Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry IV Gaiden SNES Translation to English - CURRENT VERSION 1.02

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Here to announce the completion for Wizardry Gaiden IV for the SNES!

CURRENT VERSION 1.02!

ALSO WHEN DOWNLOADING A NEW PATCH, BE SURE TO APPLY IT TO A CLEAN JAPANESE ROM AND NOT ONE THAT HAS BEEN ALREADY BEEN PATCHED WITH AN OLDER PATCH VERSION!!!! THE ROM WILL BREAK IF THIS IS DONE!

IF ANY BUGS OR ISSUES ARE FOUND PLEASE POST A SCREENSHOT AND A LINK TO A SRAM FILE IF POSSIBLE.

Here is the link to the current patch ---------------> http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2061/

You will need this utility to patch the original Japanese ROM -------> http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/893/

Make sure you have this ROM when applying the patch or it will not work correctly.

• Wizardry Gaiden IV - Taima no Kodou (Japan) (Rev 1).sfc - NOINTRO
  • CRC32: 1703D522
  • MD5: 7BA541A38E7C5E86FB0D4519B490EFE8
  • SHA-1: F4B6B592442F395CE5284FFF02A9556F8B3D9FBF
  • SHA-256: BD5023F7FBF1E1D1C5C6B350506B7F727B4A8EC05ADD7281FFAF8F3016FD7099

Credits
Contributor Type of contribution Listed credit
MrRichard999 Project Lead and hacked small font text.
DackR Hacking & insertion of large font scripts.
D.D.S. Hacking & insertion of VWF font and scripts.
EsperKnight Hacking dealing with large font scripts.
FinS Hacking, creating the table files, and script dumps of all the large font script.
AgentOrange Translation of all large font script dumps.
Helly Translation of locations in large font and small font dialogue.
Eien Ni Hen Translation of small font dialogue.
Mark Patraw Translation of small font dialogue.
Jink640 Wrap up text translations.

Special thanks to
Cooked Bee & Tangyi Chang
To all who have shown support and brofisted me :D

Also if anyone has information on importing characters from the past games or has save files, please let me know.

Wizardry%20Gaiden%20IV%20%20Engl005.png
Wizardry%20Gaiden%20IV%20%20Engl001.png

Wizardry%20Gaiden%20IV%20-%20Engl004.png
Wizardry%20Gaiden%20IV%20%20Engl008.png

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
Did you add the text language selection, or is there some kind of text selection thing already in the game? I've never seen a fan translation add changeable language options over just replacing text before, and very nice if this is something new to the code.

Are the "big" text at the top not translated because of knowledge or hacking limitations?

TigerKnee

Arcane
I believe a bunch of Wizardry game have English text options that use the original English version text for the game because the people who would play Wizardry in Japan are... uh, reverse-Weeaboos?

Since this is a gaiden game, don't know about the particular situation here.

tangyi_chang

Novice
Great job. I will check it out and try to solve the spelling “mistake”.

I does not finish the game but I watched the full playthrough by Jap player. No doubt it's a great game for Wiz newbies.

The Good
- You can easily creat a powerful character at very start of the game. or reincarnate the party form Gaiden 3.
- Rebalanced system. For example. Dracon now have “Escape” option in battle, LV9 breath can affect a group of monsters, etc. The female character can equip more powerful weapons and armors. The damage of attacking spells have no relationship with caster's level. On another hand, the Ex-maze "Dragon's Cave" is a really big challenge.
- Now you can do level-up works at 練武場 (Martial arts field), where you can encounter majorities of monsters appearing in those mazes.

The Bad (maybe)
- You have to make a clear plan to trigger the events in the three tower, or you will miss some of them and even affect the subsequent plot.

The really bad
- Casting "ジルフェ" (a spell which allows you to remove the curse from a cursed item) will crash your savedata.

Last edited:

Delmoko

Barely Literate
Mr. Richard 999 - any update on this?
I just started playing this yesterday - it's very impressive.

Hoping you're making headway on the language that is in the dungeons...
Also - when you go to explore the maze - there are 4 choices it seems like.

Do you know what these 4 choices are?

Thanks!!!

spekkio

Arcane
^
BRO, you're like the one and only sane "scene" dude in existance. Don't you ever change, MrRichard999.

No homo.
:rpgcodex:

Delmoko

Barely Literate
Hey, thanks for the update!
What other Wizardry games have been fully translated and are ready to go?
I think I may have seen you mention Wizardry Gaiden I and II?

Please let me know.

I am SUPER amped about Wizardry Gaiden IV. It's very old school Wizardry but with a lot of the updates that were
made in Bane and Crusaders. Thanks so much for your hard work. I. can. not. wait!!!!

Delmoko

Barely Literate
Awesome - I've never played any of the GB versions. Which is the GB Gaidens is the best in your opinion?

Also, is Bane of the Cosmic Forge totally complete?

Thanks again!

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Can't really say I have a favorite. They are all equally painstaking in difficulty but should be enjoyed in the order in which they are :) Bane of Cosmic forge is according to the author 98% done but there might be a few things here and there that might need fixing. I would probably play the PC version if you can run it OK on your OS since you have the mouse to help navigate the menus faster.

Delmoko

Barely Literate
Good call. I beat Bane of the Cosmic Forge on my 386 about 2 years ago. I'd owned the game since 1991, but this was my first serious attempt at it. It is a very good game - I was impressed. I never got far into Crusaders of the Dark Savant - it just seemed "too big" if that makes any sense.

I will check these GB Wizardrys out and let you know what I think. Do you have a good GB emulator in mind?
Happy New Year!

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Out of curiosity, how *did* one moved previous Gaiden saves around the games in real hardware? My level 23+ group in Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord did not transfer to either Legacy of LLylgamyn or Knight of Diamonds on the Snes, other than some higher stats and an small icon indicating beating Werdna, after copying the final saves (which seems to be the only way in the rom).

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
if you play the gaiden games on the game boy, you have to get a certain item which I can't remember in each game I believe. Then you get a code from there or beating the game which you input at the training grounds of the next game to bring them over. This goes from Wiz Gaiden I-IV and also to Wizardry Dimguil for the PS1.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
the game is p. good wizardry game from what i've played. thank you guys for doing this project. this game is worthy of the effort. i've just about cleared the beginning dungeon (basically looks like a japanese hotel) and i can tell right away the difficulty's kinda crazy. your very first encounter in the freaking game if you're unlucky can absolutely be against 3-5 samurais or ninjas... also the game is only save & quit, just like wiz emp 2. (obviously i know anemulator has save states... that's besides the point)

and hey, i was just trying to help out by pointing out a reproducible glitch :)

Comte

There are a few bugs in this patch that are getting worked out at the moment. We will have some updates soon. Its mainly tweaking the large font scripting.
I was messing around with this and it crashed when I attempted to visit the non hotel dungeon.

Sent from my Mercury 4.5 using Tapatalk

janior

Arcane
Vatnik
Tell me what i'm doing wrong, i put that translation patch in the same folder as ROM. I tried to switch every option, no clue which one actually changes language and also i tried sevral diffrent roms and it just doesn't seem to work. I'm using snes9x.

janior

Arcane
Vatnik
So what i'm doing is create ips patch----->selecting bps patch file------->selecting game's rom and then applying created patch to the game's rom and it's still not working

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
can't fucking wait! been playing way too much SoSC; need something to remind me that dungeons are worth exploring!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom