Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Would it be possible to recreate Arcanum in Neverwinter Nights 2?

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
:lol:
btw Russians were making open/online Arcanum engine based on FOnline. They had released modified mapper (.art not included). Everything else is probably dead.
hpbar.png

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Seriously though, Arcanum is fine the way it is. Especially with the high resolution patch, it's looking pretty good at high resolutions. Unless you have the cash for a team of 3D artists to basically redo all of the assets, there's no point in porting the game.

Speaking of the high resolution patch. If a good ASM hacker (good as in better than me) is interested, I can share the sources for the patch and would be glad to work together to polish the patch some more.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I think the only point of redoing Arcanum (say in TOEE engine) would be to remake the combat from scratch which means also a remake of some skills, items, monsters, locations, encounters... basically Arcanum 2.0. Not doable (or at least not practical to make).

Nael

Arcane
I feel like these threads are a Harbinger of another Age of Decline. Brace yourselves.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Vampire: Bloodlines in Gamebryo?
This one is possible, btw. If the guy doing is not from Bethesda, it would be a good game, at least. But better not let people think about it.

What!? Source engine from 2003 is still miles ahead of current totally not gamebryo engine used in Failout 4. Doing this would be a total complete downgrade.

Remaking Bloodlines on current Source engine, though, now that would be welcome.

Viata

Arcane
Vampire: Bloodlines in Gamebryo?
This one is possible, btw. If the guy doing is not from Bethesda, it would be a good game, at least. But better not let people think about it.

What!? Source engine from 2003 is still miles ahead of current totally not gamebryo engine used in Failout 4. Doing this would be a total complete downgrade.

Remaking Bloodlines on current Source engine, though, now that would be welcome.
Bethesda is no indication of how good/bad gamebryo is.
http://www.gamebryo.com/screenshots.php
There are some beautiful games here, Bethesda just sucks.

Black

Arcane
Seriously though, Arcanum is fine the way it is. Especially with the high resolution patch, it's looking pretty good at high resolutions. Unless you have the cash for a team of 3D artists to basically redo all of the assets, there's no point in porting the game.

Speaking of the high resolution patch. If a good ASM hacker (good as in better than me) is interested, I can share the sources for the patch and would be glad to work together to polish the patch some more.
High rez patch makes the ship captain at the Ogre Island to disappear, making the player permanently stuck there.
Plz fix

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom