Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry New Age of Llylgamyn

Tails

Arbiter
Anyone play this remake of 4-5 Wizardry games? I'm trying to check it out, but it seems refusing to work properly on Windows XP. When I run game in fullscreen mode and choose scenario (classic or arranged), music is playing in background, but the screen is black. In window mode, after choosing scenario games crashes ( wiz4s_k.exe has encountered a problem and need to close etc.). Same issue on patched/un-patched version. Anyone know solution for this issue?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I downloaded both this and Llylgamyn Saga (1-3) years ago and ran them both successfully on XP (without any fancy config, IIRC). Never got very far though, always intended to go back to them. I don't have XP installed ATM but I'll try it on Win7 when I get back home and see if I can reproduce/fix the problem.

... or I could try it in XP mode, that'll do.

Tails

Arbiter
Llylgamyn Saga works fine for me, only this one has some weird issues. Well I managed to run it somehow in D3DWindower and the main screen is broken, rest work fine but hm it seems this New Age of Llylgamyn has even more incomplete translation then first one, in fact nothing seems to be translated.

Elzair said:
Are these weaboo only?
Llylgamyn Saga (Wiz I-III remakes) not, New Age of Llylgamyn could be, yet you can switch always to classic mode for monsters and dungeon visuals. Still when Llylgamyn Saga has mouse based interface, this one completely lacks it.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tried the Saga once, but then abandoned it for some reason I can't now recall. Thanks for the reminder, though, will probably get back to it once I'm done with New Vegas :thumbsup:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Get the PSX versions and play it on an emulator (like pSX). It works fine, has a nice interface, most of the text translated in English if you check the right options (not for the remake of Wiz4 though) and you can use save-states if you feel like it.

pigsy

Educated
Sorry to bump old thread, but could someone upload PC version of new age of llylgamyn? Can't find working link.

mondblut

Arcane
Meh... There is already a damn fine SNES port of Wizardry 5. If it's "not for the remake of Wiz4 though", there really is zero worth in this one, alas.

Tried to play the 1-3 remake a few years ago, but item descriptions etc were still in this stupid gook woodcarving. WTF America, why didn't you force the japs to take up english as a state language during your years of occupation, under the threat of more nuclear bombings?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
ecm is an archive. Use unecm to unpack it. If it doesn't come with the download, Google for it.

Nattvardsvin

Learned
Daemon Tools doesn't like '.bin.ecm' file. Is this really PC version and not playstation one? Please bear with, i really want to play this game :)

It's the PC version. And as FeelTheRads wrote, you need to use unecm to unpack it to a .bin file. Forgot to include the tool, but a google search should sort it out. ;-)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ynhwntzzyng here is one link to it.

pigsy

Educated
ecm is an archive. Use unecm to unpack it. If it doesn't come with the download, Google for it.

Daemon Tools doesn't like '.bin.ecm' file. Is this really PC version and not playstation one? Please bear with, i really want to play this game :)

It's the PC version. And as FeelTheRads wrote, you need to use unecm to unpack it to a .bin file. Forgot to include the tool, but a google search should sort it out. ;-)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ynhwntzzyng here is one link to it.
Thank you!!! Really appreciate it.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
The PC version kind of sucks. The actual maze window takes up like 1/8th of the screen, menus are 1/4th and the rest is all blank space. Just play the Playstation version; it looks nicer and it takes up the whole screen. The only real reason you'd want to play one of these remakes is that they look and sound better.

JustJeff88

Novice
My apologies for the thread necromancy, but I have been on a hunt for some time for Llylgamyn Saga/New Age for the PC and was referred to this thread by another forum. The above links are, sadly, dead and I have been looking high and low for the PC versions of those two compilations for some time. I even found the full English patch for Saga, but no copy of the game to which to apply it. Somewhat ironically, the PSX/Saturn versions seem fairly abundant, but I really want the Windows versions. Can anybody help me out?

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
My apologies for the thread necromancy, but I have been on a hunt for some time for Llylgamyn Saga/New Age for the PC and was referred to this thread by another forum. The above links are, sadly, dead and I have been looking high and low for the PC versions of those two compilations for some time. I even found the full English patch for Saga, but no copy of the game to which to apply it. Somewhat ironically, the PSX/Saturn versions seem fairly abundant, but I really want the Windows versions. Can anybody help me out?
I'm about to go on a road trip, I'll do some digging when I get back home but I think the PC version is only interesting for historical purposes. It's difficult to run because it doesn't accept Western characters (like a lot of Japanese PC games from the 90s) and the explore and stat windows take up like 1/4th of the screen, the rest being just blank space. It has the exact same content (I think maybe the music is a higher bitrate on the PC) and both versions are completely playable in English. I think the PSX version is better in every regard, but I'll look around for the PC version when I get back. It might still be on my computer.

You mind if I ask why you want it? Just kind of curious.

JustJeff88

Novice
I am just a big fan of the series and like the conveniences of the remake. There is a full-English translation patch out there (for Saga, at least), and I have gotten the Demo of the game (patched into English) to run in an XP virtual machine and have seen detailed instructions for running the full version in Windows 7. I am just amazed and baffled why I can find the PSX/Saturn versions so readily, but have had no luck with the PC versions.

If you can help me out, I would be much obliged. I might be amenable to the console versions via emulation, but those are still largely in Japanese even with the switches flipped. I admit that the PC version of Saga is arse-ugly, but I think that I can make a go of it. Plus, anyone who plays those games for visuals is proper daft anyway.

It took me months to find a copy of Tales of the Forsaken Land for PS2, but I bloody well finally got a copy for the bargain price of $5. I am nothing if not determined.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
The PSX version is superior. I tried the PC version and the interface is annoying while the PSX version not only looks better but maintains the original feel of the game. And if you are a purist you can even make it look like the original release. It's also much easier to run on an emulator (I recommend pSX) than have the PC version run on modern computers.

stabby

Learned
JustJeff88: Found both of them for ya, and in the midst of acquiring and uploading to my dropbox folder for you to pick up. Check your pm inbox later for the linky-poos, as I don't want to leave them just lying around for everyone to see (but of course if anyone else wants within the next day or so, feel free to ask). Quick heads up, you will need to pick up the ECM util to decompress the disc image for New Age, but that should be fairly easy.

... yeah, I could have done it, but I'm feelin' lazy today.

Will say that tracking down some of the Wizardry releases are more of a pain than they should be, as I was fairly surprised how much effort it required just to find the Wizardry Xth games for the PS2.

JustJeff88

Novice
I actually got both PSX versions to run in ePSXe, and they do look nice but even with all of the switches flipped they were will largely in Japanese. I speak/read 3 languages, but Japanese is not among that small group. I may change my mind if and when I get the PC versions running, but I want to have a go with the PC versions first. Ironic that I would get this itch just before GOG re-releases Wizardry 6, both versions of 7, and 8. I have this weird fondness for getting old games to run - last night I spent almost the entire evening getting the first two Might & Magic games for Mac to run on Windows 7, and I pullled it off after about 6 hours of work.

Thank you for the helping hand, Stabby, and I will keep an eye open.

Clockwork Knight, in regards to your embedded quote: I just finished my first year full-time in academia and let me just say that I would probably be better off if I never spoke to a colleague again. :P

LundB

Mistakes were made.
You're all filthy pirates, I saw these games for sale in a store just a few months ago. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom