Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Would you prefer if BG3 killed all Elves or just removed them?

Elves

• Total voters
Codex Year of the Donut
I asked myself why I hate elves so much - after all, I have no such qualms about the myriad other fantasy races (except kenders and their derivatives, but let's not open that can of worms) - but then I realised it's because they are quite literally a race of Sues. A cheat race. An equivalent of an OC hedgehog of that one autistic kid. It's a race that wants to eat its cake and have it too: they are of slim, elegant build, and posses massive strength despite lacking any visible muscles. They live like hippies and shit their pants whenever cutting wood is mentioned, yet they somehow are master craftsmen, they have no industry, yet are somehow the most technologically advanced, they live in forests and keep no domestic animals, yet somehow weave great cloth, they don't mine, yet they have metals for great blades, they sleep in deer poop and guano, yet they never get ill, they have no dental care, yet their teeth are always pearly white, they have a shitty root & berries diet, yet they somehow don't look like ghoulish virgins, they cannot have paper because muh trees, yet they have extensive books and records, and so on. Even if different works play them a bit differently, there are always cases like this with elves. They are self-contradictory. They're an abomination that defies the laws of causality. This is why you should beware and hate the elf - elves are aberrations in need of being corrected.
Elves are the fantasy equivalent to Chad.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
What is more disturbing were those half-Orc half Human creatures Saruman was breeding in Insegard
Aren't those technically human-elf hybrids.
a3-Kv5o3-700bwp.png

Technically no because Big Man Tolkien was constantly reworking origins of orc and there is no canon explenation for them.
Silmarillion isn't canon?
On it it is said that orcs were elves that Melkor captured and twisted.
There are multiple opinions, because nobody knows. The orcs don't nurture many ethnographers themselves, and the elves don't talk about such dark things.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Should BG3 have all Elves be kill-able in game, or should there be no Elves in the game?

To my mind there are two ways of thinking aboout this: If the Elf must be fought against and overcome, that sets a good, ethical example for us all. We must be watchful, resourceful and thorough in our hatred.
On the other hand this is a fantasy and so perhaps a world without Elves is warranted, just think of such a paradise in our time.
Geee,somebody is overcompensating for its shortness,i see. There is no need to kill a whole race for being taller than you mate.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Should BG3 have all Elves be kill-able in game, or should there be no Elves in the game?

To my mind there are two ways of thinking aboout this: If the Elf must be fought against and overcome, that sets a good, ethical example for us all. We must be watchful, resourceful and thorough in our hatred.
On the other hand this is a fantasy and so perhaps a world without Elves is warranted, just think of such a paradise in our time.
Geee,somebody is overcompensating for its shortness,i see. There is no need to kill a whole race for being taller than you mate.

Not really bothered about motive so long as results are the same.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom