the game's entire Item AND Enemy encyclopedia/bestiary information is in English. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! In english language but incredibly rough, as the following was done BEFORE I received a fully Jap-to-English translation of the game's NPC Dialog and Conversation Script (which I'm currently implementing):

- Around 70% of the NPC dialog/conversations, and more importantly for actual dungeon diving, all of the first 4 floors of the 1st dungeon's: Signposts, Wall Plaques and other misc. text meant to guide the player in ENGLISH.

- TL;DR around 50-60% of the total japanese-language text IN THE FIRST DUNGEON (which is HUGE and is as long, or longer, than say the entirety of Wizardry 1's dungeon levels put together) are in English, be it the dungeon NPCs found in each level's dialog (very rough, pre-translated script from pro-translator which I'm working with now), the "event text" such as sign posts, plaques, and other misc., and...

- Very, very rough translations using my (EXTREMELY LIMITED AND PROBABLY COMPLETELY EMBARRASSING anime-knowledge level of Jap language) of the NPC Dialog INSIDE THE TOWN, i.e. NOT the dungeon NPCs:

- Speaking specifically about the initial "greeting" dialog texts thrown at you from the Town shops, the temple, etc, don't expect much beyond translated greetings BUT I did fully translate the game's ITEM TRADING SYSTEM dialog nodes so you can fully engage in Wiz Empire's awesome "Item Trading Gambling Game" found inside the Adventurer's Tavern in WizEmp1... careful or you might lose a good item if you get crazy "gambling" items trying to score unique!

- Qwinn

Show Spoiler
    Guys, I've humbly asked Richard to take over this project for me as my life stuff (moving to US in February due to Hurrican Maria without any hyperbole whatsoever having completely set back Puerto Rico for at least 15 years)... so... well, TL;DR this shit might actually get finished someday now if he actually decided to take!

Wee!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. demilich Novice

demilich
    Guys, is this project still kicking? Waiting for the translation all these years :)

^ Top  
  13. MrRichard999 Game re-worker! Patron

MrRichard999
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Been busy with work and life stuff. I gotta revisit this one and get the text inserted that AgentOrange gave me. It's still going :P

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Grauken Arcane Patron

Grauken
    We waited 20 years for Grimoire, this is nothing :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. MrRichard999 Game re-worker! Patron

MrRichard999
    Sorry it is taking so long, This one and Power Dolls 3 are a pain in the ass to work on due to lack of compatibility in Windows 10.... Doing the best I can :P

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  16. mindfields Learned

mindfields
    What a shame, so those of us who use Win10 will need to play it on a Win7 computer or something?

^ Top  
  17. MrRichard999 Game re-worker! Patron

MrRichard999
    I think it depends on video cards mainly but it is not compatible with my new setup...

^ Top  
  18. MrRichard999 Game re-worker! Patron

MrRichard999
    Good news, this now can be played on Windows 10 thanks to DxWND! I posted the forum topic link on the first post for those who are interested. Also will be resuming this and getting all the dialogue working properly!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  19. Grauken Arcane Patron

Grauken
    Great news

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.