Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Worst playable fantasy race?

Which race do you like the least? (not gameplay related)

• Human

• Black Human

• Elf

• Half Elf

• Gnome

• Halfling

• Dwarf

• Half Orc

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rat King

Educated
I got bored so I made another thread. In this thread I want to discuss what the worst fantasy race is, I only included the playable races from BG and IWD because all of the others are shit. So please discuss why all elves are disgusting filth who should be purged in every RPG they're in.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I picked gnomes, because what even is their function? Worthless little badger-loving shitstains. If I want to play a shorty, I'll roll a halfling eleven times out of ten. Fuck gnomes.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I would have voted for the dragonborns if they were listed, but lacking those abominations, my for is for the elves.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Why halfling over gnomes?

20200523-175852.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I don't think I have ever played a dwarf. I can't quite explain why, nor do I think they are "worst" really, but I just don't get why I would. They're shorter humans who like... mine, I guess? It's not a fascinating thing really at all. To be fair I rarely play warriors, which is what dwarves make sense for the most.

Elves make great asshole mages. They have tons of grievances and the female ones can be super feminine while still being powerful. Female elf mage for borderline evil playthrough is a great combo IMO.

Human rogues are my go-to though. Either smarmy Han Solo type scoundrel males or ruthless female assassins who give you the best fuck of your life before putting a knife between your ribs. I don't see any other race fitting this paradigm that well. Humans have the shitty human thing all bottled up.

Scarlet Lilith

Learned
I almost never include any of the manlet races in my parties, with the exception of halflings (aka not-hobbits) as thieves. Just never felt right to me and it looks goofy.

Cfl4vk5.gif

Also feel very weird about including half-orcs since it feels like monsters don't belong as heroes and it makes it suuuper awkward when you fight orcs. Like, Throgg the man eating orc chieftain which you are collecting a bounty on might well be the cousin or uncle of your half-orc party member. Actually, I don't like the concept of half-things in general, I mean where does that end? Are there quarter-orc guys somewhere? Why aren't there half-dwarves? Half-elves is about as far as it should go, since humans and elves are so similar, but beyond that it shouldn't be a thing.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Gnomes for me. Halflings and dwarves too. It's just the height really. And they always looking kinda fat. Not my scene. Maybe it's just because I'm tall IRL, probably.

DraQ

Arcane

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I'm gonna say Half Elf, but this applies to half Orc. I just don't see the point in including these as playable options when you could just have Elf and Orc.

Rat King

Educated
Where's the "all of them unimaginative Tolkienesque tropes" option?
All of them are shit, but which one is the shittiest?
Tolkienfag ones.
So you're saying you only like black humans and gnomes (jews) hmmmm.
Haradrim are also tolkienfag race.
+M
It's not my fault you've listed only tolkienfag races.

The Haradrim aren't black. I'm reading you like an open book, Draq. O_O

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Elf. The one really endearing quality they have is they are a snobbish, insular race and that never really gets treated well in fiction/games. LOTR briefly mentions the rivalry they have with the dwarves, but it's the flaws that make people/races interesting, and for some reason fiction writers tend to treat them with kid gloves. Maybe they're part elf, too. Otherwise, elves are just boring, prancing waifu humans with range skill and brittle bone syndrome.

DraQ

Arcane
Elf. The one really endearing quality they have is they are a snobbish, insular race and that never really gets treated well in fiction/games. LOTR briefly mentions the rivalry they have with the dwarves, but it's the flaws that make people/races interesting, and for some reason fiction writers tend to treat them with kid gloves. Maybe they're part elf, too. Otherwise, elves are just boring, prancing waifu humans with range skill and brittle bone syndrome.
That's why TES elves are the best elves.
Other than the dead ones, that is.
:martini:
</cpt_obvious>

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom