Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry IV Gaiden SNES Translation to English - CURRENT VERSION 1.02

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
So, been playing the last few days.

Spells:

I have some/several spells that say something like (-2 ac to ally) or (+4 ac to enemy)

Just seems wrong...why would I -2 AC myself? Or +4 AC the enemy?

Locked doors:

I've mapped out the 1st and 2nd floor of the first tower in the list.
None of my guys it seems can unlock any doors (the 4 big rooms in the corners 1st floor, for example)? Always fails. (fghtr,fghtr,fghtr,priest,bard,mage)

Maybe I gimped myself with those class selections for my peeps?

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Also for those doors you need to search around a bit to find the keys iirc

Well, like I said..I have 2 floors mapped out in "Tower of Idleness".

Not sure what I am missing to unlock the doors.

I spent gold on "a cup" to >"Tea Cup"
and Statue to "Statue of Bird"

But neither does anything, can't use the Teacup with Tea guy and Have no idea about "Statue of a Bird" or where it might be used.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
also, what is the stat "Marks" when inspecting a character? Is that kills?

Zep--

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
Also for those doors you need to search around a bit to find the keys iirc

Not sure what I am missing to unlock the doors.

But neither does anything, can't use the Teacup with Tea guy and Have no idea about "Statue of a Bird" or where it might be used.

Zep--

Same
I found like 4 other statues and i have no idea what to do with them :|

Hengki Kusuma Adi

Well, the final translation patch is no longer said "Tower of Idleness", they renamed it to "Tower of Stillness".

Why didn't you bring one Bishop in your party? Because without them waste your money alot, it is better to bring Bishop with you since that Bishop class can identify any unidentified item for free.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Well, the final translation patch is no longer said "Tower of Idleness", they renamed it to "Tower of Stillness".

Yep Yep, I misspoke. It's the "Tower of Stillness".

I'll look into the Bishop, maybe I can change somebody's class without having to restart? Thought I saw that option in the Training Hall...

Zep--

Last edited:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Same
I found like 4 other statues and i have no idea what to do with them :|

It's probably something jap-retarded I am missing...or the translation broke the game.

Here's my maps of Tower of Stillness (1f and 2f). I've explored every inch. tried using various items where it seemed appropriate (teacup with the tea guy, bird statue with the bird nest) and I can't progress thru the locked doors or the gate to floor 3. Can anyone drop me a clue if I missed something or am doing something wrong?

Tower of Stillness 1F.PNG

Tower of Stillness 2F.PNG

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
IIRC it's possible to lockpick those 4 doors(on the corners of the map)
Maybe your thief character is underleveled.

Didn't have a thief. Rolled one up and added to party, was able to open one of the 4 locked corner doors.
Progressing a little more now.

Thanks!

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Man..this game...

Just when I think maybe I am almost done with the level...A new floor opens up. I think I am up to 6 or 7 floors on Tower of Stillness.

Lots of backtracking.

Any class have a teleport spell I can use to make getting around the levels easier?

Zep--

Trung

Barely Literate
I think I found two bugs in WG4.

1. The game freezes after a party member (or an enemy) casts Tiltowait. The battle music continues to play in the background, but no commands can be entered. This becomes annoying in the Dragon Cave because there are enemies inside that use Tiltowait. I have to reload my save state whenever this occurs.

2. The game also freezes after selecting "Identify" at the weapon shop in Scarlet Lotus Castle (or Llylgamyn). Regardless of whether or not you pay the shopkeeper to identify an item, if you press the cancel button in an attempt to return to the previous menu, the game freezes. To work around this, I simply use Bishops to identify items.

I am playing version 1.01 of WG4, if that matters.

Hengki Kusuma Adi

I think I found two bugs in WG4.

1. The game freezes after a party member (or an enemy) casts Tiltowait. The battle music continues to play in the background, but no commands can be entered. This becomes annoying in the Dragon Cave because there are enemies inside that use Tiltowait. I have to reload my save state whenever this occurs.

2. The game also freezes after selecting "Identify" at the weapon shop in Scarlet Lotus Castle (or Llylgamyn). Regardless of whether or not you pay the shopkeeper to identify an item, if you press the cancel button in an attempt to return to the previous menu, the game freezes. To work around this, I simply use Bishops to identify items.

I am playing version 1.01 of WG4, if that matters.

Hmm… Already tried to reproduce it, can't make that bug let happen for me. When I tried to cast TILTOWAIT the game works fine. The second one that you mentioned it works fine too.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
MrRichard999
Helly
Gamerhenky

Man, i would be so grateful if someone could break down the steps taken, and/or the things that had to be done for this comparison to exist:
Screenshot%202017-04-21%2009.58.14_zps1clnt4wg.png

on the left is the untouched jap rom, and on the right is the 1.01 patched eng-language rom of this game.

now, i can make some educated guesses as to everything that had to be done, everything that had to moved around, etc to go from the nightmare fuel present in the left side to the glorious king's english on the right side, BUT:

could someone who knows this stuff break down for me what was done to go from A to B?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
BSNES is anal about checksums sometimes, but are you sure you patched correctly?

El Presidente

Arcane
BSNES is anal about checksums sometimes, but are you sure you patched correctly?
Yes pretty sure I did. You can try it yourself, it shows the first company logo, then eternal black screen. I even tried downloading the rom prepatched from 3 different places and they all had the same issue. The problem isn't the rom/patching, it's the emulator, I downloaded SNES9X to test and it worked fine.

Earlier this year I migrated from 9X to BSNES (looks a bit better and it runs super game boy) and never looked back. This is the first time I have an issue with it. In fact I'm pretty sure it runs flawlessly all my personal SNES library (curated down from the complete catalog - 570 games, most of the translated ones with soft patching tho) except for this, quite weird. I'm sure byuu would be interested to check why's that if he didn't quit.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Yes pretty sure I did. You can try it yourself, it shows the first company logo, then eternal black screen. I even tried downloading the rom prepatched from 3 different places and they all had the same issue. The problem isn't the rom/patching, it's the emulator, I downloaded SNES9X to test and it worked fine.

Earlier this year I migrated from 9X to BSNES (looks a bit better and it runs super game boy) and never looked back. This is the first time I have an issue with it. In fact I'm pretty sure it runs flawlessly all my personal SNES library (curated down from the complete catalog - 570 games, most of the translated ones with soft patching tho) except for this, quite weird. I'm sure byuu would be interested to check why's that if he didn't quit.

I'm sure if you called him byuu he would suicide these days

I still prefer SNES9x over BSNES exactly for those issues, I think SNES9x was also the only one who could run the translated Wiz 6

El Presidente

Arcane

I'm sure if you called him byuu he would suicide these days
:lol: Why is that? I'm out of this drama loop

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I know it is a bit late but I wanted to try and correct some issues with the ROM that can possibly corrected now that things have been documented... If anyone can help with this please PM me with save states from using SNES9x pertaining to the following issues...

- Upon casting Ihalon, one of the choice for "Increase Luck" shows up broken as "Increase ll" (Save state with someone having this spell would work)

- Game freezing when alot of Wriggling Objects (supposed to be Ant) keeps defending plus any enemies (either party member and/or enemies) overuses REA and QUA-based alchemist spells. May often happen when soloing in battle (Save State when encountering Ants will work)

- - The enemy "Muse" when trying to attacking players still freezes the game (most likely due to weapon/spell/instrument pointer issues) (Save state with this encounter will work)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom