Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Warcraft: Dragon Desperation

J1M

Arcane
Feel free to quote me on this when they announce the next WoW expansion.

Things are so bad for them right now that the next one will be all dragons all the time. They'll still make the trans gnome dragon the most prominent, but this will be like when they needed to pull Illidan out of cold storage times five.

The multi-dollar company Blizzard did a sloppy update to their website and leaked the name of the Dragonflight expansion they planned to announce in a couple of weeks.

The team must be desperate. The artists appear to have rediscovered cleavage after spending two years removing it everywhere else.

Supposed cover art:
wow-dragonflight-posters.jpg

Last edited:
At the bare minimum, it needs to have a new class and a new race at the bare minimum, and no grinds. And that's not even touching the other problems like the barebones class design, or the lack of casual content, the forgettable music, or the trashfire writing.

I'm really hoping that there is a twist to the dragons, like maybe there are cyborg dragons or something. Warcraft dragons are incredibly bland.

Keshik

Arcane
I'm really hoping that there is a twist to the dragons, like maybe there are cyborg dragons or something. Warcraft dragons are incredibly blan

With Danuser running things, there very well may be mechanical dragons. I'm wondering which dragon flight will be corrupted and we have to kill them all this time around.

GreyViper

Prophet
On of the leaks talked about the dragon race that works similar to Worgen mechanic, humanoid form and dragon form. Tough im skeptical of them bringing back the glory days of TBC or Legion.

abija

Prophet
I'm not sure who needs to be told this, but if you're still playing WoW in 2022 please attend professional addiction counseling.
Still no alternative to wow raids/dungeons so... (and iirc pvp arenas either, but not something I looked for)

Myobi

Liturgist
At the bare minimum, it needs to shut down.

Fixed it. WoW's core it’s just outdated, and I honestly think that no amount of new classes/races, system revamps, make up and botox will fix it. Blizzard needs to stop being a bunch of cunts and go back at making decent new games instead of squeezing as many penny’s as they can from dumb fucking shit.

abija

Prophet
Wow's core is the reason they could get away with so much retarded/abusive design.

Sykar maybe list some quality alternatives.

Myobi

Liturgist
Wow's core is the reason they could get away with so much retarded/abusive design.

Sure, but that doesn't mean it isn't oudated, which will always limit how much they can do with these expansions.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
At the bare minimum, it needs to have a new class and a new race at the bare minimum, and no grinds. And that's not even touching the other problems like the barebones class design, or the lack of casual content, the forgettable music, or the trashfire writing.

I'm really hoping that there is a twist to the dragons, like maybe there are cyborg dragons or something. Warcraft dragons are incredibly bland.

What does no grind mean? One shot everything to max level ? Start at max level? No factions to max out? As for the twist to dragons I would expect none. The Black Dragonflight will take the lead in the storytelling for obvious reasons. Mayhaps a Rainbow Dragonflight will be introduced too.

Myobi

Liturgist
I would not touch Mongoderp's videos if they were the only videos left on YT. I did that once and my recommendations were flooded with his crap.

Amen that shit, those googly eyes all over the fucking YouTube page, it's nightmare fuel.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
I just want good dungeons since m+ is the content that keeps me playing.
New races and classes would be welcome of course but they are mostly irrelevant.
Playing on alts is a huge investment and they won't change this aspect of the game's design.
I'm hyped for the announcement tomorrow, maybe they can improve the graphics without requiring an rtx 4080 to play.

baby_hercules

Novice
Is this the expansion where they finally eliminate the faction barrier? Would unironically resub for a month if I could RP with the other half of the players beyond emoting without needing to use a 3rd party thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom