Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry LP

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Howdy all, it's been a while since this cycle of abandonment from yours truly has continued, but I'm looking for a reason to play something other than CK2, and I finally have a stable internet connection again, so I was thinking of running a Wizardry I LP. Most likely I'd be using the DOS version since it's my favorite. If you want to sign up characters, I'm likely gonna need a full roster. So sign away. Give me a name, race, starting and ending class and preferred alignment.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Everyone in the Codex have their obsessions, I guess. For some, it's repeatedly posting about RNG, and for you, it's starting a new LP.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Eh, at least Wiz 1 is short.
Thiefy McThief, Hobbit Thief, reporting for whatever this ends up being. Alignment is up to you. If you can make him a Ninja eventually that'd be swell.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
If you're playing Wiz 1 priest is probably going to be put on the front row, so I'm gonna sign up as a fighter human female to white knight lady scrooge

also, I know wiz1 doesn't have gender, but just make me female.

Wayward Son

Yeah, I confused with Wiz6, since I played both recently. Whatever you want - but we alreayd have a mage & a priest->bishop?

How do you play Wiz1 without map

what's the point of playing wiz1 with a map
Actually, I always liked having two of each kind of caster, and Scrooge ended up with enough points to start as a bishop. Wanna take the priest slot?

Wayward Son

0OyBTKm.png

Scrooge's character, I somehow managed to get her a good enough stat roll right off the bat to make a bishop out of her. So, I made the executive decision to go for it.

syF40QW.png

I got Perron a good enough bonus to bring his vitality up a fair bit, along with maxing out I.Q.

1ZDiQQt.png

Here is the White Knight her(?)self, Siress Jacob.

i8LjjW1.png

A strange little midget who just goes by his job.

Ly3KZ9j.png

Sorry octavius, but I could not for the life of me get a high enough bonus for your Samurai start, as much as I would have loved it.

acKPfSG.png

And lastly (for now), Tigranes the Priest-kun.

t5Yzw1F.png

After buying a bit of armor and weaponry, our intrepid heroes enter the dungeon hoping to prove themselves to the great Trebor.

QItVIdq.png

Our first encounter, and an easy one at that!

jB2mX2i.png

We send Thiefy in. He disarms it and gets us a small sum with little effort.

Mdr5lBz.png

Ah-hah, this might be a challenge requiring a bit of tactics.

7NRfmju.png

lol nevermind, they die easily, after a single Katino sleeps almost the entire larger group.

Now, it was about here that a mistaken keystroke closed DOSBox out. So, I booted DOSBox back up, and found that they weren't in Gilgamesh's. So now I am forced to take matters into my own hands:

G6yezSk.png

Without even taking the time to arm myself, I charge into the fray to save my brothers and sisters in INCLINE.

f8QRmQA.png

Well, this could be bad. So I use a special technique passed down in my family to win this encounter.

I run into the room where the party wsa left and let a group of 5 orcs go, since I can't get to the party should I run away from this encounter, and the game gave me a choice.

KavLjXv.png

I get most of the party back to the stairs, and then they return after leaving me behind to grab Tigranes.

U48Kvkv.png

With that taken care of, we're ready to go back into the depths.

ddSMn9o.png

You know how these go at this point.

2nAT74f.png

For some reason Thiefy thought the poison needle attached to the chest was a priest blaster. So we have to run back to the surface before he dies of poison.

mILdGmY.png

Back in the dungeon, we get a friendly group of undead kobolds, but being the evil bastards you all decided we'd be, we slaughter them for material gain.

xCHuxWq.png

I must have forgotten to get a screenshot of Jacob's level up screen, but he had a less good one, so meh.

kaauPaQ.png

Thiefy's level is not getting him much closer to ninja status.

RYOrIoa.png

Perron has a mediocre level up.

H7uNdCj.png

Tigranes gets a level as well.

Scrooge takes a bit more XP to level so we go back to grund some more.

niUSJGf.png

:what:
Scrooge is blessed by RNGeesus.

1yJ5eHA.png

Jacob's next level

oBNXJI1.png

Nice one Octavius

CikYaCv.png

Scrooge also gains a level later again.

PYdN6JO.png

Thiefy taking two steps forward and one backward.

c5O5NPU.png

Perron gaining some new spells, although his main use is still Katino.

lFp7bMH.png

And I leave you with this beauty of a level up from Tigranes.

Tigranes

Arcane
That Piety loss is going to hurt, as well as the fricking 1hp gain, but hey, the fighters and mage will carry us, right

How far did you get in Level 1?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A name change for the thread is in order, I think.
jB2mX2i.png

We send Thiefy in. He disarms it and gets us a small sum with little effort.
Yay! :smug:

2nAT74f.png

For some reason Thiefy thought the poison needle attached to the chest was a priest blaster. So we have to run back to the surface before he dies of poison.
Oh :oops:

kaauPaQ.png

Thiefy's level is not getting him much closer to ninja status.
Eh, since you're playing the DOS version I don't really expect Thiefy to attain Ninja-hood the "legitimate" way.

Wayward Son

Eh, since you're playing the DOS version I don't really expect Thiefy to attain Ninja-hood the "legitimate" way.
Luckily for you, there's an item that can randomly drop in the third or fourth floor that when invoked by a thief class changes them to a ninja, and it keeps all their stats the same iirc.

Wayward Son

NvrkYPa.png

While wandering aimlessly, I come across this set of downward stairs. Unsure of our strength, I instead opt to wander around the first floor some more.

x6XJWk4.png

While checking for level progress, my finger slipped and exited the level up screen before I could snap a pic of him progressing to the fourth level.

oLi2KfN.png

Not wanting to risk our only party members' heads quite yet, I opt out of adventuring beyond the sign.

mIlOX9u.png

This encounter is a piece of cake by now. This game has a definite power curve.

4SAEUMN.png

This one takes a bit more, a full turn in and they're all stil alive.

uHlpcSS.png

I go with this loadout for the turn, ready to sleep them and slam them with the artillery. (The artillery being a couple of heavily muscled teens.)

XuUmBmD.png

He's still standing! :what:

We mop up the garbage and go back to town to check for levels.

Mc7VFh9.png

:salute:

GQAsYum.png

:salu- :what: Nice 14 hp gain there Jacob, made you surpass Octavius for now.

89D0m37.png

Scrooge still needs extra XP to level up :decline:

OcMTElJ.png

That's quite the level for Tigranes.

2UwETbp.png

JI66ht2.png

The two frontliners, and they have the stats to match. I don't see Octavius hitting Samurai anytime soon.
u7Vplr2.png

Scrooge the secondary spellcaster and rear-frontliner.
mczygE2.png

Thiefy who hasn't hurt a fly other than himself yet.
6uO12WR.png

Tigranes, whose healing has come in handy, as well as being the primary damaging caster.
SZUnqnU.png

Katino spam sure has made this floor easier.

Tigranes

Arcane
I could smash that Scrooge any day, son

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom