Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - open world isometric action-RPG

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Is truth that they made spells scale with the size and sharpness of your axe like D3? If yes, an removing from my wishlist now.

Sykar

Arcane
Did anyone keep playing, or tried to play again recently? Did they fix the mess they released?

(Or in case you do not think it was a mess: Did they game get even better?)

It is decent but nothing special. Most of the severe problems were fixed right now the problems are balance and endgame content. If you enjoy D3 type of gameplay feel/visuals and a mix of PoE passive skill tree and D3s skill/rune system with a somewhat unique attribute system you can give it a try. Speaking from offline play only. I do not care one bit about online play and I am glad that the game has an offline mode.

Is truth that they made spells scale with the size and sharpness of your axe like D3? If yes, an removing from my wishlist now.

Spells are not depended much on your weapon and weapons are just stat sticks for casters unless you make a hybrid.

Did anyone keep playing, or tried to play again recently? Did they fix the mess they released?

I haven't reinstalled. I actually enjoyed it for what it was despite the bugginess (only really had a couple of showstopping bugs), the gameplay was ok and at least not molasses slow like Titan Quest, the setting was pretty cool (wish they expanded on it instead of minor Amplitude-style snippets), and the atmosphere was good. It was kind of a shit game, but you know what? I had fun. And I think I got my money's worth. But I haven't reinstalled because it's clear they're focused on "repeatables" instead of a good core campaign and I just have no interest in that. I played the campaign once, I had fun, dicked around in repeatables for a bit, game finished. Maybe if the campaign story gets continued I'll reinstall.

kreight

I haven't reinstalled. I actually enjoyed it for what it was despite the bugginess (only really had a couple of showstopping bugs), the gameplay was ok and at least not molasses slow like Titan Quest, the setting was pretty cool (wish they expanded on it instead of minor Amplitude-style snippets), and the atmosphere was good. It was kind of a shit game, but you know what? I had fun. And I think I got my money's worth. But I haven't reinstalled because it's clear they're focused on "repeatables" instead of a good core campaign and I just have no interest in that. I played the campaign once, I had fun, dicked around in repeatables for a bit, game finished. Maybe if the campaign story gets continued I'll reinstall.
You are a one of a weirdo I can tell you that much. Playing arpgs for the fucking story. Read the newspaper and get a better story.

You are a one of a weirdo I can tell you that much. Playing arpgs for the fucking story. Read the newspaper and get a better story.

Guys what button is the opposite of
rating_prestigious.png
? I need to rate his post with that.

Sykar

Arcane

Guys what button is the opposite of
rating_prestigious.png
? I need to rate his post with that.

When in doubt press
rating_retarded.png
, works for me.

ADL

Prophet

since no one else is saying it, go play Last Epoch or Grim Dawn instead

Sykar

Arcane
Last Epoch is limited to even less abilities than Wolcen which was already criminally limited in that regard. Hard pass for me.

Do you mean skills that you can use simultaneously, or overall? What's the count on that in Wolcen?

Simultaneously of course. 5 skills, seriously, and then the gall to have shitty boring buffs which are effectively just limited passives as well? Pfff

Perkel

Arcane
Apparently via leaked interview new expansion will be released today:

- 126 new passives
- reworked balance of game and old passives
- new skills
- seasons introduction and new economy start in new league
- pets picking up stuff
- some new end game content/system

Above is not all.

7PM CET.

Hopefully this will be their mea culpa and they will start to turn things around. They have enough initial money to easily work on game for few years. They still have best melee combat in ARPG and they just need more polish and content to get to good status and from there just more and more and it should quickly become good contender.

kreight

I always felt POE story reaked of leftist stuff. Among characters there is a lesbian, a feminist, a racial aborigine and probably a gay person. The whole story was about the opressed fighting against the evil empire. "We do this for freedom!".

Peachcurl

Cipher
I always felt POE story reaked of leftist stuff. Among characters there is a lesbian, a feminist, a racial aborigine and probably a gay person. The whole story was about the opressed fighting against the evil empire. "We do this for freedom!".

Ah come on, the oppressed fighting against their oppressor is a stereotype that is at least as old as the bible. The older, more fun part of the bible even.

Perkel

Arcane
Official announcement is out. Expansions available today:

Hello everyone,

The servers of Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem are now offline while we prepare for the release of our Chronicle I: Bloodtrail, and allow you to pre-download the update.
Until the Chronicle is released this evening, you will not be able to play Wolcen whether it is online or offline, but here are some details that you might enjoy before joining the hunt!

The full Patch Notes will be available soon].

Here is a short summary of what you can expect in this first major update.

We’ve added a new Game Mode: Chronicles.

Chronicles allows you to play with a new character in a completely fresh economy, and access the seasonal events during the campaign and in the endgame. This specific event will require you to successfully track a Prey and make decisions during your hunt to make it more or less challenging depending on the choices you make. This will allow you to customize your hunt in order to earn even more powerful rewards!

Hunters are commonly known for having a faithful companion, so we have also introduced Pets to that first Chronicle!

We have also added new endgame buildings in the Champion of Stormfall Game Mode, including a new Narrative Bloodtrail event where you will work with a new character: Ilthain, from the Order of Oshara, to find clues on the whereabouts of the missing Dragon Matriarch. Finishing all the narrative missions, including the Chronicle Boss, will earn you 4 baby dragon pets, and the Order of Oshara armor skin.

Kickstarter backers will be able to receive their armor skins and pet skins from their pledge. To find out how you can claim your rewards, we’ve made a specific FAQ. These skins are also Steam inventory items, so you can trade them with other players, but you will lose the ability to use them in-game if you choose to do so.

In addition to these Chronicle specific content, a new skill is available to Ranger/Rogue archetypes, and the balancing has been completely overhauled to give more meaningful upgrades from the Gate of Fates and gear, but also more reasonable values when it comes to damage numbers in-game.
We redesigned the Active Skills tree, you will now select Damage Types independently from other modifiers.
More than 70 new Damage Type Modifiers have been added to the Active Skills and 40 new minor modifiers have been added as well.

We revisited the crafting approach by adding a new Crafting UI that will allow players to have more understanding and control over the outcome of their craft.

Stay tuned on Twitch!

We are working with several Twitch streamers to give you the possibility to receive a unique and stylish pet: the Time-Devourer Wolf.
All you have to do is link your Wolcen and Twitch accounts, then watch one of our partnered streamers playing Wolcen for about 1 hour.
Make sure to check the FAQ to see the list of eligible streamers and follow the steps to link your Wolcen account to Twitch.

A new update means that some bugs might have slipped past our QA team, but rest assured we will be working on fixes as fast as we possibly can. If this happens, please contact our Customer Support and provide us with as many details as possible.

Finally, we will continue to develop and bring even more free updates in the future, and we hope that you will enjoy it as much as we did, developing and supporting Wolcen to new heights for the community.

This is only the beginning of this journey to bring the game where our community wants it to be.
Please don’t hesitate to share your feedback, ideas and suggestions, we will read them carefully.

kreight

Ah come on, the oppressed fighting against their oppressor is a stereotype that is at least as old as the bible. The older, more fun part of the bible even.
of course its a stereotype, its the way you put it that makes it gay.

go check out steam forums for this game. thers a thread there and one from USA says this, I quote:

Tencent's ambition is not to make money. They have plenty that. It is to spread anti-conservative propaganda. That is why they bought out gaming sites and blogs, gave a substantial amount of money to Epic who only has reviews that link to the sites they own or have paid money into and if you want user reviews you have to log into a web sight just to make one rather than it being in Epic itself, and I can go on but people don't understand how China has put their little commie fingers into the entire world. People need to wake up. Freedom is vaporizing.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Was there ever really true freedom or just the facade? Maybe freedom was like casting a wide net or infection as lands were taken. One sides freedom and the other sides oppression. The goal of one was/is to oppress all. Its not like big business/government/or religion really cares about you as an individual. They want to control the puppets to make their tyranical lives better and more privileged than the peasants they control. Numbers/power/profit/security for what the empire believes will be eternal. The world domination game is still going strong. We as individuals are just near worthless chattel/cattle in regards to freedom.

Fuck/reproduce and make more to be programmed into the NWO system.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom